Rumours that the new kit will be on sale on Thursday

3 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Fairly sure it is 3% which equates to no influence but he is one of their biggest customers via SD that will create bigger influence that any 3% share holding.

Even though it's only 3% , if it equates to £187 million , that talks plenty too 

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The board and fans need to work together or the fight for a better retail deal will be pointless.  The board are fighting Rangers corner and it's a shame some fans want to undermine that by buying this strip.  

This !!!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me from the Board statement that Puma's actions will mean that when the contract with Puma expires then that ends any prospect of Puma ever providing Rangers strips again (or at least for a very long time).  Board will want a supplier that deals honourably and openly with them and not a supplier that refuses to engage in meaningful dialogue.  

So - seems to be the case that if replicas are bought Puma gets some of your money, SD and other retail distributors get some of your money,  Rangers get a very small amount of your money.   Question is - would your money serve the Club better by buying raffle tickets, programmes etc where a lot more of the money goes into the Club?   If so then its a straight choice as it always has been since this SD saga kicked off - don't give your money to SD and give it direct to Rangers or give it to SD and a fraction of it goes to Rangers.  

As for me - i'll stick with an old top and am not buying anything that fundamentally benefits SD and Puma at the expense of a fair and reasonable amount going to Rangers.   Its as straightforward as that for me.

Will there be a list of honourable suppliers when honour may only be returned selectively and vision selective for those who have a nice wee sideline on the barrow flogging hooky gear. 

46 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me from the Board statement that Puma's actions will mean that when the contract with Puma expires then that ends any prospect of Puma ever providing Rangers strips again (or at least for a very long time).  Board will want a supplier that deals honourably and openly with them and not a supplier that refuses to engage in meaningful dialogue.  

So - seems to be the case that if replicas are bought Puma gets some of your money, SD and other retail distributors get some of your money,  Rangers get a very small amount of your money.   Question is - would your money serve the Club better by buying raffle tickets, programmes etc where a lot more of the money goes into the Club?   If so then its a straight choice as it always has been since this SD saga kicked off - don't give your money to SD and give it direct to Rangers or give it to SD and a fraction of it goes to Rangers.  

As for me - i'll stick with an old top and am not buying anything that fundamentally benefits SD and Puma at the expense of a fair and reasonable amount going to Rangers.   Its as straightforward as that for me.

What a great idea. Get the cash straight to the club via other avenues. Cut out all these middle men and fans groups.

I've always said this is the way forward - cash straight to club.

2 hours ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Being practical here...

Board are obviously doing this for a reason - Reason being a better deal for Rangers.

Not buying strips is difficult especially for bears with kids etc.

Always going to be a disagreement but my stance is hold off giving the fat c*nt anything.

Glad they let you in on the secret, the rest of were not updated on the plan.   It's a supposition as of now and the paying punter is always the loser. 

If you buy it you're fuc*ING Rangers so I suppose you are correct sir about "fuc* ANYBODY  else " , though thankfully and DEFINITELY  a minority and flawed view. Ibrox noise poll has only 6% of around 3000 bears willing to  buy a top unconditionaly so thankfully the club's message has sunk in with the VAST majority .

23 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

If you buy it you're fuc*ING Rangers so I suppose you are correct sir about "fuc* ANYBODY  else " , though thankfully and DEFINITELY  a minority and flawed view. Ibrox noise poll has only 6% of around 3000 bears willing to  buy a top unconditionaly so thankfully the club's message has sunk in with the VAST majority .

*the vast majority of the Ibrox noise poll, you mean.

I've also not seen anything on the Rangers statement that tells the fans not to buy the strips. Maybe that's intentional as it would weaken their hand in any court proceedings.

To be fair to your point social media is awash with lunatics on they Rangers pages saying the same thing so there is some sort of general opinion on it.

I think we will still sell plenty of new tops though. Whether it's right or wrong - not even my place to say as I wouldn't even give the club the "reported" £1.47 per top that the fans groups are saying the mood I'm in with the club at the moment and a couple of weeks ago I'd have been happy to buy the new strip because it's stunning.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair to your point social media is awash with lunatics on social media on they Rangers pages saying the same thing so there is some sort of general opinion on it.

I think we will still sell plenty of new tops though. Whether it's right or wrong - not even my place to say as I wouldn't even give the club the "reported" £1.47 per top that the fans groups are saying the mood I'm in with the club at the moment and a couple of weeks ago I'd have been happy to buy the new strip because it's stunning.

Due to the treatment of fans being banned?

It's certainly a massive own goal by the board. Thought they had done a decent job until then.

Just now, Dazzler said:

Due to the treatment of fans being banned?

It's certainly a massive own goal by the board. Thought they had done a decent job until then.

Yes mate. Personally feel like never handing over another penny to anyone connected with this club of ours currently. It will probably pass. We are bigger than that overall but I'll never forgive the pricks in charge, that much I promise.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've also not seen anything on the Rangers statement that tells the fans not to buy the strips. Maybe that's intentional as it would weaken their hand in any court proceedings.

To be fair to your point social media is awash with lunatics on they Rangers pages saying the same thing so there is some sort of general opinion on it.

Pedantic.

42,000 season tickets sold and we can't buy a decent CB

Don't think it matters a fuck how much the club get off of each top tbf, doesn't look like it will be invested in the team.

I'm startin to sound like some posters I used to hate reading. 

My optimism is turning to pessimism now

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

42,000 season tickets sold and we can't buy a decent CB

Don't think it matters a fuck how much the club get off of each top tbf, doesn't look like it will be invested in the team.

I'm startin to sound like some posters I used to hate reading. 

My optimism is turning to pessimism now

Won't be investing in the team? Barton, Rossiter, Crooks, Windass, Dodoo, MOH, Kranjcar...........

CB may or may not be signed, but that hardly means there has been no investment in the team.