Ross County Chairman

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard their chairman speaking before and think he sounds absolutely neutral towards other clubs. Seems totally focused on his own club which in this day and age is totally unheard of so the man(Roy McGregor) if I'm correct deserves credit for his views.

10 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

This time last year he slagging us of now we are up he praising us .He seeing pound signs .http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/mess-rangers-cost-scottish-football-5140360#rS9SuRI2I8s0BytF.97.

He said: “The number of 
full-time players in Scotland is diminishing the whole time.

“You’re going to see part-time football in the Premier League within two or three years – it’s definitely coming.

“It’s just straightforward economics. The fan bases are not there any more.

“And if you don’t entertain, eventually the quality will get less and the finances worse.

“The players of talent will 
either play for the biggest clubs 
in Scotland or go to England.

“The scenario of part-time teams in the Premiership is where it’s heading if, as a football nation, we don’t get crowds through the gates and get our act together.

“There have been a number of causes. The increased financial discipline of clubs has affected the brand and you can see that in the way we can’t even get 
a sponsor.

“My own belief is it will still 
be difficult to get a sponsor as long as Rangers behave the way they have been.

“We’re not projecting ourselves as businesses that can self-manage ourselves.”

As usual the headline is different to what he's saying.

Plus look at who was running the club back then.

If he's being a cunt then fuck him bin the thread :lol: 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He said: “The number of 
full-time players in Scotland is diminishing the whole time.

“You’re going to see part-time football in the Premier League within two or three years – it’s definitely coming.

“It’s just straightforward economics. The fan bases are not there any more.

“And if you don’t entertain, eventually the quality will get less and the finances worse.

“The players of talent will 
either play for the biggest clubs 
in Scotland or go to England.

“The scenario of part-time teams in the Premiership is where it’s heading if, as a football nation, we don’t get crowds through the gates and get our act together.

“There have been a number of causes. The increased financial discipline of clubs has affected the brand and you can see that in the way we can’t even get 
a sponsor.

“My own belief is it will still 
be difficult to get a sponsor as long as Rangers behave the way they have been.

“We’re not projecting ourselves as businesses that can self-manage ourselves.”

As usual the headline is different to what he's saying.

Plus look at who was running the club back then.

If he's being a cunt then fuck him bin the thread :lol: 

At that time the rats were almost out the door .He more less hinting in that article if wasnt for Rangers going in admin the teams will be going part time . Maybe I am seeing wrong but how I am seeing it . Now he comming across to me as now where up and can make money of us where his best friend.

5 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

The "Blue pound" is the worst phrase in human history, please stop using it

Ridiculous statement.

Using a short hand term for describing the huge financial contribution the rangers support make to Scottish football makes perfect sense. 

38 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

They all smell the Blue pound ! CUNTS every one of them ! I'll give Killie a bye right enough !:sherlock: 

Killie are absolute cunts too , they knew the vote was wrong but didnt have the balls to do the right thing( i realise their vote wouldnt have made a difference but abstaining was still a vote against )

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Ridiculous statement.

Using a short hand term for describing the huge financial contribution the rangers support make to Scottish football makes perfect sense. 

It sounds like a C-list superhero and quite frankly stupid. Just say "our money" instead.

First time poster - long term reader 

Roy MacGregor is one of the good guys. Accept what he says now and applaud him. We must all accept where the club was when he made the previous statement and the fact that DR 'reported' it.

Blue pound - Ross County need Rangers but we need them too - or at least 10 similar

1 hour ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Roy Mcgregor is a smart man, met him quite a few times... Decent person and he is spot on in his assessment. 

Don't think many business owners in Invergordon, Tain,Alness,Evanton,Dingwall etc would agree he's a decent person.

You're right though credit where it's due he didn't have to say what he did so he deserves respect for that.

20 minutes ago, Helicopter4 said:

Roy MacGregor is one of the good guys. Accept what he says now and applaud him. We must all accept where the club was when he made the previous statement and the fact that DR 'reported' it.

Blue pound - Ross County need Rangers but we need them too - or at least 10 similar

So with that logic we might aswell praise Dundee United owner .Think were be to easy one these people this man slagged us when we were at our lowest now that were back to our old sleves he wanting jump on bandwagon and make pound out of us . 

25 minutes ago, Helicopter4 said:

Ok Roy