Rob Keirnan

TMB

The warning signs were there at the end of last season during the Scottish Cup final.  Rob failed to close down his man and allowed stokes to walk straight up and kick the ball in the net.  Today against Burnley we can see Kiernan's lack of quality and amateurish mistakes showing through again.  If we go on in to the start of the new season with this guy in our defence he's going to cost us.  The manager has said he's after a new CB and let's hope that happens sooner rather than later.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first minute of the cup final was the breaking point for me, he should never  have played again,  but what happens? He get a new contract. The failure to address the defensive frailties is alarming. Speak to any Rangers supporter and they will tell you same thing, Why is this not being sorted?

Unpopular view but i like him, Yes can be a bit rash, but he still has his best years ahead of him, he has been shocking in some games but has been outstanding in others, people seem to love pointing out his poorer games, and almost ignoring his best games.Like i said he has shown how good he can be, now he just needs to show it consintantly and that will come with games. People forget before came to us he had barely had a season where he played consintantly.At least you know he will give 100% and he will only improve 

9 minutes ago, Gary1999RFC said:

Unpopular view but i like him, Yes can be a bit rash, but he still has his best years ahead of him, he has been shocking in some games but has been outstanding in others, people seem to love pointing out his poorer games, and almost ignoring his best games.Like i said he has shown how good he can be, now he just needs to show it consintantly and that will come with games. People forget before came to us he had barely had a season where he played consintantly.At least you know he will give 100% and he will only improve 

I like him as well.

But he is by far not good enough to be a starter for us this season. We need a commanding defender who can organise at the back and isn't scared to get in and win a header! Kiernan is not that man.

3 minutes ago, voltago said:

I like him as well.

But he is by far not good enough to be a starter for us this season. We need a commanding defender who can organise at the back and isn't scared to get in and win a header! Kiernan is not that man.

Although i do agree with you that we need a new cb which will happen, i just think that over time kiernian can become that commanding cb,

He brings his defensive partner down with him whoever it happens to be on the day. He lacks concentration and his positional sense is pish. Wilson is by no means a quality CB but he is better than kiernan. Lost count of how many times last season Wilson was shafted because of a kiernan error