Rumours that the new kit will be on sale on Thursday

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah that makes sense mate but regardless of what we own, even if it was only 1% of it, when the contract with Puma was signed it would have been to release the strips with official trademarks on them - regardless of who owns what percentage of the trademarks, the deal is there contractually for them to use them while they are our strip manufacturer. That's why I don't get Rangers thinking they are justified in their legal injunction? as I sais previously I'm no doubt missing something here.

I think Pumas deal would have been with Rangers Retail. Rangers Retail have had their trademarks revoked, so im guessing the plan is to try and push Rangers Retail into a tricky position of being on the hook for not being able to fulfil their agreement with Puma and therefor be liable.

This would potentially kill Rangers Retail.

If Rangers Retail die, the deal with them dies and we are free from Ashley's clutches and the 7 year notice period.

Thats my take on it anyway.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think Pumas deal would have been with Rangers Retail. Rangers Retail have had their trademarks revoked, so im guessing the plan is to try and push Rangers Retail into a tricky position of being on the hook for not being able to fulfil their agreement with Puma and therefor be liable.

This would potentially kill Rangers Retail.

If Rangers Retail die, the deal with them dies and we are free from Ashley's clutches and the 7 year notice period.

Thats my take on it anyway.

aye that's what's likely to happen

back to normality and we will no doubt be taken to court, found in breach and fucked over for money we don't have

if the contract was so tight that we couldn't extricate ourselves from it fucking ignoring it is likely to be the path to nirvana, not

4 minutes ago, TeamOfDavieWeirs said:

can we buy retro shirts from the megastore?

I was also wondering who gets the money for retro tops off the website, this site has our strip for sale but don't know if it's a genuine websit.  https://www.unisportstore.com/football-shirts/rangers-fc-home-shirt-201617/148073/

1 minute ago, thehost said:

aye that's what's likely to happen

back to normality and we will no doubt be taken to court, found in breach and fucked over for money we don't have

if the contract was so tight that we couldn't extricate ourselves from it fucking ignoring it is likely to be the path to nirvana

We didnt extricate ourselves from the contract though. We just withdrew their IP.

Its up to Rangers Retail to sue us to get it back. Isnt it us that have 50%+1 of the operational decisions? So dont we have to decide to sue ourselves?

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How do they need our permission if they already have a contract to manufactuer our strips?

When we paid fat lad back his 5m loan we got our IP rights back & then basically pulled their right to use it. Sports Direct have clearly bawsed up the contract, after seeing their legal teams performances in court against us, King and the SFA i`m not entirely surprised tbh.

Its left puma and SD down on their production costs and forced their hand somewhat to try and recoup their outlay, i`m thinking this is exactly what the Clubs legal team were waiting for ;)

2 minutes ago, calio said:

When we paid fat lad back his 5m loan we got our IP rights back & then basically pulled their right to use it. Sports Direct have clearly bawsed up the contract, after seeing their legal teams performances in court against us, King and the SFA i`m not entirely surprised tbh.

Its left puma and SD down on their production costs and forced their hand somewhat to try and recoup their outlay, i`m thinking this is exactly what the Clubs legal team were waiting for ;)

OK, so legally we were able to withdraw the use of our official trademarks so Puma couldn't release our strips regardless of what their contract was before? that's pretty big news then. Maybe I should start paying more attention to the boardroom section.

One thing I will say, though, is that every legal battle Rangers have entered with Sports Direct/Ashley/a few others I think we've won so we've a pretty good record. Proof will be in the pudding if we are in the right or wrong.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

OK, so legally we were able to withdraw the use of our official trademarks so Puma couldn't release our strips regardless of what their contract was before? that's pretty big news then. Maybe I should start paying more attention to the boardroom section.

One thing I will say, though, is that every legal battle Rangers have entered with Sports Direct/Ashley/a few others I think we've won so we've a pretty good record. Proof will be in the pudding if we are in the right or wrong.

To be honest mate, our opinion is just that. Opinion.

Might be completely wrong.

Would make sense in my eyes though. Find a way to fuck up Rangers Retail and force it to die. That way our rights come back to us.

Will no doubt end up in court, but hopefully we win.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yeah mate, I really doubt we`d be taking Puma and SD on if it wasn't a battle we think we will win. Also as MM says Puma & SD`s contracts are with rangers retail(Ashleys proxy company) anyway, so he`d end up essentially suing the company he uses to fleece our Club of the retail income.

Things should get interesting over the next week or so.

On 2 August 2016 at 4:43 PM, Junior Soprano said:

Rumour by @forzapapac on Twitter. Don't know if it's the same guy that on here or not. 

But the guy on Twitter is normally quite good.

As long as it's not Neil Doncaster or Regan for that matter Dumbcaster is being allowed in somehow been in Ibrox twice last season last home game and Bartons first game nobody batted a fkn eyelid. Never Forgive or Forget. 

1 hour ago, jim white's a bear said:

Do you think the board are sitting on this because a) they can't be arsed or b) they intentionally don't want to sell shirts? 

We're stuck in what seems a ridiculous deal with Sports Direct, even though the board can't actually say this because of SD's injunctions etc. Reading between the lines, it appears the club are seeking to resolve the issue with the only means they have.

No of course i dont think they are but, this needs fixing its a crazy situation and frustrating for our support, its cutting off much needed revenue to the club and not just through shirt sales as huge numbers of our support boycott the Rangers shop. 

to think, if certain folk hadn't just sat by and watched fraudsters take control of the club when this shit was going down, this wouldn't be happening today, certain groups where to busy whipping their members into a frenzy over boycotting other clubs that done us wrong.

i suppose its easy saying that now when looking back at things