betfred last 16 seedings

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, southdown 1916 said:

Rangers will be seeded for the last 16 draw ,the 4 clubbing competing in Europe (no laughing now) and the 4 teams with the most points from the betfred group stages are seeded for the draw

I'm sorry I can't resist...... competing in Europe?! :lol::lol::lol::lol: 

21 minutes ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

It's a cup competition, nae need for seeding!

I'd agree in general but I guess there's got to be some sort of incentive to do as well as possible in the group stages.

I know MW didn't fancy this setup as he said it cut into the pre-season build up. However they have been reasonably competitive games so far and to be honest I cant see it doing us any harm at all. Its allowed him to rotate the squad and give guys game time in matches that are relatively meaningful.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

I know MW didn't fancy this setup as he said it cut into the pre-season build up. However they have been reasonably competitive games so far and to be honest I cant see it doing us any harm at all. Its allowed him to rotate the squad and give guys game time in matches that are relatively meaningful.

The group stage effectively replaced our pre-season friendlies. But, as you say, it did add a bit more competitive nature that probably wouldn't be there in friendly games so perhaps will benefit us in trying to hit the ground running in the league.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I'm probably in the minority but I really liked the group games. So much better than meaningless friendlies. To be honest I chucked going to friendlies years ago.

3 hours ago, Alec87 said:

I'm probably in the minority but I really liked the group games. So much better than meaningless friendly's. To be honest I chucked going to friendly's years ago.

Agree, said this two weeks ago, we will hit the ground running when the season starts.  I also DO Not want Dundee Hivees in the draw as I do not want to give these bastards any financial help.  I want them knocked out in front of the lowest crowd posible.