From what I've seen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Graham said:

You could see they work well together tonight, Barton sitting a little deeper and dictating play while kranjcar sits a little further forward looking for the ball to link up to the forwards.

Glad to hear that, I couldn't make it tonight due to work. I was concerned they might cramp each others style.

Just now, Brubear said:

Glad to hear that, I couldn't make it tonight due to work. I was concerned they might cramp each others style.

No. You could tell they had played together before. Had a real good understanding of each others game.

Barton just oozed class in almost everything he done. He is going to be the driving force in our quest for 55. 

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

My concern would be if Barton and Kranjcar can compliment each other or is it going to be difficult to play them together, and hence keep them both happy. The quality they both ooze means that MW needs to find a way to make it work.

They've played in the same team before...

8 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

This would be my team.

Wes 

Tav Keirnan Wilson Wallace

Rossiter Barton Kranjcar

Windass Waghorn McKay

If you then look at how we can change this team then we are in brilliant shape.

For me Rossiter and Barton are similar and I'd swap Halliday for Rossiter - but it's great to debate the myriad of options we do have. 

How can anyone talk about dropping Waghorn?  The guy has 20+ goals in him again this season, even if he's on the right, he'll still get that.  The worrying thing is for the rest of the league, is if we can get another 30+ goals striker, then as long as we get a solid pacey centre half, we are fucking laughing.

Wilson and kiernan looked a solid partnership last nights they seem to have a better understanding of each other this season, I don't know if that's down to hill coming in and passing down his experience or the fact that we have 3 CBs and a 4th coming in making them get the finger out their arses knowing they can be dropped at any given time as apposed to last season they were 1st choice every game with no competition. 

I'd have

Foderingham

Hodson New CB Wilson Wallace

Krancjar Barton Windass

Waghorn Dodoo Mckay

Probably incredibly harsh to drop Tav but from what I've seen of Hodson already he looks a bit more defensively assured and isn't afraid to bomb forward either to contribute. 

Thankfully I'm not the manager trying to pick 11 out of the team we have:crywank:

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

You'll see even he won't start with those 2.

Out of curiosity what exactly are you basing you're preferred centre backs on ???

From what I've seen so far as the OP states.

Thoughts on that could change but I haven't seen enough of Hill yet to say he'd be a regular starter.

I still 100% believe that we need another CB(hopefully with pace).

The main thing is though, that the team can and probably will change during the season with rotation etc put it this way we have far better options than at this point last year.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

How can anyone talk about dropping Waghorn?  The guy has 20+ goals in him again this season, even if he's on the right, he'll still get that.  The worrying thing is for the rest of the league, is if we can get another 30+ goals striker, then as long as we get a solid pacey centre half, we are fucking laughing.

Waghorn is one of the first names down on the starting 11 for me. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

For me Rossiter and Barton are similar and I'd swap Halliday for Rossiter - but it's great to debate the myriad of options we do have. 

Halliday has actually looked really sharp so far tbf.

Spot on though I mean Holt and Crooks haven't been mentioned a great deal and I'm sure they'll be invaluable over the course of the season.

I think teams could also be game dependent, for example when we play at Pittodrie or against that lot. Genuinely excited by the options we have.

We need more than a team, we need a squad with no passengers and this is what we have got, Can see Dodoo forcing his way in the team at some point and Clinton Hill is a must start for me, but the team have not really been tested yet as apart from Motherwell the other games have been a stroll in the park, but credit where it's due as we have come through the league cup section unscathed and left Motherwell in our dust.

What a side we've built by the way, come so far in such a short time.

Im not sold on Rossiter starting yet, looked very good last night of course but he's only 19, got loads of time. For the moment im not sure we have enough to break down defences with him and Barton together so I'd still give Windass and Forrester the edge at the moment. Was going to include Halliday as well but he was poor last night. 

2 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

What a side we've built by the way, come so far in such a short time.

Im not sold on Rossiter starting yet, looked very good last night of course but he's only 19, got loads of time. For the moment im not sure we have enough to break down defences with him and Barton together so I'd still give Windass and Forrester the edge at the moment. Was going to include Halliday as well but he was poor last night. 

Forrester was miles worse than Halliday.

If anyone is getting dropped it should be him.

Think it's difficult to say what our strongest 11 is and there is no doubt that the team shape and lineup will change depending on who we are up against and whether it is at Ibrox or not. 

For games away to Tynecastle, Pittodrie and Torbett Towers, I'd go with Barton and Rossiter with Kranjcar in the free role. However, Halliday has started this season as good as anyone imo and looks like he will play a big role this season. 

Incredible to think about how far we have come in 14 months :praise: 

24 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Forrester was miles worse than Halliday.

If anyone is getting dropped it should be him.

Playing in the front 3 aye. He's been good in midfield. Halliday showed how limited he is in the advanced role last night. 

Just now, Vanoli said:

Playing in the front 3 aye. He's been good in midfield. Halliday showed how limited he is in the advanced role last night. 

Harry has been poor since the start of this cup tournament. I don't think he's nearly as good as some think he is and we have better on the bench.

I know he's coming back from injury but we need our best 11 in the next few weeks and I don't see him as one of them.

5 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

What did Halliday do wrong last night? 

23 minutes ago, WGOH said:

What did Halliday do wrong last night? 

Tell you what he did wrong.Played his part in a comfortable win for the club he has supported all his days.Unfortunately for AH and a few others in the squad it wouldn't matter if they go out and score a hatrick every game it still won't be good enough for some.It's the way some are and as I've said before on here just wait for the first draw or god forbid defeat and half the team will need hunted out the door.