Puma statement from FF

Smile

Hi guy from FF,

We are sorry you feel this way. We respect your decision and would like to take the opportunity to let you know that PUMA is releasing replica kits into the market in full compliance with the Sponsorship and Licensing Agreement PUMA has with Rangers Retail Limited (RRL) - (a joint venture between Rangers Football Club (RFC) and Sports Direct plc (SDI)). The kits were actually designed in collaboration with Rangers Football Club over a period of months and final approval was received from the club last year in line with production schedules. The playing kit was delivered to the club, and the players have played all pre-season friendlies in this kit.
PUMA’s agreement with RRL remains in full effect. Accordingly, after taking legal advice, PUMA continues to uphold its contract with Rangers Retail Limited and has fulfilled its obligations to manufacture and deliver the kits to the playing and coaching staff, as well as to PUMA’s retail customers with the knowledge of all parties, including RFC.

We wish the team the very best of luck in their return to the Scottish Premiership. It's set to be an exciting season for both you and the club.

Kind regards,
PUMA

30 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That clears fuck all up 

24 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Just what I wanted to hear from Puma; Now I can sleep soundly tonight knowing absolutely fuck all more than I did yesterday  :wanker:

i think it clears a lot up, PUMA have basically said they can release the kits based on a deal they have with RRL (who we are a part of)

Cannot see how the club will stop this now

The kits were actually designed in collaboration with Rangers Football Club over a period of months and final approval was received from the club last year in line with production schedules.

I may be reading this wrong but isn't that PUMA contradicting the statement made by the club yesterday, and saying that the club were aware of the details of the kits release all along?

4 minutes ago, thehost said:

I can clear this up for anyone who wants it cleared up

we have a great big fucking contract the notion we can just ignore it is a fantasy

hope this helps

And PUMA calling the board's statement a lie?

4 hours ago, BF2 said:

I may be reading this wrong but isn't that PUMA contradicting the statement made by the club yesterday, and saying that the club were aware of the details of the kits release all along?

Don't think so, it said in line with terms and conditions of the agreement with rr, doesn't state when these were agreed and what has happened since with regards the ip.

They have an agreement to sell supply kits to be sold and they've done that.

Let's face it, PUMA are a German company and they aren't going to care about any clubs particular situation. They (and all other brands) make kit deals to make money, and they can't do that unless they sell tops. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape for them being what they are, a business. Ashley and his shit deal are our problem, no point putting the blame anywhere else.

4 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

You can't blame Puma for wanting to sell the stuff, nor would I condemn any fan buying it.

Personally I think it's not a bad a kit and is better on the eye than the Lionbrand stuff I've seen, which is not to my taste.

Lionbrand stuff is cringey as fuck, Feel sorry for the people that walk about with it on, they think they're sticking it to Ashley by lining the pockets of 'Super Fans' like Dingwall. They tell you all the money goes to the club but there's never been a shred of proof

We're never going to win a pissing contest with Puma, mini needs to get this clusterfuck sorted.

Tell Puma we will take all the shirts, explain the circumstances to the fan base, cut SD out the loop and sell through the club website and Amazon.  If the club is upront we could see. Record ST and shirt sales.  

36 minutes ago, worcesterloyal said:

There is only one man to blame for all this not Ashley not King ........But Charles Green who should be rotting in jail ,he signed up all the deals to get his grubby little hands on the cash 

Exactly and I feel utterly like a cunt that he fooled me and now after we all pulled together that wee fucker is still affecting us that we cannot even buy a home top which I think is fucking outstanding and is breaking me not getting it but want to support our club. 

55 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Exactly and I feel utterly like a cunt that he fooled me and now after we all pulled together that wee fucker is still affecting us that we cannot even buy a home top which I think is fucking outstanding and is breaking me not getting it but want to support our club. 

You can buy a home top or are you so used to taking orders without question that you are now unable to think for yourself.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

You can buy a home top or are you so used to taking orders without question that you are now unable to think for yourself.

I am really undecided on the matter as are many and just want to do rite for Rangers on this as do we really know the exact figure the Club gets from a sale of a shirt or when the money from sales is given to us?

From the Rangers statement yesterday...."the Club has made its best efforts to engage with PUMA on an agreed way forward without the involvement of Sports Direct for the manufacture of replica kits and other merchandise to supporters."

No doubt Puma feels it is in the middle and just wants to sell strips without getting entangled in the Rangers / SD wrangle.   Understandable up to a point but the fact is they are inextricably involved whether they like it or not.   As I see it Rangers wanted to discuss ways of distributing the kit by avoiding or reducing distribution through SD.   That would indicate that SD does not have exclusive rights or some sort of minimum volume to retail the strip.     So the enquiry by Rangers to explore alternative distribution seems on the immediate face of it to be reasonable.  What is not reasonable, or acceptable commercial behaviour from Puma, is to refuse to engage with Rangers on this.    By sitting on the fence, not engaging with Rangers (or communicating properly or fully with them) but responding to a request from SD to supply strips simply indicates that Puma is narrowly only out to look after its own money-making interests.    If that's the gist of it then perhaps no surprise to see the Rangers testy statement.

Would also be no surprise if Rangers make it clear that they will look to switch to a different replica kit supplier asap with it being clear to Puma that their refusal to engage properly has put them beyond the realm of being a business partner that Rangers will engage with once the contract ends.   I suppose that's no real loss to Puma .......but they should not underestimate the reputational damage a squabble like this can cause their business if it builds in froth in the media and festers for a while.   In his strategy to gain control of Rangers DK demonstrated quite an ability to create froth and keep to keep it pretty constantly visible in the media.

As an aside I wonder if its a contractual requirement between Rangers / SD and Puma that when TV interviews are given that there is a backcloth showing Puma, SD and 32 Red logos.   Wonder if that could be removed and replaced with a Rangers backcloth?     

7 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

You can't blame Puma for wanting to sell the stuff, nor would I condemn any fan buying it.

Personally I think it's not a bad a kit and is better on the eye than the Lionbrand stuff I've seen, which is not to my taste.

Don't see why its being compared to lyinbrand, one is the official top and the others fuck all to do with Rangers

1 minute ago, ex-guardsman said:

I am really undecided on the matter as are many and just want to do rite for Rangers on this as do we really know the exact figure the Club gets from a sale of a shirt or when the money from sales is given to us?

Can appreciate your dilemma but I rarely see a Rangers top these days when I am on holiday. However, I see plenty mhanks tops. What message is that sending out to Europe? We laugh at the c****c fans for hating us more than they love their own team and here are a lot of our fans acting just the same.

6 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

do we really know the exact figure the Club gets from a sale of a shirt or when the money from sales is given to us?

No.