Rumours that the new kit will be on sale on Thursday

This week is all about us as the fans, a great week for us, the first of many and fucking well deserved. Ā It's not my place to tell any one what they can and can't be debating however its a shame to see this type of pish dividing us Ā - Nothing but a celebration of all things good about the famous for me this weekĀ :21:

CLUB STATEMENT

SINCE terminating the IP Licence and Rights Agreement with Rangers Retail Limited, the Club has made its best efforts to engage with PUMA on an agreed way forward without the involvement of Sports Direct for the manufacture of replica kits and other merchandise to supporters.

During discussions it emerged that PUMA had manufactured some replica kit after receiving purchase orders directly from Sports Direct and without the prior knowledge or agreement of the Club and its directors on the Rangers Retail Limited board, Paul Murray and David King. Despite requests to Sports Direct and PUMA we have not been able to ascertain full details of this arrangement or to reconcile it with the commercial contracts that were in place between the Club and Rangers Retail Limited.

The Club has not been party to discussions on the launch of kit sales by PUMA this week. We were first notified of their intentions after close of business on Friday last week.

We are surprised and disappointed by the lack of consultation with the Club and/or supporters groups prior to the launch.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-62/Ā Club statement regarding the new kit. Is it just me who thinks it's vague as fuck?

Why do they think Puma would consult with fan's groups? Afraid sos will turn up in Bavaria with a bed-sheet and some crayons?

4 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

SINCE terminating the IP Licence and Rights Agreement with Rangers Retail Limited, the Club has made its best efforts to engage with PUMA on an agreed way forward without the involvement of Sports Direct for the manufacture of replica kits and other merchandise to supporters.

During discussions it emerged that PUMA had manufactured some replica kit after receiving purchase orders directly from Sports Direct and without the prior knowledge or agreement of the Club and its directors on the Rangers Retail Limited board, Paul Murray and David King. Despite requests to Sports Direct and PUMA we have not been able to ascertain full details of this arrangement or to reconcile it with the commercial contracts that were in place between the Club and Rangers Retail Limited.

The Club has not been party to discussions on the launch of kit sales by PUMA this week. We were first notified of their intentions after close of business on Friday last week.

We are surprised and disappointed by the lack of consultation with the Club and/or supporters groups prior to the launch.

Ā 

Does that mean the club are now going to take on Puma.?

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-62/Ā Club statement regarding the new kit. Is it just me who thinks it's vague as fuck?

Presumably because it has to be to avoid legal issues? Maybe a veiled 'don't buy them' statement.

Think I'll hold off on buying one for now.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Presumably because it has to be to avoid legal issues? Maybe a veiled 'don't buy them' statement.

Think I'll hold off on buying one for now.

I understand the legal issues but I'd rather they were more obviousĀ with whether buying the kits benefits the club enough to warrant it.

So the Club are being shafted by Sports Direct, no real surprise there then.

I guess it`s about to go to court, at least hopefully this will lead to the confidentiality agreement getting torn up.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I understand the legal issues but I'd rather they were more obviousĀ with whether buying the kits benefits the club enough to warrant it.

Yeah, but the legal, contractual issues probably mean that they're not allowed to say it in so many words, that they're not able to be more obvious.

I was fully planning on going out on Friday after work and getting the home top for the first game on Saturday, but after reading that statement there's no way I could do it now, not when the club have basically said they don't agree with it being on sale with the current agreement.Ā 

Hope it gets sorted soon, the 3 tops are belters and that grey and blue training jacket is a fucking topper.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We are to busy hating each other toĀ 

Ā 

I won't be buying one either. The situation is a legal minefield for the Club.Ā 

It's all down to fat Ashley and Green stitching us up. Some seem to ignoreĀ that and blame the board instead.Ā 

I don't mind people buying if that's the choice they make, but I'd hope people don't do it because of some generic Board displeasure. As someone else said, judge each thing on it's merits. On this I'm willing to interpret that we mightĀ well be compromising the club's position in any ongoing shenanigans, asĀ they've certainly implied that we shouldn't buy yet.Ā I'm willing to go with that just nowĀ as they know far more about saidĀ shenanigans than I do.

Can the club sort this situation out, its not good that the fans cant wear the current club colours as we have done for many years, when i was on holiday the other week lots of septic colours going about and not a Gers top to be seen, its not good that a club of our size and stature are reduced to this. please get it sorted asap!

Ā