Rumours that the new kit will be on sale on Thursday

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but I don't understand how people can starve the club of much needed funds, simply as some way of spiting Ashley (when in fact he won't lose a wink of sleep over it).

Surely anything profiting the club is better than nothing...

What makes me laugh is we have fans buying fakes from amazon, surely a couple of quid is better than a lot of quids to a chinese guy

4 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

What makes me laugh is we have fans buying fakes from amazon, surely a couple of quid is better than a lot of quids to a chinese guy

How's about not buying either?

The issue is not just about the pennies we get

it's also about the ££££'s that the fat rat who despises us and our club gets, you ok with that?

had a look online and it is not on either Greaves or DW Sports websites, SD website is showing it on their front page but then takes you to the Rangers section and the tops not their. The club must have sorted it so the top isn't released  

27 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Last years accounts showed that we received £2.60 (before tax, approx £1.50 after) from each £10 spent on merchandise.

No matter how certain individuals spin it, it generates more for the club than the 'alternate' merchandise does.

Id rather that the club got somthing than run around wearing a knock off ac milan top

29 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Last years accounts showed that we received £2.60 (before tax, approx £1.50 after) from each £10 spent on merchandise.

No matter how certain individuals spin it, it generates more for the club than the 'alternate' merchandise does.

I don't think anyone should go for alternate merchandise. 

It's also clear that Rangers don't want fans to buy replica kit for a reason (probably to strengthen our side against Ashley). If you buy it, it's not to support the club, it's for selfish reasons. 

39 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

double post 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I don't think anyone should go for alternate merchandise. 

It's also clear that Rangers don't want fans to buy replica kit for a reason (probably to strengthen our side against Ashley). If you buy it, it's not to support the club, it's for selfish reasons. 

Nonsense.

53 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Not really, it's about weakening Ashley's position. 

If getting a few quid from each shirt was of benefit to the club, then that message would be put across directly from the club or through their other mouthpieces. 

Again, it's for selfish reasons that people are buying kit. 

5 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Some werent u not seen the one that looks like a blue croatia top lol

:lol: my workmates big sisters man bought one from a guy in Paisley that said it was the away top for £30, it was still royal blue the daft cunt didn't even think why would the away top be the same colour as the home top :lol:

30 quid for a blue chequered fake home/away tap lol

Buying the kits under the current circumstances will make the club some money, agreed. 

However it's short term gain - long term loss. 

The deal we are currently signed to is shockingly bad and one sided in favour of a so called partner who exploited the club when it  needed help the most. 

The current custodians of our club have been trying to negotiate a better deal in the best interests of Rangers. Seeing as the deal is legally tied up their only real bargaining tool was the fans backing them up and not buying merchandise. 

If the fans ( as is their own free choice ) decide to purchase merchandise then the board will have no realistic chance of success. 

The board have much more details and knowledge on the matter than what we have and I for one fully support their stance on this matter. 

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

:lol: my workmates big sisters man bought one from a guy in Paisley that said it was the away top for £30, it was still royal blue the daft cunt didn't even think why would the away top be the same colour as the home top :lol:

30 quid for a blue chequered fake home/away tap lol

Did he buy it for his dads brothers, dogs pet hamster?