A sign of the times

Gazza1212

Currently on holiday in Cyprus at the moment and trying to catch all the games while I'm here. 

Left it late last night so had a hurry up on to see the kick off, anyway half way down the hill to the pub I witnessed a fellow bear literally dragging his family off their feet for the same reason.

What a difference a year makes eh? The last three games v the likes of Stranraer and the pubs absolutely rammed with bears eager to see our team. All the signs are this could be a very special season in our history and the anticipation is palpable.

Without getting carried away there's a momentum to what's happening. With each passing week there's a belief that the manky mob can be overcome at the first time of asking. 

With another couple of quality additions and the added experience of our senior players then who knows. Anyway it's a joy to see us getting close to where we belong with  a style and hunger not seen for a long time.

Hope it rains.

I'm at work. .:P

.... I agree this season could be very special, wont get carried away before a ball is kicked tho, should be a good test on Saturday against a very good Burnley side. It will be nice to see if we can keep the ball and dominate a team with a bit of quality and its a big test for a bit of a shakey looking defense. (i know we haven't conceded a goal but I'm  still not convinced)

5 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Another big difference this season is not only are we excited by the team on the park but also the players on the bench. First time in a long time we have players who can come on and make a difference. 

Indeed. It wouldn't exactly have had the opposition manager running for the tactics board when he seen Nicky Clark and Dean Shiels getting stripped to come on.

Looking very good now.

16 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Another big difference this season is not only are we excited by the team on the park but also the players on the bench. First time in a long time we have players who can come on and make a difference. 

First time in a while we struggle to decide on our best 11 because our squad is so good and not so bad! 

3 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

Without getting carried away there's a momentum to what's happening. With each passing week there's a belief that the manky mob can be overcome at the first time of asking.

Kolo and his bheggar mates are talking about going the whole season undefeated. What a year it would be to bust this fuckin lots bubble. :uk: 

5 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Kolo and his bheggar mates are talking about going the whole season undefeated. What a year it would be to bust this fuckin lots bubble. :uk: 

I'm betting they don't go the end of the week undefeated, but hey fk them and their cheap shit talk. As usual it's all about the Rangers bud. :541:

I think Celtic have no idea yet how much of a competition they are going to face this year. Havind in mind that they probably no longer remember what is like to have to be competitive every single game, to do your best in order not to drop points, and when you do drop some - to be under pressure. They probably assume that the likes of Barton and Krancjar are done already, and the young blood that we have is too fresh to cause them trouble. But very soon they will realise that Rangers is back, and this year winning the title will not just be like a walk in the park. It will be mission impossible. 

3 minutes ago, demise said:

I think Celtic have no idea yet how much of a competition they are going to face this year. Havind in mind that they probably no longer remember what is like to have to be competitive every single game, to do your best in order not to drop points, and when you do drop some - to be under pressure. They probably assume that the likes of Barton and Krancjar are done already, and the young blood that we have is too fresh to cause them trouble. But very soon they will realise that Rangers is back, and this year winning the title will not just be like a walk in the park. It will be mission impossible. 

I think they realised the day we played them off the park in the semi-final. Up till then they probably thought they could keep Ronny Doolally and keep winning domestically. They saw that day we would outclass anything he could come up with so Desmond Dekker reluctantly opened his wallet to bring Brenda in.

10 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Eh! They have already been defeated; or did you not remember they were beaten in Gibraltar? Keep reminding them.

11 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Eh! They have already been defeated; or did you not remember they were beaten in Gibraltar? Keep reminding them.

They were rub-a-dub-dubbed; by the Butcher, the Baker and the Candlestick Maker - highly embarrassing for oirish football.