Inherent flaw?

ronniemca

Just noticed our under 19's results in South Africa.the boys seemed to have performed well and pleased the coaches.however despite scoring 5 goals in our 2 matches we have conceded 7 and lost both games.dont know much about the personnel in our youth team but we play the same formation and style throughout the club .could it be the MW system is just too much of a lottery and needs to be a bit more pragmatic

whats was the rangers team players current age? MW is on record as saying he wants younger players playing at that level. If thats the case, then a 16 year old will struggle to match an 18 year old physically.

the results then would make sense - we can play football, but struggle physically  - especially at the back.

The flaw might lie with the personnel in defence as opposed to the system itself. We seem to have our best players up the park and settle for what we've got in defence. Maybe our mistake might be under-budgeting in defence. As the previous poster says, time will tell, but I'm hoping MW springs for a quality CB before the window slams shut.

Just now, cushynumber said:

whats was th rangers team players current age? MW is on record as saying he wants younger players playing at that level. If thats the case, then a 16 year old will struggle to match an 18 year old physically.

the results then would make sense - we can play football, but struggle physically  - especially at the back.

I totally agree with his logic on this subject he's used Southampton and Spurs as examples of this method bringing through great talent.

it would be nice for the boys to win most games but these results mean nothing.

10 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I wonder what Walter thinks because he really was more of a traditional build from the back back 

He will be thinking the defence is rotten the same way he did when he took over from PLG and fixed that.

Warburton may not be getting his first picks for whatever reason as i can't imagine Hill would have topped his Transfer list.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

He will be thinking the defence is rotten the same way he did when he took over from PLG and fixed that.

Warburton may not be getting his first picks for whatever reason as i can't imagine Hill would have topped his Transfer list.

It is a slight worry although fortunately we won't be playing any other decent teams this season 

Don't agree with people saying results aren't important - it's vital for youngsters to be competitive and develop a winning mentality at this age.

The players just don't seem to be there for us at the moment. I'm looking mostly towards the 16's and 17's who seem to be competing better (from the little I hear about)

Celtic have been utterly dominant in the U20's/U19's for years now. The 2/3 times I watched them play us at that level last season they have a strong, physical side that can defend and also have the cutting edge to score.

I don't know what the answer is but I don't like seeing our reserves/U20's finish mid-table and take pumpings galore. We should be aiming higher for them.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't agree with people saying results aren't important - it's vital for youngsters to be competitive and develop a winning mentality at this age.

The players just don't seem to be there for us at the moment. I'm looking mostly towards the 16's and 17's who seem to be competing better (from the little I hear about)

Celtic have been utterly dominant in the U20's/U19's for years now. The 2/3 times I watched them play us at that level last season they have a strong, physical side that can defend and also have the cutting edge to score.

I don't know what the answer is but I don't like seeing our reserves/U20's finish mid-table and take pumpings galore. We should be aiming higher for them.

We need to get back to a hunger right through the club from top to bottom 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It has to come from the manager down when we hear stuff like the League Cup not important or came to early for us it sends out the wrong message. At Rangers, we should be looking to win everything we enter.

A winning mentality at all levels is important there should be no second best at Rangers.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

It has to come from the manager down when we hear stuff like the League Cup not important or came to early for us it sends out the wrong message. At Rangers, we should be looking to win everything we enter.

A winning mentality at all levels is important there should be no second best at Rangers.

That is the Rangers way 

3 under 19s on our team.  Brazilian international experience in theirs.

Clearly was too big a hurdle in the end, but what great experience and development for these young lads. 

Most will be available again next season so have time on our side.

To me this is likelier the main factor rather than the system at this age level.

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

whats was the rangers team players current age? MW is on record as saying he wants younger players playing at that level. If thats the case, then a 16 year old will struggle to match an 18 year old physically.

I may be wrong here but I believe we are trialling "bio-banding" this year where kids are matched more on physical capability than birth year. Elfideldo might know a bit more.

We played with only 3 players from the u19s. Rest were u17s.. We also played against Fluminese, which included Brazilian internationals, and the South African national team. By all accounts we are unlucky not to sit on 4 points just now. This is a well thought out system/method which will raise the standard of our youths so they are ready for first team football at a much earlier age, which is the point of our Academy. We should be patient.. We have the right people in charge!