Under 20s in Irn Bru Cup

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Off the top of my head we've used (regularly) Dumbarton, Milngavie, Airdrie, Cumbernauld, Bathgate, Paisley and now Stirling.

I just found it strange that people now have a clamour to go see them. They've not just appeared overnight. I know K.a.I has been a few times as have others but I've never seen people being overly interested other than who looks good and what the results were. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I just found it strange that people now have a clamour to go see them. They've not just appeared overnight. I know K.a.I has been a few times as have others but I've never seen people being overly interested other than who looks good and what the results were. 

Southdown1916 seen every single U20's game last season. Didn't miss one. Done swift swaps and the odd holiday in work to see all the games. Some feat.

The Dude - they also played at Linlithgow too early 90's, Seen them play a few times there as a kid. Young Charlie Miller guys like Boyack etc too.

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Only time I ever really bother is if I'm covering it. Done two years of covering several youth games a week across a number of clubs for websites and local papers. I'm fucked if I'm going to go in my spare time too. :lol: 

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Southdown1916 seen every single U20's game last season. Didn't miss one. Done swift swaps and the odd holiday in work to see all the games. Some feat.

The Dude - they also played at Linlithgow too early 90's, Seen them play a few times there as a kid. Young Charlie Miller guys like Boyack etc too.

That rings a bell now you mention it actually, cheers.

All this talk about travel to Stirling, from Wishaw at the moment would take nearly 2 hours to get there and of course that would be nearly 2 hours back and part if not all of the journey is going to be by bus!

Going wouldn't necessary be an issue but would get back far too late for a mid game evening kick off.

LOL just checked the actual route, the so called bus journey is from Central to Queen Street!  Still too long a trek as for return journey I would have to travel to Edinburgh to get a train back to Wishaw and If I miss the 22:07 train then I'm truly fucked as that would be the last one I could get.

On 8 August 2016 at 3:48 PM, K.A.I said:

That's an unbelievable achievement. Fair play to that man (tu)

As far as I'm aware our under 20's were about 14th in the league last season (not 100%), for those that watch/follow them regularly; will they get past Stirling Uni tonight? (I have seen the other U20's sides get past better but with us not being great I'm curious to know what someone who knows far more than me makes of the tie).

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

He is, apparently the loan deals include provision that both can play in development games if needed. Good idea tbh.

It is. But found it strange as this is oficially a cup tie. A cup that St.Mirren will be competing in at that. 

I assume he wont be able to play for them in that case?

28 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

As far as I'm aware our under 20's were about 14th in the league last season (not 100%), for those that watch/follow them regularly; will they get past Stirling Uni tonight? (I have seen the other U20's sides get past better but with us not being great I'm curious to know what someone who knows far more than me makes of the tie).

I think so. :wink:

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

St Mirren or the scum in the final, either will be great.

If the boys manage to get to the final, chances of us taking a full support? I'd certainly be in attendance anyway