Bear jailed for 4 months

Just now, K.A.I said:

I think you've mis-understood me or think I've said something I haven't.

I never said I was shocked or anything. 20 previous convictions will go a long way in that sort of sentence.

For what it's worth, he was actually expecting longer. I'm not in an outrage over this. It's a shame and he has my sympathy. I don't like seeing any Bear getting jailed - unlike some.

Sorry! Might be losing the plot as I'm still stuck in work :hanged:

I don't think anyone likes seeing another Rangers fan get the jail. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somehow this news doesn't surprise me in the least. As a Rangers fan I'm called names at any pub I go to watch a game in and the hissing and venom is very worrying.

The judge sounds like a muslim who tend to send their kids to catholic schools so they're half way there in being indoctrinated in the ways of hating Protestants. If it was found out that he was favouring Catholic's over Prods, that would be deplorable.

As well as the police, politicians in this country all favouring instructions from Rome, why fucking bother fighting them fairly.

Some serious action has to start now before it's too late and the Vatican rules over us for ever.

BTW, you can get 20 convictions for pissing up against a wall, shouting and drunk and disorderly.

This must be the first time I've heard anyone being sent to jail for getting knocked out?

2 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Somehow this news doesn't surprise me in the least. As a Rangers fan I'm called names at any pub I go to watch a game in and the hissing and venom is very worrying.

The judge sounds like a muslim who tend to send their kids to catholic schools so they're half way there in being indoctrinated in the ways of hating Protestants. If it was found out that he was favouring Catholic's over Prods, that would be deplorable.

As well as the police, politicians in this country all favouring instructions from Rome, why fucking bother fighting them fairly.

Some serious action has to start now before it's too late and the Vatican rules over us for ever.

BTW, you can get 20 convictions for pissing up against a wall, shouting and drunk and disorderly.

This must be the first time I've heard anyone being sent to jail for getting knocked out?

Maybe the reason you're called names and hissed at isn't because your a Rangers fan.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe the reason you're called names and hissed at isn't because your a Rangers fan.

You could be right, but when it's orange bastard and Rangers cunt, I'd say that was fairly specific.

What would be the point of going to the police, there's no way you could prove it.

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

You could be right, but when it's orange bastard and Rangers cunt, I'd say that was fairly specific.

What would be the point of going to the police, there's no way you could prove it.

Might wish to change the class of establishment that you frequent. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I was under impression ,that previous offences can't be taken into account ?

The jury can't be given that information but the judge uses it when it's a guilty verdict.

Seem funny that he has 20 convictions, Surely he'd have been locked up long before now.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Might wish to change the class of establishment that you frequent. 

I very rarely drink these days, mostly only to see a game.

Funny how you should think that I have to change my habits about going to place I've been going to in years.

But everyone's got they're own point of view and they're all different. Thankfully!

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

I very rarely drink these days, mostly only to see a game.

Funny how you should think that I have to change my habits about going to place I've been going to in years.

But everyone's got they're own point of view and they're all different. Thankfully!

Just me, but if I was getting that kind of abuse I wouldn't be going back mate (tu) braver man than I am. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Just me, but if I was getting that kind of abuse I wouldn't be going back mate (tu) braver man than I am. 

I do go less, the point is, everywhere you go is pretty much the same.

Thank fuck for streams.

Have a nice weekend.

So the hiv boy that knocked him out did so in self defence and won't be charged with anything probably. Aye it's okay, run onto the pitch all the way down to the Rangers end , that's just exuberance,but it's the Rangers fan that gesticulated and wanted a fight. The only thing the Rangers fan is guilty of is missing the cunt.

12 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The jury can't be given that information but the judge uses it when it's a guilty verdict.

Seem funny that he has 20 convictions, Surely he'd have been locked up long before now.

Not really. Could be something as in innocuous as a BoP or two, maybe an assault, a drink driving ban, a couple of appearances for speeding, possession,  etc etc....20 offences doesn't necessarily mean he's warranted the jail for any of them. Factor in he's 50, that's 20 convictions over 34 years - hardly earth shattering.

I know folk with a helluva lot more than 20 offences to their name, who are nowhere near his age and have never been jailed.

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It wasn't for touching up weans that's for sure (tu)

Definitely not.

Same sheriff anwar 3 year ago! :sherlock:

A man was lucky not to be blinded after his teenage brother smashed a glass into his head leaving him scarred for life.

The victim was trying to put drunken Dean Martin into a taxi to get him home when the 17-year-old lashed out with a wine glass, Dumbarton Sheriff Court heard last week.

Martin had been drinking with his brother with a group of others at a house in Alexandria’s Cameron Drive on Boxing Day last year. His brother told him it was time to leave at around 5am and ordered a taxi.

Lynn Jamieson, fiscal depute, said: “The accused was upset about this and sat on a lower step of the stairs at the front of the locus with a large glass of wine in his right hand.

“There was an argument between the two brothers. The accused said ‘I will f****** punch you’ and with the wine glass in his right hand struck his brother to the left side of his face.”

Blood poured from the injured man’s wounds as he fell to the floor and he was taken to the Royal Alexandria Hospital and treated with 13 stitches to his eye area.

Martin, of Munro Street, admitted the attack.

Tom Brown, defending, said: “He is deeply ashamed of his actions. This has caused a rift in the family and he is very remorseful.”

He said the scarring would serve as a painful reminder to the brothers every day.

Sheriff Aisha Anwar said: “It is a matter of good fortune that your brother was not more injured and in particular he is veryfortunate not to have lost sight in one eye.”

She added that his brother may struggle to get employment in the future due to his scar and sentenced him to a community payback order, with 200 hours of unpaid work and ordered him to pay £200 in compensation.

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

For the case. Think it can at sentencing. 

At least that's the case on American TV lawyer programmes. 

You're right. Well I think you are lol. Under Ulster law no previous can be taken into account, or even mentioned, at trial but after you're convicted it very definitely comes into play for the sentencing. Although I'm almost certain that over here previous offences only count against you (when being sentenced) if they involved violence. Under the law in England and Wales, the prosecution can apply to have evidence of your "previous bad character" heard at trial, but only if it's relevant- i.e. if you're up for burglary and you have 8 previous convictions for burglary. Your defence can attempt to stop your previous being brought up but will usually be unsuccessful. 

Scots law will no doubt be somewhere between the two (Ulster law and English law), but I'd be reasonably sure that any and all previous offences would be looked at when it would come to the judge passing sentence. Nonetheless, unless this boy had at least 3 or 4 prior convictions for football related offences, four months bird is a tight sentence. 

22 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Same sheriff anwar 3 year ago! :sherlock:

A man was lucky not to be blinded after his teenage brother smashed a glass into his head leaving him scarred for life.

The victim was trying to put drunken Dean Martin into a taxi to get him home when the 17-year-old lashed out with a wine glass, Dumbarton Sheriff Court heard last week.

Martin had been drinking with his brother with a group of others at a house in Alexandria’s Cameron Drive on Boxing Day last year. His brother told him it was time to leave at around 5am and ordered a taxi.

Lynn Jamieson, fiscal depute, said: “The accused was upset about this and sat on a lower step of the stairs at the front of the locus with a large glass of wine in his right hand.

“There was an argument between the two brothers. The accused said ‘I will f****** punch you’ and with the wine glass in his right hand struck his brother to the left side of his face.”

Blood poured from the injured man’s wounds as he fell to the floor and he was taken to the Royal Alexandria Hospital and treated with 13 stitches to his eye area.

Martin, of Munro Street, admitted the attack.

Tom Brown, defending, said: “He is deeply ashamed of his actions. This has caused a rift in the family and he is very remorseful.”

He said the scarring would serve as a painful reminder to the brothers every day.

Sheriff Aisha Anwar said: “It is a matter of good fortune that your brother was not more injured and in particular he is veryfortunate not to have lost sight in one eye.”

She added that his brother may struggle to get employment in the future due to his scar and sentenced him to a community payback order, with 200 hours of unpaid work and ordered him to pay £200 in compensation.

Unreal Blue.

19 minutes ago, jim beam said:

His twenty previous convictions have came back to bite him on the arse although in saying that the court would have been looking for a reason for a custodial sentence and his previous was it.

Do you know what his twenty previous convictions consist of...or are you simply speculating?

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

i think its clear here that his 20 previous werent for minor shit like that, as much as a rangers fan being jailed is shite given how the rest of the footballing country acts, the guy is probably lucky he wasnt locked up before, and if he was he has no one to blame for being so again given his previous