****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

Miller did a great job for us in the second half of last season but I haven't seen anything from him in the League Cup games to justify him keeping the jersey in the League and it's been more of the same today. 

O'Halloran has shown considerable potential in the run-outs he has had and I think it's time to trust him with a jersey.

I'm hoping Kranjcar is still short of fitness because he looks 2 or 3 yards off the pace.

I have thought all of preseason that this isn't our best team. Playing both Barton and Kranjcar means the tempo isn't there in the middle of the park. Miller also looks like he isn't going to cut it this season judging from so far.

This game is still easily winnable but a few changes definitely need to be made.

5 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

Finally a Ref that's giving us protection 

But according to Andy Walker he's being too card happy...

Ref missed penalty shout but is doing good in recognising the fouls made by them

I think if we don't come back from this it will show us a lot about how the season is probably going to turn out, and that's not very well.

A lot of our players look unfit - the trio from QPR I would include in that. I would be far more interested in seeing Rossiter on along with ohalloran.

Miller getting replaced with waghorn going central  and forrester supporting attack would do for me.

Like I've said in the Past I think Warburton has underestimated the premiership, it is shit, but not as shit as to allow folk like Hill to come up and boss opposition attacks.

If we do come  back, it changes everything. I don't see it though. The only thing that doesn't make me feel extremely depressed is that this is a work in progress.

29 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Well our response to that goal will tell us a fair bit IMO.

One of the best comments on the thread, it's perhaps a little cliche but winners over the course have to be able to win having gone down because there'll always be a few games that go against you in a season and points won there define a seasons success, if we do it tells you a lot more about our character/team that skooshing it 5-0. Having said that you hope for the 5-0 because going 1-0 down fucking ruins you as a fan.

Next goal is vital, should have had at least 1 pen

Bookings give our flair players the chance to drive at their backline  

A tarrier would try and get their booked players sent off, I'd sooner win against 11, if the ref clamps down like he did first half there's a good chance of a red or 2

MOH and Harry have the potential to make things happen now 

Nico,, not sharp enough yet, Halliday playing well, def improved since the new guys arrived, better movement, couple of deft touches 

5 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Nike, Barton have no pace and Miller is shite. Our main thing last year was a pacey midfield. Get Rossiter, Holt and either MOH or Dodoo on

Barton doesn't need pace, he's been the best player on the park by a mile.. and the cover he gives us at the back is vital.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Feels like we're still in 2nd gear.

Mr Warburtontime to right step up. Show us a reaction 

This sounds fucking stupid but our reaction here could shape our season

This is character building for the team they have to show they can under the pressure of full house come out and destroy these cunts 2nd half as with our defence it wil happen more than once unfortunately.

I wish folk would stop getting on the bandwagon saying miller is finished, I would wait a good few games until making that assumption.

It will take the older players longer than the younger players to get match fit and ready for the season.

Recovery is much longer in older players, you can even see that yourself as you get older and go to the gym. You will be sore longer which stunts progress.