Under 20s in Irn Bru Cup

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Eck the bear said:

I'm disappointed that the under 20 matches aren't accessible to the majority of Rangers fans, even if Ibrox is not a viable option, surely a Junior ground could be used.

The majority of Rangers fans can't travel 20 miles?

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The majority of Rangers fans can't travel 20 miles?

I use public transport to get to the match, a lot of others do as well, supporters buses won't be happening for Stirling, so yes, I think that does take out the majority, even if it didn't, home games in Glasgow is still better for most people.

Just now, Eck the bear said:

I use public transport to get to the match, a lot of others do as well, supporters buses won't be happening for Stirling, so yes, I think that does take out the majority, even if it didn't, home games in Glasgow is still better for most people.

Stirling train station is a ten minute walk (there's a bus goes right by it down to Forthbank too) I make the opposite journey to go to Ibrox. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Stirling train station is a ten minute walk (there's a bus goes right by it down to Forthbank too) I make the opposite journey to go to Ibrox. 

4 hours ago, Eck the bear said:

£8 return on train. Definitely realistic.

24 minutes ago, Eck the bear said:

Non argument dude, you can't argue that Stirling is an ok location for a Rangers home game.

That's not what I'm arguing. Nor is it the point you made. I'm arguing that the majority of Rangers fans are more than capable of making it to Stirling.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

That's not what I'm arguing. Nor is it the point you made. I'm arguing that the majority of Rangers fans are more than capable of making it to Stirling.

I can see both arguments - there's no reason we can't play at Benburb. I'm more likely to go to a youth game in the challenge cup (which we hold) than a womans game in...(lost interest during post).

3 hours ago, BEE said:

I can see both arguments - there's no reason we can't play at Benburb. I'm more likely to go to a youth game in the challenge cup (which we hold) than a womans game in...(lost interest during post).

At a guess the facilities are not up to standard.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Stirling isn't ideal but it's not exactly a million miles away either if you genuinely want to go 

Train takes 30 mins or so and it's similar time to drive (from Glasgow). Christ the town I live in, Denny, which is just outside Stirling has a massive part of it that was built as an overspill for Glasgow in the fifties and sixties. As you say, if folk want to genuinely go then the fact it's in Stirling will make no odds.

How long does it take to drive from Auchenhowie to Ibrox?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Train takes 30 mins or so and it's similar time to drive (from Glasgow). Christ the town I live in, Denny, which is just outside Stirling has a massive part of it that was built as an overspill for Glasgow in the fifties and sixties. As you say, if folk want to genuinely go then the fact it's in Stirling will make no odds.

Aye Dumbarton is 20 odd mins on fast train and a ten minute walk to ground from there and no one complained playing there past few years either 

I can't agree with holding a home game in Stirling even for a reserve side. Already takes me the best part of an hour to get to Ibrox by public transport never mind having to travel miles away to a game designated as a home tie.

On 06/08/2016 at 11:31 PM, The Dude said:

Auchenhowie to Ibrox driving is probably 25-30 mins 

7 hours ago, weeto said:

I can't agree with holding a home game in Stirling even for a reserve side. Already takes me the best part of an hour to get to Ibrox by public transport never mind having to travel miles away to a game designated as a home tie.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Is Forthbank the Under 20's ground for this season ?

I thought you had to nominate a stadium for the competition ?

Teams can use several grounds. We are apparently using Forthbank throughout though. Stirling Uni did but have moved to Falkirk.

4 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

I would like to see one of the games played at Ibrox. I would think if you priced the game properly and gave it a bit of publicity you would get a good crowd. It would also be good experience for the U20s to play a competitive game at Ibrox

Youth Cup games are often played at Ibrox but I would like to see an Irn Bru cup game there if we got a good enough draw or a semi final place or something. Fiver a head would draw a really good gate. 

49 minutes ago, Eck the bear said:

Home games at home, it's a no brainer, any other suggestion is mental.

Why? Barely anyone is ever interested in the reserves anyway. They played at Dumbarton all last season and have used airdrie as well iirc.  We barely ever use Ibrox for what is essentially youth football 

49 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Why? Barely anyone is ever interested in the reserves anyway. They played at Dumbarton all last season and have used airdrie as well iirc.  We barely ever use Ibrox for what is essentially youth football 

Off the top of my head we've used (regularly) Dumbarton, Milngavie, Airdrie, Cumbernauld, Bathgate, Paisley and now Stirling.