Do you think we will win the league

Smile

Do you think we will win the league  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will win the league

Just now, Dazzler said:

It's a Rangers forum, it seems a reasonable thread to start and comment on at the start of a new season. 

Burnley are a decent team about to start a season in the premiership. It's a bit unfair to use our performance against them as a gauge of how well we will do against our Scottish opponents.

I never just used the Burnley game, it's just that they're the only decent team we've faced so far. The cup final, & most games after we beat Them in the semi, how good were we then? We had a few injuries to contend with, but we still had the players to win the games that we never did.

It's the arrogance, or the arrogant way we portray ourselves, that gets us hated so much, especially when we've got nothing, or done nothing, to be so arrogant...

I think that we'll have one too many slip-ups, in the league campaign, where as the scum go to grounds and score in injury time to grab the 3 points, and we'll come away with a draw...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I never just used the Burnley game, it's just that they're the only decent team we've faced so far. The cup final, & most games after we beat Them in the semi, how good were we then? We had a few injuries to contend with, but we still had the players to win the games that we never did.

It's the arrogance, or the arrogant way we portray ourselves, that gets us hated so much, especially when we've got nothing, or done nothing, to be so arrogant...

I think that we'll have one too many slip-ups, in the league campaign, where as the scum go to grounds and score in injury time to grab the 3 points, and we'll come away with a draw...

We have an improved squad since the end of last season, so don't think those games are entirely relevant. 

The Burnley performance would only bother me if we were about to start a season in the English top league.

I gave up worrying about what people thought of us a long time ago. Arrogance, confidence, bluster is better than approaching a season saying we are not going to win it or we are not good enough.

Not sure what you mean by we have done nothing, we are the most successful club in Scotland.

I hope you are wrong with your last paragraph.

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

We have an improved squad since the end of last season, so don't think those games are entirely relevant. 

The Burnley performance would only bother me if we were about to start a season in the English top league.

I gave up worrying about what people thought of us a long time ago. Arrogance, confidence, bluster is better than approaching a season saying we are not going to win it or we are not good enough.

Not sure what you mean by we have done nothing, we are the most successful club in Scotland.

I hope you are wrong with your last paragraph.

In the 'done nothing' I was meaning at that point in time, with the current players.

We won The Championship, we won The Challenge Cup, & we should've won the Scottish Cup, & celebrated it, by staying where we were, so that the players could do a lap of honour. ( Unlike the hibs fans, who just don't know how to celebrate winning things, because they never do win anything)

A lot has been made of the defence but the attack needs to sharpen up. If we scored more of our chances we'd really be hammering some teams. We aren't as clinical in front of goal as we could be.

I also get frustrated when we break into the box from the wings, but very rarely find one of our players with the cutback.

Fix these issues and we will win it.

On ‎2016‎/‎08‎/‎03 at 0:35 PM, Smile said:

Yes no or reasons why you think we will or will not do it this year.

I'm confident that we'll win 55 come the end of the season - maybe not because we have a better squad than the timmigrant club, but because we have a better manager.

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

A lot has been made of the defence but the attack needs to sharpen up. If we scored more of our chances we'd really be hammering some teams. We aren't as clinical in front of goal as we could be.

I also get frustrated when we break into the box from the wings, but very rarely find one of our players with the cutback.

Final balls from players when they beat a man have been terrible.

Why do so many people seem to care what fans of other teams think about opinions expressed about Rangers by Ranger's fans on a Ranger's forum? If we want to revel in an atmosphere of "arrogance", optimism or downright paranoia and misery, it's none of their fucking business and they're a sorry shower if shite if they're even on here reading it.

If I was sad enough to waste my time reading their forums, I would fully expect them to be bigging themselves up, talking up their chances of winning league titles or cups, depending on the level of the club. It's what you do when you're among your own.

For those who prefer realism over optimism; great, give us your honest assessment but don't berate the optimistic amongst us because you're worried about how it will be perceived amongst those we already know hate us with a passion. Their opinion of us means fuck all.

And if you're one of these sad-sacks who believes we're "tempting fate" or "jinxing it" just go and throw yourself in the river and don't bother coming up for air.

3 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

My biggest frustration with the attack is the decision making. There are times when someone is clean through and doesn't get a pass only for the person with the ball to walk in to two defenders, or when we do have a clear goal scoring opportunity that's when they pass it and the defence recovers. I think we have a couple of players who are more intent on making a name for themselves rather than doing what is good for the team.

20 hours ago, gogzy said:

Hmmm, I think if we run them close the opposite will happen.

I think if we can keep it tight until the final 5-10 games of the season, then the tarriers will do what they always do, and that's blow it, bottle it, and hand the title to us :)

Notorious bottle merchants.

I hope your right but the defence gives me the fear.

Ye if we get a new striker as waghorn isn't up to it! Yes he scores goals but he gets lucky with a lot of them plus the amount that were pens last year!! 

Haven't seen enough of Dodoo but hopefully he can replace waggy when he is hitting row z

I genuinely think we will. We have shown against premier league opposition who don't sit back and defend like teams in championship that we create many chances and usually take them. However defence situation needs resolved but the 1st few games before window shuts I'm sure we can handle and then sign the centre back we have been after. 

Roll on 55 :)

I voted NO, simply because we have a totally disorganised, slow and ponderous defense that is easily taken apart by a relatively competent team. The warning signs have been their for a long time and we have not fixed the problem.In addition we have difficulty scoring goals and, consequently, cannot put teams 'away' as quickly and efficiently as we should. That shambles of a league cup group demonstrated all of the above points. I make my comments against the backcloth of a substandard SPFL and the fact that we should only actually encounter meaningful opposition form 3 or 4 teams in the league. I do hope I'm totally wrong, and I'll be more than happy to eat my words.

We can, however I'm still not convinced.

Last season we managed without a real injury crisis, as our back four all remained fit. If we lose a centre half, or fullback to injury, we are down to the bare bones.

I also cant see how were going to break teams down any better than last season. We cant expect the likes of Dodoo to score 15+ goals in his first season of proper football!