Pre Season is Over, Down to Business

Well as title states, pre season is now complete and it's down to business next saturday. 

Warburton has a lot to think of in terms of what he needs, starting 11's etc but assuming nobody is signed before Accies and having seen all games apart from the charleston match I would be starting next Saturday with:

Wes- Time to prove your number 1

Tav, Wilson, Hill, Wallace

Barton Rossiter Windass

MOH Waghorn Mckay

Think Krancjar will be a great impact player coming on until fully fit.

Feel moh has earned a start ahead of Miller

The team above is how I see it but Halliday seems to be in favour. 

Chances of getting that team, not great. 

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Well as title states, pre season is now complete and it's down to business next saturday. 

Warburton has a lot to think of in terms of what he needs, starting 11's etc but assuming nobody is signed before Accies and having seen all games apart from the charleston match I would be starting next Saturday with:

Barton Rossiter Windass

MOH Waghorn Mckay

I would start MOH too.  TBH prob your starting 11.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

After Hill's performance today I don't think he should be near the first 11 at the weekend. 

Desperately need a big solid cetre half, preferably one that's a lot more mobile than Clint. The defence improved when Wilson came on and is indicative of Clint's performance. Burnley were way more fit than Rangers and it really showed in the opening half hour. If McParland knows some one suitable we should be pursuing him double quick. Mariappa may be waiting for us to go back to him with a better offer?

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Well considering the other options have been unfit, away in Germany or injured he should have been. He's also been favoured playing nearly every minute. The other options are all better players than him, in my view, I've not been impressed by him this season. We strolled past part time times and in the two tests Motherwell and Burnley he never delivered anywhere near a good enough performance.

It's a week to go until our first game and he looked our best midfielder by a mile today. I think he's earned a start next weekend, he certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.

3 hours ago, barcodebear said:

Desperately need a big solid cetre half, preferably one that's a lot more mobile than Clint. The defence improved when Wilson came on and is indicative of Clint's performance. Burnley were way more fit than Rangers and it really showed in the opening half hour. If McParland knows some one suitable we should be pursuing him double quick. Mariappa may be waiting for us to go back to him with a better offer?

It could just be at 3-0 up and cruising, they took their foot off the pedal and allowed us to play that made Wilson look good?. Both Wilson and Kiernan have looked suspect all last season, though Hill is not someone I would have signed, Kiernan looks to be the root of most of the errors whether its defending or passing the ball out of defence. You could have a point in Wilson but you would have to pair him with another, but with no money to spend we might not get anybody better than what is already here.

Wes

Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace

Rossiter

Barton , Halliday

O'Halloran , Waghorn, McKay

Windass (if fit ) in place of Rossiter with Joey dropping to CDM , with Nico coming on at 60 mins.  Think MW will start with Nico though .

Cannot wait.  Simply cannot wait.  We've been waiting a very long time to regain our rightful place.  Nothing but winning the league will do here.  We MUST win #55 now.  Winning our first year back will send a massive statement of intent for the next decade. (tu) 

8 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Well considering the other options have been unfit, away in Germany or injured he should have been. He's also been favoured playing nearly every minute. The other options are all better players than him, in my view, I've not been impressed by him this pre-season. We strolled past part time teams and in the two tests Motherwell and Burnley he never delivered anywhere near a good enough performance.

Not Mr Rangers's biggest fan, but I have to say he was far better than Nico, who looked flat & uninterested,while Barton came out 2nd best in way more challenges than he should have.

10 hours ago, BF2 said:

Halliday has been our best midfielder in pre-season.

That's hardly saying much though, is it? He hasn't stood out during a single game. Today was his 'best' game purely because everyone else was unfit. If he must start it should be purely until everyone else is fit then dropped to the bench. He isn't good enough to be a midfield starter in a team chasing the league. 

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

Not Mr Rangers's biggest fan, but I have to say he was far better than Nico, who looked flat & uninterested,while Barton came out 2nd best in way more challenges than he should have.

I really don't think Barton was as bad as some are making out. He was clearly unfit but he still showed what a defensive midfielder should be doing many enough today IMO. Rossiter should be starting next week in the DM position next week. Looks fitter and hungrier than anyone based on his performances. 

14 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Barton Rossiter Windass

MOH Waghorn Mckay

Barton and Rossiter share the same position. It's difficult, but Rossiter has to start ahead of Barton if we are to maximise his development and sell-on potential.

I agree with the rest of the line up. Rossiter, Windass and Halliday (or Forrester when he's up to speed).

15 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Barton Rossiter Windass

MOH Waghorn Mckay

Not convinced Barton and Rossiter will ever start together so Halliday for Rossiter and Kieran for Hill  for me. But with the depth in the squad there are real options - only prediction - double subs around 60min ! 

44 minutes ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

Barton and Rossiter share the same position. It's difficult, but Rossiter has to start ahead of Barton if we are to maximise his development and sell-on potential.

I agree with the rest of the line up. Rossiter, Windass and Halliday (or Forrester when he's up to speed).

One doesn't by a Barton to play as a stand in for any kid - no matter how good.