Linfield Friendly, September 3rd

SimshillBear

On 17 August 2016 at 1:24 PM, ForeverAndEver said:

From Rangers website

RANGERS will travel to Belfast to take on Linfield on Saturday, September 3 for Blues’ midfielder Jamie Mulgrew’s testimonial.

Kicking off at 1pm at the impressive new Windsor Park, the game will ensure Mark Warburton’s side are kept busy during the international break ahead of travelling to Parkhead the following week to take on Celtic.

Currently managed by former Rangers striker David Healy, Linfield have a win and two draws from their three NIFL Premiership matches so far, and among their current squad, ex-Gers goalkeeper Roy Carroll is their current number one.

The last meeting of the two sides took place at Ibrox in April 2013, with then-manager Ally McCoist’s side winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Chris Hegarty and Andy Murdoch.

The side’s last meeting in Belfast was in May 2012, with Linfield inviting Rangers to Belfast for a benefit game in order to ease the club’s administration woes. That day saw

Alejandro Bedoya open the scoring before a certain Barrie McKay – making his Gers debut – scored a quite superb effort with 10 minutes left to seal a 2-0 win.

Since Gers last visit to Belfast, Linfield’s Windsor Park stadium has undergone a complete transformation, and can now boast of being one of the most modern grounds in Europe.

Holding 18,000 spectators, a terrific atmosphere is always guaranteed.

Tickets for this match are being handled by Linfield and will be available to Rangers supporters via Ticketmaster.com from 10am tomorrow, and are priced at £15 for adults and £10 for concessions.

Gers fans will be housed initially in the upper and lower sections of the North Stand with the Railway Stand being opened subject to demand.

Bump for anyone else looking for ticket info

18 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Nah mate, Linfield deserve better than that after raising cash for us in our hour of need. The only football team anywhere to offer us help despite our proud history of being a charitable club who helps others like Arsenal and Bradford. I'll always keep an eye out for them now and would return the favour in an instant. Just a shame they don't play in England so we could put a lot more business each other's way. But the people of Northern Ireland deserve to see a good Rangers side anyway for the great backing they've always given us.

Anybody know if it is possible for a non season ticket holder to get a ticket for this? Never been but would not cost me much more than my trips to Ibrox anyway.

Tickets are on sale on Ticketmaster mate to all 

1 hour ago, spion kop said:

Tickets are on sale on Ticketmaster mate to all 

Yeah mate, was right up for it but most hotels were charging more than 300 for 3 nights. I could get a ticket but I realised the cost of the rest of it with hotels and stuff. I thought it was like me going to Glasgow for a few nights but I have no family in Northern Ireland. I was never in the Orange Order myself but plenty in my area were and all my family liked the 12th, the tunes, and the Rangers but what I am saying Spion is do you have a porch? lol (joke but serious, wanting to show Linfield how much we admire them for helping us, will never be forgotten).

15 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah mate, was right up for it but most hotels were charging more than 300 for 3 nights. I could get a ticket but I realised the cost of the rest of it with hotels and stuff. I thought it was like me going to Glasgow for a few nights but I have no family in Northern Ireland. I was never in the Orange Order myself but plenty in my area were and all my family liked the 12th, the tunes, and the Rangers but what I am saying Spion is do you have a porch? lol (joke but serious, wanting to show Linfield how much we admire them for helping us, will never be forgotten).

Have you looked at the prices for the hostel on the corner of Sandy Row and Donegal Road? Right opposite the Royal and the Rangers Supporters club. Close to the stadium and handy to get into town. Worth a look if you feel like you're getting ripped off by the hotels.

Edit: I just checked and the Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter (City Centre) is under £100 from Fri 2nd to Mon 5th.

19 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Never forget the hands across the sea from Linfield and the fact ghey stood shoulder to shoulder with us in our hour of need.  Your friends are the ones who are there for you when you are down.  Hopefully a good crowd.

As well as the friendship between the clubs that gos back a long time the players who's testimonial it is is rangers daft as well 

Some questions we have been asked regards to the game;

Q. Will the game clash with the Brian Robinson parade?
A. No.... Kick off is 1pm with Brian Robinson Parade starting at 4pm. Plenty of time to take in both.

Q. Is Rangers bringing a full strength squad
A. Yes as far as we are aware, The Gaffer is taking the game in a professional manner and using it for preparation for the following week against Celtic. I would imagine the only person who won't be there will be Barrie McKay who has been picked for the Scotland squad

Q. Where can I purchase tickets?
A. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster. Prices are £15 Adults £10 Concessions

Q. Where will Rangers fans be situated?
A. There is no segregation but Rangers fans have been given the North Stand Upper and Lower Tiers of Windsor Park

11 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

A. No.... Kick off is 1pm with Brian Robinson Parade starting at 4pm. Plenty of time to take in both.

A. Yes as far as we are aware, The Gaffer is taking the game in a professional manner and using it for preparation for the following week against Celtic. I would imagine the only person who won't be there will be Barrie McKay who has been picked for the Scotland squad

A. There is no segregation but Rangers fans have been given the North Stand Upper and Lower Tiers of Windsor Park

11 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

Any idea how many tickets have been sold so far?

Cheers

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Have you looked at the prices for the hostel on the corner of Sandy Row and Donegal Road? Right opposite the Royal and the Rangers Supporters club. Close to the stadium and handy to get into town. Worth a look if you feel like you're getting ripped off by the hotels.

Edit: I just checked and the Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter (City Centre) is under £100 from Fri 2nd to Mon 5th.

Fully booked now

SQUAD ANNOUNCED

https://www.facebook.com/jamiemulgrewtestimonial/

TESTIMONIAL UPDATE: Jamie's Testimonial Committee have received correspondence from Rangers regarding Squad Details for Jamie's Game, and can confirm Mark Warburtons squad will be:

Wes Foderingham – 1
James Tavernier – 2
Clint Hill – 3
Rob Kiernan – 4
Lee Wallace – 5
Danny Wilson – 6
Joe Garner- 7
Joey Barton – 8
Kenny Miller – 9
Josh Windass – 11
Joseph Dodoo- 14
Harry Forrester – 15
Andy Halliday – 16
Niko Kranjcar – 19
Matt Crooks – 21
Jason Holt – 23
Matt Gilks – 25
Michael O’Halloran – 29
Martyn Waghorn – 33

TICKETS ON SALE FROM TICKETMASTER GET YOURS TODAY 

The only players missing from the Squad will be Lee Hodson, Jordan Rossiter and Barrie McKay who will be on international duty.