Roberto Martinez New Belgium Manager

39 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Good appointment IMO. He'll get them playing decent attacking football and can get the best out of Lukaku.

Easy to see he's left Everton - they've kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford!

Thriller for Rooney's testimonial Davie Moyes must have been managing both teams!

11 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Good appointment IMO. He'll get them playing decent attacking football and can get the best out of Lukaku.

I disagree. He didn't get the best out of Lukaku. Martinez's teams are too slow in getting the ball to the striker. Lukaku complained a lot that Everton were not playing to his strengths. 

Plus he can't organise a defence to save his life.

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

I disagree. He didn't get the best out of Lukaku. Martinez's teams are too slow in getting the ball to the striker. Lukaku complained a lot that Everton were not playing to his strengths. 

Plus he can't organise a defence to save his life.

Well Lukaku has scored 61 out of his 119 career goals at Everton. He never scored for Chelsea and he looked horrendously out of place up top for Belgium during Euro 16, I disagree, Everton were horrendous under Martinez last season but people forget how good Everton were under him in his first 2 seasons. He's definitely a step up from Wilmots who truly was clueless. 

1 hour ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Well Lukaku has scored 61 out of his 119 career goals at Everton. He never scored for Chelsea and he looked horrendously out of place up top for Belgium during Euro 16, I disagree, Everton were horrendous under Martinez last season but people forget how good Everton were under him in his first 2 seasons. He's definitely a step up from Wilmots who truly was clueless. 

I agree, I think you and I could do a better job the Wilmots. I hope he does well, I've always liked Martinez. 

Don't understand the hype surrounding Martinez as a manager. Narrowly escaped relegation every season with Wigan and then eventually going down (albeit with an FA Cup) and then taking Everton backwards. Yet his name carries some weight in England etc. He's no more than a Spanish Steve Bruce 

• 3 weeks later...