Do you think we will win the league  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will win the league

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so but really don't know. Should have put a don't know option. Mind when Hearts dropped down and everyone was confident in romping away with the league then look what happened. Like most say if we tighten up at the back then we are in with a great shout. 

Looks like a consensus.... Everyone knows the improvements we need to make.  If we can see it, Warbs must have a plan to address it.  The Rangers never plan on finishing second -- it just isn't good enough.  SDOW must have made that known to MW last year.  So.. I trust that the glaring issues will be sorted (tu)

I don't think we will win it. It's possible we will win it, but it will be very difficult. We have young players in the side combined with other more experienced players who haven't won things on a regular basis- those two factors will hold a question mark on how consistent we can be. Possibly for the first time there are Rangers players right through our squad who haven't regularly won championships and trophies with regularity. Much of it will depend on how consistent we are, and how we ride a bad spell. We are contenders though, and we will be up there challenging.

If we manage to get a quick no nonsense central defender in to steady the spine of our team then I see no reason why we can't win it.

My reasons are that although the scum have a far bigger squad than us, it will actually be a liability because there are going to be a lot of unhappy players in that squad unless Rodgers rotates his players extensively, which will in turn prevent continuity over a season, whereas we will be able to rotate while keeping a core settled side.

We also have far better players man for man than any other team in Scotland; with only Roberts, Toure, Tierney, Sviatchenko, and possibly Griffiths capable of matching what we have at our disposal.

Of course, if we don't hit the ground running and players such as Dodoo, Crooks, Windass, Rossiter don't gel quickly, my prediction could be made to look stupid, but I'm confident we can do it.

With the defence we have atm? No, and that won't change until we recruit a pacey CB who can actually read the game(good luck with that with the budget we have). With a better CB pairing I believe we would romp this league. The reality of it is we are going to have too many games where we just can't break down the 10 man defences and end up conceding sloppy goals from comical defending, set pieces or cross balls into the box. I'm actually amazed that certain people still brush off the defensive problems we have despite watching the same comical shit show week in week out. MW is a fantastic up and coming manager with a lot still to learn but some on here have him walking on water. Yes I am grateful for the style of football we have and the professional way he goes about his business but defending is his achilies heel. 

I've said no (but I always hope for better)

While we have dramatically improved the quality of  or squad over last season (the numbers are fairly static) I'm just not sure that our consistency will be there over a full 36 game season.

Of course, I'll be delighted to be proven wrong,

I think that defensively, we are still weak & we are still profligate in front of goal ... those 2 situations will ultimately, kill our title chances (unless of course we strengthen over the next few weeks !)

I don't see why we can't win it. (Of course, I'm of the belief we need a quality defender in asap to absolutely shore everything up at the back though!)

We've added quality to a squad that thrashed Dundee, beat Killie and outplayed the tims a fucker.

In said games, we were short of key players too like Waggy for example, Forrester for the tims etc, and had to use the likes of Clark, Law and Shiels instead.

Now imagine this year, a full, fit, healthy squad with the likes of Windass, Rossiter, Barton, Niko and MoH instead!

55 will happen this year and it will be one of the sweetest fucking title wins we've won (tu)

Its very hard  to say. If the question was do you think we can win it it's an easy yes. 

As for will we, i really really dont know. 

On one hand, if we start quick and win our games at Ibrox against them it'll go to the wire minimum. But the problems we've had since day 1 have not been addressed and here we are 3 days out from the start of the campaign. My worry is that Mark Warburton simply isnt the same student of the defensive game  as he is the possession and attack game. It's literally an afterthought with this team. Sure, we beat Dundee and Celtic - we done that because we clicked on the day and passed them off the park. What happens when it doesn't quite click? See Burnley, St. Johnstone, Falkirk away x2. Our other problem is a simple lack of ruthlessness. Lets face it, we were better than Celtic on the day of the semi - but after the first half we barely made their defense work. Watch that game back from highlights only and it suggests they were the better side. I genuinely don't think we will roll over teams or score the goals we did last season. After the first round of fixtures and when the freshness and unpredictability of our side wore off and teams began adapting we slowed down. I think we're a 2-0 team now. That in itself is fine, Mourinho has made a career of it, but his teams arent possession teams. It will not work for us as a 2-0 team as in terms of personnel and tactics we are far from good enough defensively.  Barton really needs to bring it this season, Tav and Wallace need to improve and we need a first choice, title level centre back or i feel we will slip to many times over 38 games to win it. 

It pains me to verbalize that for the first time, but we absolutely can. Its clear what needs to be done, thers just to many variables for me though that suggests we wont. 

Can't see us winning the league tbh, the nappy rippers have a half decent manager and will prob make a few more crucial signings and we are still fragil at the back. Maybe if we get the CB positions sorted then we will push for 1st but I genuinely think we will struggle to get 2nd.

1 hour ago, Bossorange said:

Regardless of how we played under Walter, we won. 

Not it so much with mccoist. 

Yes we will win it and puzzled as to why any supporter would think different.What would the reaction be from these guys who don't think the team can win if a player/s or member of the management came out a nd said " I'm doubtful we can win it " these same guys would be wanting the offenders fucked off out the door. Lets hope that no scrum supporters are reading posts on here with Rangers supporters thinking they can't win the league before a balls even kicked.