So what did that friendly tell you?

KeyserSoze

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

So are you saying that weir has no imput in what goes on and quite happily goes along with what is jokingly called a Rangers defence???

Im saying that without evidence to the contrary Weir does what most assistant managers do - he is the eyes, ears and mouthpiece of the manager.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the game but going by the posts so far hardly a surprise that the defence is being mentioned in nigh on every post.

MW and the board need to get the finger out and get an out and out goal scorer and a centre half.

What did this game tell me ?

Burnley are a good footballing team and very likely to do well in EPL, although not win it.

We still need to continue building, especially central defence.

Our passing game is good enough to beat what's in front of us in Scotland.

MW appears to prefer quite a few "favourites" in his !st team selections.

I would play MOH in more games.

Barton, Rossiter, Kranjcar (when fully fit), look good buys.

Hill is over the hill. Came from Queens Park Rangers - Good enough for Queens Park, but not good enough for Rangers

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I would say Miller bust his gut last 2 months of last season .He was one of our best players .He is older now and his body may take some time to get going for the season after the Summer break .

Every confidence in him 

Miller works had and deserves all the praise for that.  He just lacks in quality.  His first touch is woeful, as is his passing, and he's never been prolific other than that second spell with us.

16 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Didn't see the game but going by the posts so far hardly a surprise that the defence is being mentioned in nigh on every post.

MW and the board need to get the finger out and get an out and out goal scorer and a centre half.

They don't exactly grow on trees for the kind of money we'd be looking to spend. It's all very well saying we need this and we need that but actually securing them is the hard part. Because if it was easy, the management team would've done it already! :) 

Defence is still shocking, there's absolutely no communication there what so ever. Midfield and attack is so slow and unimaginative against teams that sit back. Basically, based on today, we've learned fuck all from last season and that is scary. 

I thought Halliday played relatively well but still looked lost at times, I'd drop him for next week but that's where he should be playing when ever he does actually play. McKay looked as if he was the only one that was going to create something without really doing anything.

On the positive side, if this even is a positive, Burnley are streets ahead of anything we'll actually face this season. 

It didn't tell me a lot that we didn't know already and I am positive it didn't tell Mark Warburton anything new either. Mark Warburton outlined during the week he would select a team that would play for roughly 60 minutes, then he would make 6 outfield changes for the remainder of the game; These selections would be dependent on the required loading of each individual to get them up to the required level for the opening game against Hamilton next Saturday, so obviously getting the players fitter was more important than the result to him.

We all know we need a better central defender (or two) but that is easier said than done these days. Quality means cost for an experienced and better player and it certainly looks as if we are shopping at the Barra's as opposed to browsing around in Harrods, which is why we bought Hill. Even if King and co. opened the wallet it would take a bit of coaxing to get one to play in Scotland with what we could pay him compared to what he could get even with a mid table English championship side.....We can only hope McParland can come up with a gem.

Our midfield should be fine, especially when (if) Kranjcar gets fully fit, Barton gets up to speed, Crooks and Windass  get fit and Rossiter surely will be an important player for us.

Up front we have a raft of options to use and surely to fuck we have enough firepower up there to score freely against SPL teams.

As I said; Not much we didn't know to begin with, but the need for a fast quality defender looks more important going by what I saw tonight. :pipe:

Sliced through the middle far too easily. If we're going to persevere with that defence, we need more bite in midfield. Rositter, Halliday and Barton starting should help us cut out those through balls that killed us today...we gave Burnley far too much time in there to lift their heads and hurt us.   

It tells me, going by the Andre Gray performance,  that we have a manager with an eye for a player and the contacts to get them signed which in the long term must bode well for the club.  Makes the signing of Windas, Crooks, Rossiter and Dodoo all the more exciting.

just back what that pish told me is we are miles away from where we need to be in terms of European football. King will need to get his wallet out if we are to make any impression at a meaningful level over the next few years. Men v boys at times today

35 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Burnley will get relegated 

Based on them humping us? They never got out 2nd gear today but still looked quicker, more organised and deadly. I hope they do well next season. 

Enjoyed it when they started the 'we hate Celtic' chant :D 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Based on them humping us? They never got out 2nd gear today but still looked quicker, more organised and deadly. I hope they do well next season. 

Enjoyed it when they started the 'we hate Celtic' chant :D 

Nah I had them to get relegated ages ago, I only said it because people are saying they'll do very well etc.

I also enjoyed said chant 

15 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

It told us nae ifs, buts or mibbees that a real centre hauf is needed pronto, it also told us dont gie this scumbag money !:sherlock:

PONCE3535.jpg

Why would anycunt give a piper money anyway - like everything else these days they've been hijacked 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why won't Tav pass to MOH? does he go in a huff when his pal Waggy is subbed?

seen this loads btw

Last season,a few games was exactly same scenario-looks like Tav  ignores MOH, while he's on clear position to run and pass a ball to the box.