Novo to Glentoran

16 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

So that's Novo, Roy Carroll,  Pat McCoist and Sammy Clingan all in the Irish League this season. It'll still be rubbish...

It may well be but it is what it is, shouldnt stop anyone from supporting there team 

1 hour ago, weeto said:

I don't get all the animosity in Northern Irish football... as long as Cliftonville DON'T win!

Majority of English people could say they "don't get" all the animosity in Scottish football. With Linfield, Crusaders, and the Glens it's because they're from the same city. Portadown and Lurgan (Glenavon) are only a few miles apart, same for Coleraine and Ballymena. Everybody hates Cliftonville because they're ta*g cunts and no one cares about Dungannon Swifts or any of the other wee shitey teams.

Same as any other league in Europe really.

54 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Majority of English people could say they "don't get" all the animosity in Scottish football. With Linfield, Crusaders, and the Glens it's because they're from the same city. Portadown and Lurgan (Glenavon) are only a few miles apart, same for Coleraine and Ballymena. Everybody hates Cliftonville because they're ta*g cunts and no one cares about Dungannon Swifts or any of the other wee shitey teams.

On my first trip to Belfast many years ago somehow ended up in the Vulcan went to watch the Glens and finished the night in the Welders and that was me and the Glens 

16 minutes ago, worcesterloyal said:

On my first trip to Belfast many years ago somehow ended up in the Vulcan went to watch the Glens and finished the night in the Welders and that was me and the Glens 

I don't venture into belfast much but I remember wan night in the Diamond Jubilee on the Shankill and someone said something about Glentoran and some other hoor threw a bottle at him!

1 hour ago, Sam English Loyal said:

My first time at the Oval to watch Linfield in 1986 , we were in the wee pigeon club just off mersey street . Upstairs was for Linfield fans and the glenmen were down below , good couple of hours spent before the game and the banter was good . Went into the ground and couldn't believe the hatred on show , daft me thought it would be all prods together and one big sash bash doh Was fuckin mental but really enjoyed it even though the Blues lost . Have been to a good few games over the years including the Blues v Cork a few weeks back . The standard's not the best but you can't fault the players for effort , on the whole . I have to say I admire the guys who attend the games week in week out as it would be easy for them to sit in the pub or house and watch EPL games on the tv ( the social clubs at most grounds helps as well I suppose)

7 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

My first time at the Oval to watch Linfield in 1986 , we were in the wee pigeon club just off mersey street . Upstairs was for Linfield fans and the glenmen were down below , good couple of hours spent before the game and the banter was good . Went into the ground and couldn't believe the hatred on show , daft me thought it would be all prods together and one big sash bash doh Was fuckin mental but really enjoyed it even though the Blues lost . Have been to a good few games over the years including the Blues v Cork a few weeks back . The standard's not the best but you can't fault the players for effort , on the whole . I have to say I admire the guys who attend the games week in week out as it would be easy for them to sit in the pub or house and watch EPL games on the tv ( the social clubs at most grounds helps as well I suppose)

I remember my first game at Ballycastle Road. Freezing my arse off in the railway road end, hail stones bouncing off the tin roof. 0-0 draw with Newry :disappointment:

1 minute ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I remember my first game at Ballycastle Road. Freezing my arse off in the railway road end, hail stones bouncing off the tin roof. 0-0 draw with Newry :disappointment:

My mate and me came over to Belfast to catch up with some of the guys we know . After a heavy friday night we decided to go to a game on the Saturday afternoon . Him being a glenman and me a Blue man we tossed a coin to see if it was the oval or Windsor . I won so we went and watched the worst game of football i've ever had the misfortune to see ,Linfield v East Belfast (amateur side) in the irish cup . I'm sure the glens had either portadown who were a top side then or cliftonville . I missed the only goal when i was outside pishing/ throwing up . Thank fuck the club was there although the stick we took from the regulars was no real , said we must be a couple of dafties having ST's for Ibrox and ending up at Windsor . I must admit I have seen some decent games though , never made it up to the showgrounds yet so there's still time for me to watch a worse game of football .:D