Do you think we will win the league

Smile

Do you think we will win the league  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will win the league

I don't see us having the consistency to it over the full season at the minute. My main worry is, although we play by the far the best football in the country, we are sometimes almost Arsenal-esque in that we don't have plan B and can be vulnerable from set plays, which in turn will cost us silly points.

Will be delighted when I'm proven to know the square root of fuck all and we have it wrapped up by Easter. :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You think the scums squad is better?

I'm not going to do man for man comparisons but there's only three players that would make our team and that's only because our CB options are so poor. 

Give me Halliday, MOH, Holt, Rossiter, Hodson, Miller over the likes of Ambrose, Janko, McGregor, Forrest, Dembele Armstrong etc. 

As much as i hate him the thumb can put the ball away and that long haired cunting defender who scored against us at Hampden id have any day of the week..

Listen im all for bravado but sometimes you only kid yourself.

i think the squad has huge potential. The strength and depth we have is better than we've had in a long time, and some of the signings Warbs has pulled off has been brilliant. I'm confident that we're going to be real contenders this year, I think we'll catch the tims sleeping. 

I do believe our success will hinge on strengthening the defence though. Far too vulnerable at the back especially with set peices, and my nerves go to shit if we get caught on the break. 

I've got tremendous faith in MW and his magic hat too :pipe:

Yes i believe we can win the league, the other teams have failed to capatalise on our absence from top flight football, septic have been dreadful in europe and there was total panic last season from them that the sheep would pip the title.i dont think they have really added any quality to their squad compared to last season so i think 55 is in the bag 

4 minutes ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

Yes i believe we can win the league, the other teams have failed to capatalise on our absence from top flight football, septic have been dreadful in europe and there was total panic last season from them that the sheep would pip the title.i dont think they have really added any quality to their squad compared to last season so i think 55 is in the bag 

Totally agree that other clubs haven't capitalised on our absence. Septic have spent 4 years doing just enough and the sheep shit the bed twice

I know there's a lot of talk about bringing in a quality CB (and I totally agree), and although I've never seen him play, I'm wondering if the magic hat fancies crooks for CB?  Anybody have any idea how long he's out for?

Bookmakers don't think so. :pipe:

I do think we can win it, but instinct tells me it could be a three way battle, with cellic being stronger from having brought in a couple of decent players, and aberdeen building on last season's performance. I could see us all taking points of each other and not much in it at the end of season. Also still have a wee bit justified paranoia about how the SFA sponsored referees will treat us, as they were still disssing us last season for goal celebrations and the like, and the message from the SFA after the cup final appears we are still fair game.......

No real threat elsewhere, Hearts peaked last year and I don;t expect them to improve. 

19 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

I've never went in to a league campaign believing we wouldn't win it. 

We'll win it in style.

Wul no win it because they are dead pyoor brillant -   2 dodgy penalties in extra time of each half  against one of the worst European teams ever - they are a joke

I think it will be a tight call but yes I think we will win the league, we have a far better manager and a more fluid style of player with the players who compliment and implement that style rather well.............55 is coming alive

If tonight is anything to go by, then I think we can and will.  Need to be careful in games against Them though.... looks like they are going to be the type of team who will go down under the weakest (if at all any) challenge in or around the box.  Proper defender should sort that.

On a one to one basis I think we can beat anyone in this league , however over the course of the season I worry over the defensive side of things . 

I think I'm right in saying we conceded in more league games last season than kept a clean sheet and , tbh , I can see the same this season . We are , effectively , giving most teams a goal start , so the onus is on our midfield and attack , and while I have every confidence in them for the vast majority of games , it would be unrealistic not to expect them to have an off day here and there , which could prove to be costly over the course of a season . 

Weve got a good chance . . . . . .more than a good chance . 

Havent seen anything from Celtic to suggest otherwise. 

If Warbo can square up our defense, and Waghorn, Tavernier, Halliday, and McKay all carry on their consistency from last season. Add that to Barton, Nico, Rossiter, and Windass hitting the ground running, we'll be in with a shout.