Chequebook oot King

GOAT

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

We do, but we have swapped that, I hope, for better options and more quality. 

We couldn't field an entire bench in a few games last year due to injury to remove numbers from that is utterly stupid.

I admit we are a lot stronger now in terms of our 11 and most of the cover but we need numbers too. Or at least add Ricky Foster style versatile players in but I don't see us doing that either.

17 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

you maybe correct, I see him as keeping the club in stasis until the ownership court case has been finalised. All the board need to do realistically is make the books balance to comply with the FFP rules.

That has nothing to do with the running of the club now, whatever happens in the court case is about oldco & share issue, not the football club.

3 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

MW: We need one more up front and one more at the back. We are working hard behind the scenes to get deals done.

We need 2 quality CB's  at least, if we want to challenge for Europe, otherwise its a very big gamble by Dave King

Last year is gone, beating wee teams is easy, now the real stuff starts & we have looked dodgy in 3 games against half decent teams winning only 1 of them.

5 hours ago, terry739 said:

Agree with this.

When I think back a couple of years to the situation we, as a club, were in, both financially and legally, I remember lots of guys on here saying that when we got sorted we should NEVER allow ourselves to get into such a financial mess EVER again. (Caps intentional!)

Now...we have guys wanting us to spend money which we clearly don't have! Some are hoping that a rich benefactor will appear!

Some years back one did...David Murray! Aptly nicknamed 'The Mint'. 

Well........look what happened...Yes, we saw some of the greatest football I've ever witnessed, we had some unbelievable European nights at the Brox, and we had some outstanding footballers!

Then the shit hit the fan!

We're probably not going to see that level of investment again! We need to work and spend within our means, produce our own players and hopefully sell them for a profit. 

When I think what Warbs has achieved in such a short space of time and with such a relatively small outlay I have belief in both him and the Board!

Give them a chance.... 

We'll get there guys, but I think we'll need just a wee bit of patience.

Never Forget Never Forgive

here's a rare idea but perhaps people just want that arsehole king to deliver on the promises he made to gain control and he promised that if we did our bit he would step up and he has done fuck all.

34 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

here's a rare idea but perhaps people just want that arsehole king to deliver on the promises he made to gain control and he promised that if we did our bit he would step up and he has done fuck all.

I keep thinking King does not really care where we finish in the league race, and yes I know MW keeps saying he is happy with the money that the Board is giving him.

Also if the English market is so difficult to deal in then why are we not looking elsewhere in the world for players :unsure: 

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I keep thinking King does not really care where we finish in the league race, and yes I know MW keeps saying he is happy with the money that the Board is giving him.

Also if the English market is so difficult to deal in then why are we not looking elsewhere in the world for players :unsure: 

I think as long as we finish top 4 then he is happy tbh and that isn't good enough for us as long as we are in europe I think king is thinking that's ok.

If Warburton said anything else then there would be all sorts of hell aimed his way from kings supporters and forced out the door for his "demands"

Its where we are getting our best players from so its worth looking at but I don't care where we get our new players from as long as they do well for us.

1 hour ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

That has nothing to do with the running of the club now, whatever happens in the court case is about oldco & share issue, not the football club.

You maybe correct but I was of the understanding, that If Sevco Scotland lose the ownership battle to Sevco 5088, then the club will return to BDO to be sold. If that is the case then DK investing huge sums now would be foolish It would raise the value and DK would have to pay more to buy it back should CG lose.

34 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I think as long as we finish top 4 then he is happy tbh and that isn't good enough for us as long as we are in europe I think king is thinking that's ok.

If Warburton said anything else then there would be all sorts of hell aimed his way from kings supporters and forced out the door for his "demands"

Its where we are getting our best players from so its worth looking at but I don't care where we get our new players from as long as they do well for us.

My thoughts as well. (tu)