TMB

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Smile said:

Posters also said we would be good at the back once we got midfielders in i can see no change at the back and the players there are just as sloppy.

The full team has been playing together for only a short while, give them a chance to gel and then criticise. I'm struggling to remember you actually saying something positive about the team..

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

The full team has been playing together for only a short while, give them a chance to gel and then criticise. I'm struggling to remember you actually saying something positive about the team..

The poorest part of the team have had a season together, i can't help you with your memory problems I'm not a doctor.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Fair enough.

That was the general RM response not mine btw. Far too many fans are happy to just go along with the gaffer knows best stuff because we were a breath of fresh air to watch for the first dozen games of last season. Hibs fans invading the pitch saved his arse in the final.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Smile said:

The poorest part of the team have had a season together, i can't help you with your memory problems I'm not a doctor.

I meant let the 2 new DMs we have bought gel with our CBs. 

Just now, wullyRFC said:

That was the general RM response not mine btw. Far too many fans are happy to just go along with the gaffer knows best stuff because we were a breath of fresh air to watch for the first dozen games of last season. Hibs fans invading the pitch saved his arse in the final.

Hibs did in a way as it stopped the reaction around me in the stadium which wasn't positive at all, lucky some of the RM boys weren't there or they would have had a wee bubble.

We lost half our away games last year and lost an average of 3 goals a game in our last ten games. Makes me wonder when posters are happy with that level of mediocrity at Rangers.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I meant let the 2 new DMs we have bought gel with our CBs. 

Oh right, they should have taken better care of themselves as its what makes them good money a job most of us would love to have.

I dont think there can be excuses for players not to be fit unless recovering from injury.

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hibs did in a way as it stopped the reaction around me in the stadium which wasn't positive at all, lucky some of the RM boys weren't there or they would have had a wee bubble.

We lost 6 away games last year and lost an average of 1.8 goals a game in our last ten games. Makes me wonder when posters are happy with that level of mediocrity at Rangers.

Fixed that for you

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

We lost half our away games last year and lost an average of 3 goals a game in our last ten games. Makes me wonder when posters are happy with that level of mediocrity at Rangers.

He's been lucky that he took over a shambles which has gave him a good bit of leeway when things haven't been going well.

The honeymoon period is now over and any bad spells won't be excused by as many fans just because "it's better than Ally's team".

30 minutes ago, Smile said:

Posters also said we would be good at the back once we got midfielders in i can see no change at the back and the players there are just as sloppy.

Warburtons priority should have been the defence it was poor last year and the weakest part of our team instead he's bought more midfielders than we need.

I was one of those posters, and I stand by that idea. They, Burnley, are a Premiership team, and we are not even a Championship team in parts. We have a choice: we are either going to be patient, respect that our manager has a vision, that he is an idealist, and that our club is trying to fight back in what is a football environment not awash with options for us in terms of signings. We are building from scratch, and it appears to me that our main opponent in the season to come will be ourselves and our own hunger for success. But, what is success for Rangers? Is it instant, or will we wait? Are we willing to build something solid, built on sound principles, or are we going to delude ourselves that there is a short term way to do this? We have the makings of a good side; and, for instance, how many of those subs that came on knew each other over any length of time? What is your solution, how can Mark Warburton do it differently? This is part of the deal as far as I'm concerned- we back Warburton; we take a longer term perspective; we support every player through this period; and any success in THE SHORT TERM is a bonus.

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He's been lucky that he took over a shambles which has gave him a good bit of leeway when things haven't been going well.

The honeymoon period is now over and any bad spells won't be excused by as many fans just because "it's better than Ally's team".

Ally would have been slaughtered with our away form and the amount of goals conceded in the last third of the season on here, added to that the humiliation in the cup.

Supporters at games/Tv can see the Problems still exist from last season,

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Warburtons priority should have been the defence it was poor last year and the weakest part of our team instead he's bought more midfielders than we need.

Second goal yesterday is a prime example. The Burnley player found so much space between our defence and midfield. The pass went right between Halliday and Barton and the player was able to turn. Nothing the defence can do at that point as they are turned chasing towards their own goal. 

9 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Second goal yesterday is a prime example. The Burnley player found so much space between our defence and midfield. The pass went right between Halliday and Barton and the player was able to turn. Nothing the defence can do at that point as they are turned chasing towards their own goal. 

They both sit too wide its Warburton's style as they cover tav and Wallace pushing up, you could drive a bus down our defence Kiernan would probably rush out and it would go past him, while Hill  bus pass in hand would be nowhere near it.

Barton tried to drop back in the backline to help out but against Quicker sides he's too slow, Yesterday should be a warning to us, but it seems it's not as Burnley(ffs) are now Barcelona and we should be in awe of them,

Some say we are Building something but you don't build a hoose on sand, 

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

They both sit too wide its Warburton's style as they cover tav and Wallace pushing up, you could drive a bus down our defence Kiernan would probably rush out and it would go past him, while Hill  bus pass in hand would be nowhere near it.

Barton tried to drop back in the backline to help out but against Quicker sides he's too slow, Yesterday should be a warning to us, but it seems it's not as Burnley(ffs) are now Barcelona and we should be in awe of them,

Some say we are Building something but you don't build a hoose on sand, 

The third goal is so basic too. The ball is punted by their left centre half. Hill goes in for the header and loses out. As soon as they see Hill going in, Kiernan and Wallace should've been covering but there was a massive gap between them. The ball was on the opposite side so Wallace wasn't even forward. Basic defensive errors.  

1 minute ago, Gandhi1872 said:

The third goal is so basic too. The ball is punted by their left centre half. Hill goes in for the header and loses out. As soon as they see Hill going in, Kiernan and Wallace should've been covering but there was a massive gap between them. The ball was on the opposite side so Wallace wasn't even forward. Basic defensive errors.  

They seem to look at each other rather than take responsibility for their own shortcomings. A season on and we are still talking about the same basic errors from the same players its not good enough.

I would blame Lee Wallace for their third goal. Lee committed to the challenge when he didn't need to do so; therefore he became the last man after that challenge and allowed the striker an open goal. He should have stood off a little, on his left of the immediate place he made the challenge from, and drawn the striker out wider. That challenge was naive; maybe he did it because he is not a natural CB, but if he is going to get into those defensive positions then he should know what to do better. It was a full-back's challenge, because it was a challenge to win the ball, but very rarely would a natural CB have made a challenge like that.