Club1872 on bans

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update from C1872:

Update – 

We are pleased to say that following our clarification yesterday of the reason for the bans given to supporters charged following the Scottish Cup Final (below) we have been in further dialogue with Rangers on the subject of season tickets held by those supporters.

Following the representations made by Club 1872, Rangers have agreed that any supporter who is found to be innocent of any wrong doing can have their season ticket reinstated and be refunded for the games they miss for the duration of their ban. This refund will only be processed in the event they are found not guilty and to compensate them for matches they have missed. Their season ticket will not be available for use for the duration of their ban but will be returned to them immediately in the event they are found innocent. If they are convicted of the alleged offences then they will not receive a refund and their season ticket will be revoked without refund.

We thank Rangers for taking the representations by Club 1872 into account and we are pleased to have been able to achieve a fair outcome to a difficult situation.

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

An update from C1872:

Update – 

We are pleased to say that following our clarification yesterday of the reason for the bans given to supporters charged following the Scottish Cup Final (below) we have been in further dialogue with Rangers on the subject of season tickets held by those supporters.

Following the representations made by Club 1872, Rangers have agreed that any supporter who is found to be innocent of any wrong doing can have their season ticket reinstated and be refunded for the games they miss for the duration of their ban. This refund will only be processed in the event they are found not guilty and to compensate them for matches they have missed. Their season ticket will not be available for use for the duration of their ban but will be returned to them immediately in the event they are found innocent. If they are convicted of the alleged offences then they will not receive a refund and their season ticket will be revoked without refund.

We thank Rangers for taking the representations by Club 1872 into account and we are pleased to have been able to achieve a fair outcome to a difficult situation.

Likely hood of a Bear in court being found not guilty? LOW

Likely hood of RIFC board scoring a couple hundred pounds for nothing? HIGH

Just wait until they are proved to be guilty or not. How hard is that to understand for that shower of shit in the boardroom. 

As for the refund pish that's just nonsense. 

As for 1872 where do you start, yes we will fight your corner they say, first chance they get the board of RIFC slaps them down and tells them exactly what will happen and they take it with a smile on their face. 

26 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

An update from C1872:

Update – 

:lol: 

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Why do you put this shite out about only like-minded fans being allowed. Also "perceived injustice" ? what will it take for you to click-on?

It's a total fabrication that you use to try and attempt to justify your narrow minded, snidey views towards the people who are different to you. That's the ironic part.

There's a difference between a differing opinion/point of view and being hateful, tarrier-talking and hating your own.

You, like another couple I'm 100% positive are mentally unstable as it's clear you get kicks from being different. The threads on here the past couple of days regardings the fans being treated like shite off Rangers and the Police has been fantastic as I have a new found respect for people on here I disliked before for one reason or another and has literally unified 99% of the forum and everyone is in agreement ... then there's you, The Dude and AlBear ... getting your kicks from trolling and trying so hard to be contrary that people actually start to think you's are taigs.

I know you's aren't taigs - you's are Rangers fans. That's what infuriates people most - If it was taigs it would be laughed off, ignored or a banning.

How do you think it looks when the Police, media, fans of other clubs or fenians peek in and see you guys going against the grain and helping them crucify your fellow fans? do you not stop to even think about just putting on a united front? it gives these people I mentioned a bit of extra strength and justification to do what they do - if they are in two minds the first thing they will always see if your comments compared to the 99% of right-minded fans and think it's all worth it.

I'll await your reply of "paranoid protestant" but you've made an arse of yourself with that ill-founded nonsense once too many times - no-one takes you seriously - that much is obvious and nothing I can ever say to you will top that.

I don't think Ive ever seen you disagree with someone over more than a handful of posts without resorting to accusations of trolling.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

An update from C1872:

Update – 

While it's been pathetic seeing the climbdown from the boards initial statement after the game , I think that this compromise is not too bad . 

I hope that all the Bears who find themselves in court through the aftermath of the authorities incompetence get a result and can get back to the games before too long . 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think Ive ever seen you disagree with someone over more than a handful of posts without resorting to accusations of trolling.

To be fair, BP9 is trolling a lot.  He posts deliberately contradictory posts, just to get a reaction = trolling

DoNotFeedTroll.svg.png

49 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

To be fair, BP9 is trolling a lot.  He posts deliberately contradictory posts, just to get a reaction = trolling

DoNotFeedTroll.svg.png

I've no idea whether he deliberately looks for a reaction or not, much like I've no idea whether those who all post the same stuff over and over do so because they haven't an original thought in their skull. 

Then again it could be that he (they) actually hold those opinions. Either way it's funny to see the same people who demand the right of free speech to sing about fenians and fucking some old Argentinian bloke demand someone is banned for having a contrary opinion to them. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've no idea whether he deliberately looks for a reaction or not, much like I've no idea whether those who all post the same stuff over and over do so because they haven't an original thought in their skull. 

Then again it could be that he (they) actually hold those opinions. Either way it's funny to see the same people who demand the right of free speech to sing about fenians and fucking some old Argentinian bloke demand someone is banned for having a contrary opinion to them. 

I don't want BP9 or any other poster banned.

What I would prefer is sensible debate with both sides of sensible arguments presented.

However, coming on to a thread just to post an opposing view, when there are already 3 pages (or whatever) posted is looking solely for a reaction, hence trolling.  I agree and disagree with many sentiments on here but I know better than to go into a thread all about Protestant values (a small example) and post something inflammatory!  That is just trolling.

Now, back to the thread.......

What's your response/view on the reply from C1872?

15 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

I don't want BP9 or any other poster banned.

What I would prefer is sensible debate with both sides of sensible arguments presented.

However, coming on to a thread just to post an opposing view, when there are already 3 pages (or whatever) posted is looking solely for a reaction, hence trolling.  I agree and disagree with many sentiments on here but I know better than to go into a thread all about Protestant values (a small example) and post something inflammatory!  That is just trolling.

Now, back to the thread.......

What's your response/view on the reply from C1872?

Much what I expected, as is the club's position on returning ST's of found not guilty. 

I've been pretty quiet on this, and total, final bans imposed while someone has not been found guilty are deplorable and should quite rightly be  torn apart by the fan base.

However if, as the C1872 update suggests, that this is more like a suspension rather than a total ban, I can't see much else that the club can do. It's pretty common practice in lots of ways of life that a suspension is imposed pending a court case. If the defendant is found guilty, the club have no option but to ban them.

What I will say is that the club have totally fucked up in the way they have communicated with supporters here. They should have made it clear from the outset that any suspensions are pending the outcome of the court cases. It should not have been up to anyone to chase them for clarification.

A suspension of the season ticket before any kind of legal trial is still guilty until proven innocent. 

Conspiracy hat on, but funny how at the first moment of controversy post C1872 introduction there's been an irrational initial position taken by the club, followed by a slight pull back after an 'intervention' from C1872. Almost seems to perfectly showcase how great C1872 is and how we should all be so fortunate for its good work. 

9 hours ago, Gman36 said:

A suspension of the season ticket before any kind of legal trial is still guilty until proven innocent. 

Conspiracy hat on, but funny how at the first moment of controversy post C1872 introduction there's been an irrational initial position taken by the club, followed by a slight pull back after an 'intervention' from C1872. Almost seems to perfectly showcase how great C1872 is and how we should all be so fortunate for its good work. 

And the two part statements always good for showing how much good work you have done in-between.  :wink:

9 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Thank fuck somebody else noticed it. 

Those who have not been banned by the courts in lieu of trial have not been banned by Rangers I've heard.

I still think it's wrong to not refund in any case, they could even allow the individual to transfer the ticket into another name.

11 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Can someone explain why they were banned by the club before being found guilty of an offence or did the club ban them for having a charge brought against them?

Banned for having being charged and facing prosecution.

31 minutes ago, BEE said:

Those who have not been banned by the courts in lieu of trial have not been banned by Rangers I've heard.

I still think it's wrong to not refund in any case, they could even allow the individual to transfer the ticket into another name.

They have.

On 28 July 2016 at 11:43 PM, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Still not acceptable that you are basically being used as the middle man .It is a disgrace that the club have jeapordised each individual by finding them guilty before being proven innocent .

Would it not be more appropriate for the club to come out and say what you found out .It's truly pathetic 

I absolutely detest King and Murray and I see worse things happening under these two regards the enemies of our club .

They can't even be trusted with fair treatment of our own fans with their double standards .

Sickening