New kit middle of season

Just now, Bears r us said:

I wish I had read this post before I commented on your last post G because I think you are bang on with that, and that is not saying Rfc52 is wrong in what he said. 

fwiw I think rfc52 is, as everyone else is, free to make up his own mind and i won't slate him for it.  My post wasn't a dig at him in any way, it was just an example to use.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I agree about the 'could' 'maybe' etc G, but I think this will have been leaked from someone, it is too much left field for a Sun journalist to just come up with it out of the blue, and was it not also mentioned in Snyde radio ?

Was on of our fans spokespersons not interview by Snyde today?   

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I'm not getting the 32Red part, surely they would just go on any new strip (which I don't think the board are even considering tbh)

I agree they need to choose them wisely but there must be something in it for the board to do this, you would think they would put up with a deal which isn't great if it is generating decent money

They must have also calculated that we could make much much more than what we do otherwise they will have egg on their faces should they fail to get better revenues in which they get now

One thing is for sure, Dave Kings book will be a belter

I just hope they know what they are doing mate, I don't want a game of Russian roulette. 

I'd rather we could just get on with supporting the team, had enough off the field antics to last me a lifetime.

Just now, gogzy said:

fwiw I think rfc52 is, as everyone else is, free to make up his own mind and i won't slate him for it.  My post wasn't a dig at him in any way, it was just an example to use.

For sure G, I did not take it as that (tu) but it instantly made Rfc52 doubt his earlier decision and I think that might have been one of the reasons for it being put out there tonight IMO. Surely this cannot just be left to rumble about forums and not a word from the Board ??? 

2 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

Was on of our fans spokespersons not interview by Snyde today?   

He never mentioned any "new kit half way through the season " 

This is what Houston mentioned on the radio 

Houston on Clyde the now .I know fucking Clyde. I'm in the car 

Says we get 4n half pence in pound 

No link to kit from official website 

Crack on by a strip but not helping club 

Gers superstore isny the club superstore it's SD 

(Umpteen posts on here saying £2,70 per tenner .so 27p in the pound .mentioned in the accounts .with nobody having any doubts to be doubting the posts in here 

1 minute ago, bluenose244 said:

I just hope they know what they are doing mate, I don't want a game of Russian roulette. 

I'd rather we could just get on with supporting the team, had enough off the field antics to last me a lifetime.

True that mate (tu)

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Possibly a just a rumour fed to two unreliable sources sun/radio cattolica, in fact the latter could just be mischief making, as they do, to stop punters buying the strip just now. A statement from the board would clear things up !:sherlock:

I agree, but I do not think we will get one. :pipe: 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

From what i hear,Under armour will be making our strips.

and that would be the level of kit manufacturer we would get going forward for the foreseeable as no-one decent would touch us pulling these stupid stunts.

It's exactly like the TV deal we talked about the other day on here - when we voted in Setanta out of principle short term because it was a so-called "fairer" deal then struggle to attract a proper deal and promote our product for years, maybe even decades afterwards.

Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I wish all this shite would stop. We are what 1 year into a 5 year termination deal with the Sports Direct side of the retail? unless there's a legal way of getting out of it I'd prefer it if we sucked it up (so to speak) and maintained our principles because it will put us in a lot better stead when negotiating with our next kit supplier and will benefit us a lot more medium-long term.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Aye mate. I've decided that I'm not risking 40 quid for a top that may be only out a few weeks or months. I was all set today but a last minute hiccup meant that I had to leave buying it for him till tomorrow. 

As this is now up in the air I won't be throwing 40 down the drain. So looks like it'll be some shitey epl/la liga pish he will ask for. Sigh.

Fucking murder. 

Hang on,  how would this even work?

I am reasonably sure there will be a clause int he RR deal that stops us selling any merch outside of RR. ( it would be wierd for a clause like that not to exist imo )

If that's the case then how would we sell the strips?  would we have to make a deal with under armour through RR, and if so then are we not still feeding ashley money?

This is all very wierd.

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Possibly a just a rumour fed to two unreliable sources sun/radio cattolica, in fact the latter could just be mischief making, as they do, to stop punters buying the strip just now. A statement from the board would clear things up !:sherlock:

:541: 

Aye it was the "BREAKING NEWS " part on snyde , half way through the programme shifty-eyes-o.gif  

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and that would be the level of kit manufacturer we would get going forward for the foreseeable as no-one decent would touch us pulling these stupid stunts.

It's exactly like the TV deal we talked about the other day on here - when we voted in Setanta out of principle short term because it was a so-called "fairer" deal then struggle to attract a proper deal and promote our product for years, maybe even decades afterwards.

I wish all this shite would stop. We are what 1 year into a 5 year termination deal with the Sports Direct side of the retail? unless there's a legal way of getting out of it I'd prefer it if we sucked it up (so to speak) and maintained our principles because it will put us in a lot better stead when negotiating with our next kit supplier and will benefit us a lot more medium-long term.

I don't know mate, I think sponsors would be jumping at the chance, after all we do sell a lot of strips, perhaps they would look at it from our view and have industry knowledge of the cunt Mike is

I'm pretty sure if they were told of the kind of deal we were getting (if it is indeed as shocking as some say - yet to be confirmed) then they would understand, I wouldn't like to think you were right 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye mate. I've decided that I'm not risking 40 quid for a top that may be only out a few weeks or months. I was all set today but a last minute hiccup meant that I had to leave buying it for him till tomorrow. 

As this is now up in the air I won't be throwing 40 down the drain. So looks like it'll be some shitey epl/la liga pish he will ask for. Sigh.

Fucking murder. 

Fair enough bud, i get that completely.  All I am saying is that there are no quotes in that article, a hell of a lot of speculation, and would be a logistical nightmare.  ( not to mention it would have to be OK'd by the SPFL board, and we know how helpful they are when it comes to us)

Tough choice to make bud.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I am reasonably sure there will be a clause int he RR deal that stops us selling any merch outside of RR. ( it would be wierd for a clause like that not to exist imo )

If that's the case then how would we sell the strips?  would we have to make a deal with under armour through RR, and if so then are we not still feeding ashley money?

This is all very wierd.

With RRL no longer having a license to use our trademarks on merchandise I would imagine that any deal struck would have to be done with the club directly

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Tbf mate as far as I know the PA is all media outlets. So this has been/will be covered by all media outlets

I am so confused now mate I have no idea what is going on and really feel for parents like yourself who only want to make their children happy and also wear our colours. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. (tu) 

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

This is all very wierd.

Set up a new merchandising retail division , stand alone kinda thing . although personally I canny see this happening , pie in the sky stuff . (new kit that is )

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Set up a new merchandising retail division , stand alone kinda thing . although personally I canny see this happening , pie in the sky stuff . 

Would we be able to do that while still tied into our current retail deal?

Just now, A.T.G said:

I don't know mate, I think sponsors would be jumping at the chance, after all we do sell a lot of strips, perhaps they would look at it from our view and have industry knowledge of the cunt Mike is

I'm pretty sure if they were told of the kind of deal we were getting (if it is indeed as shocking as some say - yet to be confirmed) then they would understand, I wouldn't like to think you were right 

I honestly don't see how sponsors would be jumping at the chance mate. OK we sell a lot of strips but they don't have the emotional ties to the club we do and must be thinking why give us decent money, if, when they decide there's parts of the contract they don't like or think they're not getting a good enough deal they just bring out another strip half way through a season with a different supplier.

I think we know fine well we are contractually bound for the next few years with the Sports Direct deal and are just getting desperate hoping fat Mike just gives up or something - while the club will suffer in future because of it. It wreaks of desperation to me and makes us look like a laughing stock.

If the club have some legal leverage then use it. Do it right behind the scenes and stop the circus.

Then again maybe they like the cricus as it gets them off the hook for failed investment promises and treating the Cup Final fans like shite if everyones rabble rousing and forming lynch mobs again on social media because it's new strip time. All very handy for the ones in charge, must admit.