Club1872 on bans

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Leaving our support with a considerable vacuum in respect of representation ?

I agree wholeheartedly D'Art about the support needing a voice. It's a big necessity after the past 4 years.

But should the fans need to pay for this?

Is there any need for the sale of unofficial merchandise?

Is there any need for people outwith the club to be more or less renovating and running EH  (which ain't happening now)?

Is there any need for any money making exercises in order to have a group of fans representatives?

Let's be honest, the fans will never run a club the size of Rangers. Nor will they ever own a significant amount of shares such as 40/50% so why the need for all this money being taken from the fans?

The clubs not even listed and that could remain so for some time, so how can the fans buy all these shares?

Scrap all fans groups and have a committee of maybe 8 who represent the fans. Tell, not ask, the club this is the committee and thd club will recognise them.

All voted on by the fans by way of a circular on every seat inviting nominees. Then a circular on every seat detailing the nominees and asking you to vote for who you want.

Everyone gets their chance and then there's none of this "aye but 20000 don't bother wae forums" chat.

No selling merchandise, no DB seats, no office in Ibrox, no EH CIC, nothing that benefits one over another, or creates the super fan we have to listen too compared with the minions as ive heard them described.

And IF the Rangers need money to stay alive, or for any other reason, the fans will come good as they always do.

Cash straight to Rangers. Nobody else.

The majority of fans would buy into D'Art. Guaranteed.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

I agree wholeheartedly D'Art about the support needing a voice. It's a big necessity after the past 4 years.

But should the fans need to pay for this?

If the fans want a group that is organised and that can contact them, some of this surely needs funding .. the only way is via payments/contributions

Is there any need for the sale of unofficial merchandise?

c1872 haven't released any unofficial merchandise, I imagine you refer to Lionbrand, who are donating funds to c1872 for a future share issue (I believe)

Is there any need for people outwith the club to be more or less renovating and running EH  (which ain't happening now)?

Considering the building is in a bad state of repairs including reported Asbestos issues. I imagine the investment required to bring the building into a habitable state will be sizeable, this is money that the support would likely insist (demand !) was spent on the park. Until there is a cogent & sensible plan for the building then I'm not sure what you expect to happen, it's currently an eyesore sitting beside ibrox, covered in a banner (which is nice looking) to hide it.

Is there any need for any money making exercises in order to have a group of fans representatives?

What money making exercise, again do you mean Lionbrand?

Let's be honest, the fans will never run a club the size of Rangers. Nor will they ever own a significant amount of shares such as 40/50% so why the need for all this money being taken from the fans?

c1872 current goal isn't for a fully owned club but wanted to gain 5% shareholding (which has been achieved), ultimately they want 25% Share ownership (+1) which locks in a lot of oversight of the club and any future decisions.

The clubs not even listed and that could remain so for some time, so how can the fans buy all these shares?

c1872 can (& did) buy shares even though the club isn't listed

Scrap all fans groups and have a committee of maybe 8 who represent the fans. Tell, not ask, the club this is the committee and thd club will recognise them.

All voted on by the fans by way of a circular on every seat inviting nominees. Then a circular on every seat detailing the nominees and asking you to vote for who you want.

You do understand that is how the new c1872 board will be voted on, any member of c1872 can put themselves up for a place on the board then it's down to the fans to choose (just as it was for RF board previously)

Everyone gets their chance and then there's none of this "aye but 20000 don't bother wae forums" chat.

No selling merchandise, no DB seats, no office in Ibrox, no EH CIC, nothing that benefits one over another, or creates the super fan we have to listen too compared with the minions as ive heard them described.

No Office in Ibrox - Where would you propose that any fan organisation (which isn't funded !) has an office exactly? I don't know the financial deal c1872 has with the club over office space but I hope it's favourable (hope even more that it's free !), c1872 is here to represent all it's members (which should include all ST holders but that's for a different day ..) all of whom are RFC fans .. I'm delighted the club backs it.

EH CIC - Not sure how many times Grant & others have to say that the EH CIC is nothing to do with c1872

And IF the Rangers need money to stay alive, or for any other reason, the fans will come good as they always do.

Cash straight to Rangers. Nobody else.

Again, the 3 options for your membership are either ..

• all donation towards shares (RF CIC)
  • all donation towards Projects (to be decided on by the members - BuyRangers CIC)
  • an equal split between both

I still don't understand why folk have an issue with this other than "Aye but RST n'at ..!"

The majority of fans would buy into D'Art. Guaranteed.

Obviously, anything I've said above is my best understanding of the situation or just my opinion ... happy to be corrected where its factually wrong.

41 minutes ago, Ace said:

Obviously, anything I've said above is my best understanding of the situation or just my opinion ... happy to be corrected where its factually wrong.

One part in particular is the office issue. RIFC are not allowed to be favourable towards any company who's main aim is to purchase shares in same RIFC......or something like that.

I asked the very same question when I found out that RIFC were charging 1872 for advertising in the stadium, considering 1872 was the clubs idea, and the club would ultimately benefit from 1872. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

So 1872 is set up (clubs idea) and then 1872 give the club money to advertise 1872, which was the clubs idea in the first place...........using fans' money. 

As for EH CIC, I'm sure you're well aware of the story there.

Some other points I kind of agree with you, and some others it's not worth getting into again as they've been done to death.

Infact, there's a notable change even on here recently towards 1872, with not so many promoting it now.