Jordan Thompson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Halkett & Gasparatto.

If we have any sense Crawford, Murdoch, Sinnamon should be joining them.

Walsh too. He's a poor footballer but a lot of fans seem to think he could be useful to us. Mental.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You've excelled yourself.

I was posting something in another thread and got the alert you quoted me and thought "that can't be him disagreeing with me on the comment I left in that thread"

Meh.

I don't mean it like developing other teams youngsters. I don't think the club will see it that way either. I think it's more a case of getting something in return to actually get our U20's on track winning-wise while our player is out getting game time.

I'm not a fan of sending our players out to teams like Raith and St Mirren and Airdrie. I think they learn more working with Warburton and the first team at our facilities like Auchenhowie but that's a different debate. I just think if we are giving all our talent away to help boost other teams, it's good to get something back in to boost our under 20's ... if he goes back to Raith a better player then again, meh, he's done what we needed for our under 20's first and foremost and that's just a wee bonus for them.

I've no problem at all with out kids going out on loan if they are going to get first team football. I was one of the few who wasn't getting his knickers in a twist in previous seasons when kids were sent out. It's the signing of Bates I don't get. Use our younger lads in the 20's and develop those kids. don't bring in guys for 6 months to supplement our development side. 

If Bates goes back to Raith and they sell him on for a decent wee fee what do we get from it? Fuck all. If he was any good Raith wouldn't have sent him out on loan to play U20 football.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm not sure how exactly it works if someone can answer. If Bates does well or were struggling with injuries is he registered to play for the first team? Can we promote him whenever we want?

Yes. He's registered as our player. May not be able to play in cup ties depending on terms of the loan and Raith may still be able to play him in their U20 side too.

Just now, The Dude said:

I've no problem at all with out kids going out on loan if they are going to get first team football. I was one of the few who wasn't getting his knickers in a twist in previous seasons when kids were sent out. It's the signing of Bates I don't get. Use our younger lads in the 20's and develop those kids. don't bring in guys for 6 months to supplement our development side. 

If Bates goes back to Raith and they sell him on for a decent wee fee what do we get from it? Fuck all. If he was any good Raith wouldn't have sent him out on loan to play U20 football.

I'm no sure I think Raith see a good player there but can't develop him the way we could and in the meantime it will help our u20's start winning games again. Not him alone, but if it's a route we are going down and do it with some others. I see it as mutually beneficial tbh.

46 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Well he has said himself he is a big fan of the loan market, and doesn't see the benefit of young players sitting in our U20's. If he wanted rid of them he would do what he done with Gallagher last summer and Bell this summer albeit an older player. I don't know exactly what players Brentford used but he was there for 18 months, its not as if he had time to promote players after loan spells there. Are there any examples of him loaning a player out then releasing them?

It's all very well for Warburton saying this and that, but he hasn't utilised any youth players in any real capacity and has so far used the loan system in the way MasterD said. I would bet money that of every player on loan right now none of them will make it.

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

It's all very well for Warburton saying this and that, but he hasn't utilised any youth players in any real capacity and has so far used the loan system in the way MasterD said. I would bet money that of every player on loan right now none of them will make it.

They do tend to disappear and never return as better players. 

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm no sure I think Raith see a good player there but can't develop him the way we could and in the meantime it will help our u20's start winning games again. Not him alone, but if it's a route we are going down and do it with some others. I see it as mutually beneficial tbh.

I thought we were against building bridges with those who tried to kill us? 

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

Well he has said himself he is a big fan of the loan market, and doesn't see the benefit of young players sitting in our U20's. If he wanted rid of them he would do what he done with Gallagher last summer and Bell this summer albeit an older player. I don't know exactly what players Brentford used but he was there for 18 months, its not as if he had time to promote players after loan spells there. Are there any examples of him loaning a player out then releasing them?

Then why are Robbie Crawford and Andy Murdoch still on the payroll? Both are finished at Ibrox and haven't even been issued a squad number. 

24 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Do you think he was going to utilise youth players last season, one of the most critical we had as a club where promotion was the number one priority,not youth development.Do you believe this season is going to be any different when the expectations of over 42k ST holders number one priority is to win the league. Youth development will come as it has to but it will take time not 12 months and the talent has to be there to be developed.

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Do you think he was going to utilise youth players last season, one of the most critical we had as a club where promotion was the number one priority,not youth development.Do you believe this season is going to be any different when the expectations of over 42k ST holders number one priority is to win the league. Youth development will come as it has to but it will take time not 12 months and the talent has to be there to be developed.

So when's the right time then to develop them and give them games?

8 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Eh, aye. We walked the league last year with games to spare, and at times during games were plenty of goals ahead, if you aren't going to use them at that point then when are you?

1 minute ago, gazza27 said:

So when's the right time then to develop them and give them games?

Perhaps the plan to send some out to other clubs is getting them game time.Perhaps when the management judge they are ready.Perhaps when supporters won't go into melt down if a young player doesn't exactly play like some kind of new found Messi.Maybe then they will get their chance.

1 minute ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Eh, aye. We walked the league last year with games to spare, and at times during games were plenty of goals ahead, if you aren't going to use them at that point then when are you?

Not being smart mate but have you read some of the threads in here about our end to the season.We were losing 3 goals a game on average in our last ten games.Hardly the atmosphere to utilise youth.

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then why are Robbie Crawford and Andy Murdoch still on the payroll? Both are finished at Ibrox and haven't even been issued a squad number. 

Maybe because they can't find clubs, who knows. At least when the others were released they already had clubs to go to. 

I forgot about Gasparotto and Halkett, but these never had a sniff of first team football. Hardie on the other hand has and was given an extension last year, Thompson too was signed by this regime and has played first team football. I can understand people think because they aren't playing regularly they will never make it but that isn't how I see it. They will play when they are ready, Warburton doesn't feel they are ready yet to compete with Barton etc so they are going out on loan to help get them to that stage, simple. 

2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Not being smart mate but have you read some of the threads in here about our end to the season.We were losing 3 goals a game on average in our last ten games.Hardly the atmosphere to utilise youth.

Better than them not playing. 

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

Better than them not playing. 

I'm all for developing youth believe me.It will play a major part in the future of our club.When the players are ready and the management deem them good enough they will get their chance.

No idea why we've brought the young lad in, but I can think of a few beneficial possible reasons. 

Most important part is getting Jordan out with some competitive games in a decent league. Next year he has to start making an impact in our team though.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I thought we were against building bridges with those who tried to kill us? 

What a twisted bastard you are sometimes.

I am against it.

I've said clearly many many times I wouldn't give most Scottish clubs a thing. I still mean it. But the fact is we have gave Raith a player and I'm only outlining the benefits of what we get in return.

Outwith the top flight there's only 3 teams I think could bring our players on with first team football more than keeping them and training them with our facilities and methods and that's Dundee United, Hibs and Falkirk but I'd rather we released the player than co-operate with them in any shape or form.

Stop trying to pick fights.

I think it's a good idea as currently our under 20 squad is really young and it adds a bit of experience while letting us test the kid to see if he's good enough to challenge the first teamers. Also with the under 20s playing senior teams in the cups then a bit of experience could be helpful.  Barcelona and Real Madrid regularly loan other teams young players for their B teams.

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What a twisted bastard you are sometimes.

I am against it.

I've said clearly many many times I wouldn't give most Scottish clubs a thing. I still mean it. But the fact is we have gave Raith a player and I'm only outlining the benefits of what we get in return.

Outwith the top flight there's only 3 teams I think could bring our players on with first team football more than keeping them and training them with our facilities and methods and that's Dundee United, Hibs and Falkirk but I'd rather we released the player than co-operate with them in any shape or form.

Stop trying to pick fights.

So we gave Raith a player, which benefits Raith, and we have taken a young Raith player on loan, which benefits Raith. If Thompson follows the path of almost every player we sent out on loan last season he's finished here and will leave when his contract is up in the summer.

Glad you're happy to co-operate with this lot: http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/raith-rovers-chief-launches-furious-1131547#kFPocRUAwlySSUdW.97

Picking fights? Is that what you call someone disagreeing with you? It was taig talk last week apparently. Maybe you'll summon Gogzy and ask him to ban me.