Pre Season is Over, Down to Business

5 hours ago, King Jela said:

I really don't think Barton was as bad as some are making out. He was clearly unfit but he still showed what a defensive midfielder should be doing many enough today IMO. Rossiter should be starting next week in the DM position next week. Looks fitter and hungrier than anyone based on his performances. 

Yes - a long way behind his ex-teammates in the fitness department, but his passing' good.

I too think Rossiter looks good & the rest becomes a matter of the correct blend - we seemed much more of a match for Burnley after the subs were made & a bit more pace got injected.

Too many players were slowing things down for the first hour.

17 hours ago, HG5 said:

Not Mr Rangers's biggest fan, but I have to say he was far better than Nico, who looked flat & uninterested,while Barton came out 2nd best in way more challenges than he should have.

I don't believe it was down to individual performances, Burnley were most likely playing a EPL test run for at least the first 60 minutes then they took their foot off the pedal, in contrast as a team we didn't know what we were doing, hence we were stuck in our own half most of the first half. They were solid in defence with tough marking in the midfield and quick through balls which our defence have never handled for the last year. In contrast our defence is a shambles, with the backs always caught out of position, our midfield never marked them and could only pass sideways and with a powderpuff attack the Burnley defence easily contained us.

The team as a whole and Warburton's tactics are questionable again, people talk of plan A, I didn't see any evidence of a plan A, B or C.

If it was upto do me I'd do something a bit radical and promote McCrorie the young center half from the under 20's ... he literally can't be any worse than our own 3 Efe Ambrose's ... if he's not upto it then fine, we will hopefully have signed someone by time we play Dundee.

My team would be

Fod

Tav McCrorie Wilson Wallace

Windass Barton Krancjer

McKay Miller Waghorn

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If it was upto do me I'd do something a bit radical and promote McCrorie the young center half from the under 20's ... he literally can't be any worse than our own 3 Efe Ambrose's ... if he's not upto it then fine, we will hopefully have signed someone by time we play Dundee.

My team would be

Fod

Tav McCrorie Wilson Wallace

Windass Barton Krancjer

McKay Miller Waghorn

I was thinking this very same thing this afternoon, there must be a lad desperate to impress throughout our youth that's worth what wouldn't be risk considering how awful our central defence is 

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

I don't believe it was down to individual performances, Burnley were most likely playing a EPL test run for at least the first 60 minutes then they took their foot off the pedal, in contrast as a team we didn't know what we were doing, hence we were stuck in our own half most of the first half. They were solid in defence with tough marking in the midfield and quick through balls which our defence have never handled for the last year. In contrast our defence is a shambles, with the backs always caught out of position, our midfield never marked them and could only pass sideways and with a powderpuff attack the Burnley defence easily contained us.

The team as a whole and Warburton's tactics are questionable again, people talk of plan A, I didn't see any evidence of a plan A, B or C.

I see where you're coming from.

A case of them doing to us what we've done to a lot of others.

With us not handling it too well when it was coming at us.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

I see where you're coming from.

A case of them doing to us what we've done to a lot of others.

With us not handling it too well when it was coming at us.

I wonder if Warburton asked their manager to play like it was an away game in the EPL, to really test us and show Warburton what he has actually got in his team, in the pre-match interview he said Burnley would be full on for about 70 minutes then let off, exactly what they did do. Maybe Warburton isn't as daft as most of us perceive him to be.

Think against the hamiltons we will look as fit as a butchers dog. Burnley showed us the difference of teams bobbing about the bottom of the EPL and top of the Championship. These teams are almost certain to pocket around £70 million each season. They never gave us time to settle and the penalty???? had us up against it after 3 minutes. Andre Gray was one of MW's finds and looked the part. Me personally have the patience to wait till we get started. :uk: 

Just now, Thermopylae said:

I've lost count of the amount of times that good pre-season results have been followed by a poor start to the season and visa versa ... it has always been always been about the Accies game and getting off to a winning start

This. 

I for one am glad the Burnley result happened when it did. It should ground a few people both inside and outside the club as to where we are and where we need to be. 

If MW let them know (as it looks like he did after the game) that wasn't good enough, we should hopefully get the right reaction this weekend when it matters. 

4 minutes ago, JR said:

This. 

I for one am glad the Burnley result happened when it did. It should ground a few people both inside and outside the club as to where we are and where we need to be. 

If MW let them know (as it looks like he did after the game) that wasn't good enough, we should hopefully get the right reaction this weekend when it matters. 

Exactly, the last thing you want is a team patting themselves on the back before the season is even begun 

Up to and including the Semi win I was very optimistic about this season, but since then it really hasn't been the most promising to say the least.

We need a viable defensive unit which will be consistent, but I'm not sure we have it at the moment we can't be scrambling signing later on in the month if the shit hits the proverbial.