When actions speak louder than words

D'Artagnan

1 hour ago, minstral said:

Be that twat David Martin   that will be behind it. Mind down at Berwick he slagged our fans, he should be sent packing from our club.

Agreed minst it's him but what about the alleged Rangers men in charge of him! :sherlock:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jimgers said:

The club should be liaising with the supports group about these banning's before issuing them, maybe they have i don't know?  But if they haven't then it would seem the club don't consider Club1872 are not worth talking too. As a member of the supporters group, then this is a worrying turn of events and confirms my suspicion.  That the club will never listen to the fans concerns.

What board ever listens to fans unless its money related, who wants a monkey on your back, in the cold light of day fans are paying customers subject to rules, and also subject to laws of which are in the control of the police and government to basically charge who they decide to charge whether its fair or otherwise if you put yourself in the frame so to speak, then you are at the mercy of the people who hold the power over the rules and laws.

I personally have nothing in common with any board that run Rangers, these are the people who make their fortune by keeping normal folk down by the same rules and laws of the country, one has already been in court and found guilty, oh the hypocrisy of it, the criminal banning the criminal element from Ibrox, but but, mine was a high class criminal act not common thuggery which is unacceptable, but you still have your seat at Ibrox.

The end result of this will be the fans to blame for everything and little or no blame on the SFA and the clubs in question, if you think different then you deluding yourself, even though its you that bankrolls Scottish football, get over it.

5 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

“We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club’s supporters would have done the same. This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly but as they swarmed across the pitch it became immediately obvious that the security procedures were inadequate and had failed.”

This powerful and assertive paragraph from the Rangers club statement following the Scottish Cup Final now, alas, seems a world away. It appears Rangers have forgotten the mitigating circumstances they themselves cited, as several weeks on the same supporters the club defended in statement have now been subjected to an entirely different treatment courtesy of our club.

The letter below was sent out to one of our fans arrested in connection with the aftermath of the Scottish cup Final. As you can see it is in 2 parts – a kind of double whammy. The first part imposes an indefinite ban from attending both home and away matches as a consequence of being arrested at the Cup Final and thus bringing the name of the club into disrepute.

The 2nd part is dependent on the recipient of the letter being a season ticket holder (which he was) and thus his season ticket has now been forfeited, without compensation, for the alleged criminal conduct which gave rise to the arrest in Part 1.

There is nothing anywhere in the letter which offers any kind of caveat in relation to the pending court case, no suggestion that such action will be reviewed or reversed in the event of him being found not guilty or not proven at any future trial. Whatever happened to the “prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them.”?

No-one is asking the club to defend the indefensible but is it really too much to allow due legal process to take its natural course? Could the club not have included the caveat in those letters that such decisions taken by the club would be subject to review in the light of the subsequent court hearings? Have the club considered how prejudicial to forthcoming legal proceedings such action may prove to be?

The particular irony in all of this is that the information which allowed Rangers to identify those charged with offences at Hampden most probably came from a football intelligence unit of Police Scotland. The same Police Scotland, some of whose members created a fictional, false and erroneous account of Rangers fans making barricades to prevent Police responding to the Hampden pitch invasion.

Actions speak louder than words, and the actions from our club in relation to the fans they once sought to defend by word, offer little to support the initial response to that post cup final statement - that as club, from the boardroom to the stands we are all in this fight together.

revoke.jpg

another good post D'Artagnan.

Can't believe the Dude is stooping so low as to suggest, with no evidence, that there was possibly more violence from Rangers fans that could have led to more trouble but it wasn't caught on camera or shown on telly. Pathetic.

14 minutes ago, Willis said:

Can't believe the Dude is stooping so low as to suggest, with no evidence, that there was possibly more violence from Rangers fans that could have led to more trouble but it wasn't caught on camera or shown on telly. Pathetic.

You're going to have to show me where I suggested anything close to that.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

In the Final day .After the riot started .The cameras on BBC didn't move from the one position hardly except for some few minutes .

I definitely think the cops told them ,they wanted all the footage but I also think they would have got stuff that never went live .

I'm willing to bet this unseen stuff is what they pulled apart for bears misbehaving yet ignoring all of the Hivs rioters 

Apparently it's footage from Sky (unbroadcast) that's causing grief for a lot of our boys.  Had a camera oIn the West Stand that caught everything

Rangers football club needs to be owned by the fans of Rangers football club. We have been so shamefully treated, so attacked, from all quarters, that we cannot, and should not, have absolute faith in any board. At least not for a very very long time. 

It now appears that the strongly worded statement released after the cup final was a rather cynical attempt to appease the support for just long enough to get a decent number of ST's sold. It's increasingly apparent that the board didn't mean a single word of that statement. 

3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Not to worry, our 'friends' in the SFA will see we're OK and treated well.

Just have to watch out for our own board it would seem.

It's becoming more and more dangerous just to support Rangers these days and one way or another, the bid to kill us off is still on.

Yes Dutchy and it will intensify when we get overtake the scum .Also when we get into Europe again .It will be off the scale 

3 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Rangers football club needs to be owned by the fans of Rangers football club. We have been so shamefully treated, so attacked, from all quarters, that we cannot, and should not, have absolute faith in any board. At least not for a very very long time. 

It now appears that the strongly worded statement released after the cup final was a rather cynical attempt to appease the support for just long enough to get a decent number of ST's sold. It's increasingly apparent that the board didn't mean a single word of that statement. 

Makes no difference mate. Murray, Robertson, King, Gilligan etc are all Rangers fans ... you can just imagine the types of fans that will be the ones at the top making the decisions, directives and policies if fan ownership ever happened outright - things would be a lot worse. It's a morbid thought. It's handwringers and appeasers that seem to get on and go furtherst and would be the same in a fan ownership model.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We likely wouldn't have. I'm struggling to think off the top of my head the last time a camera followed a pitch invader/streaker etc like they used to. It's much like the apologising for swearing thing that occasionally happens. In the case of the cup final they'll have went to the "hard camera" (the main camera shot you see during the game from halfway) and stuck with that giving a broad overview of what's going on. Plod will have requested the footage before the pitch was cleared. There's every chance the police immediately sent someone to the TV control room/truck so they had sight of that footage live.

All good but i liked my para version better ?

4 hours ago, crabbit bear said:

I think after all we've been through as a club these last few years, that Rangers more than anyone should know how wrong it is to rush to judgement without any kind of a trial. Our "friends" at the sfa were wanting to strip titles and alsorts from us for fuckall, and now our club is doing the same to loyal fans who have stood by our club without the benefit of any evidence. I'ts a fucking disgrace for a board full of so called Rangers fans doing this, as I don;t know of one Rangers fan who agrees with this.

Superb post.?

40 minutes ago, Willis said:

I can't believe that you can't believe it.

Have to admit my disappointment in the club at this.  Those scum bags in Edinburgh don't do many things right or worthy to agreement but at least they done the right thing by organising a meeting and 'suspending' memberships/season tickets.

How our club have treated our supporters here is very poor taste.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Makes no difference mate. Murray, Robertson, King, Gilligan etc are all Rangers fans ... you can just imagine the types of fans that will be the ones at the top making the decisions, directives and policies if fan ownership ever happened outright - things would be a lot worse. It's a morbid thought. It's handwringers and appeasers that seem to get on and go furtherst and would be the same in a fan ownership model.

Yeah, you're probably right mate. Which is a f**king depressing thought.

Just now, kanjo said:

Have to admit my disappointment in the club at this.  Those scum bags in Edinburgh don't do many things right or worthy to agreement but at least they done the right thing bu organising a meeting and 'suspending' memberships/season tickets.

How our club have treated our supporters here is very poor taste.

They'd also issued life bans within a week of the final.

3 hours ago, BF2 said:

Cowardice shitebag cunts. Whether they've turned the club around or not, this is a disgusting way to treat the fans. I'm guessing they'll re-sell the guy's seat and make double the money on it?

Yep they'll resell all the books again. Conning bastards is what they are. Absolute disgrace. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Not all but most. some were banned immediately despite not having been convicted yet.

Not sure I seen that but if they did then at least they are consistent at being wallopers.  Our club should not be acting this way without verdict.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They'd also issued life bans within a week of the final.

You're spending a lot of time backing this up. Why so eager to defend them and not your own?

Just now, kanjo said:

Not sure I seen that but if they did then at least they are consistent at being wallopers.  Our club should not be acting this way without verdict.

Hibs snuck it in under the radar a bit by refusing to confirm any details of them other than they'd issued a number of indefinite and life bans.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

You're spending a lot of time backing this up. Why so eager to defend them and not your own?

It's just what he does. He enjoys it and get's kicks from it. No idea why, I'd have thought it looked better for any taigs or enemies looking in (or the media) to help present a united front on it ... but obviously not. Him and a couple of others take some sort of twisted satisfaction from going against the grain and making us look stupid. Never will understand it.

5 minutes ago, Willis said:

I'm defending Hibs fans? Or am I stating a simple fact that Hibs announced they had banned a number of fans?

"My own"? Were you not telling me a few hours ago I wasn't a bear? Make your mind up man for fuck sake.