Joey Barton

simon

1 hour ago, theweebluenose said:

A few hiccups but thought he was decent, a few games and he'll cut out those mistakes.

Tav was my MOTM though, for someone who is criticised for his defensive efforts I thought he defended well today.

Tav was really good defensively today and long may that continue.  Loved Barton's second half, thought he was awesome.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Was average today,

You obviously weren't at the game as that's a bullshit statement. He was our best player by miles today few stray passes but more than made up for it always tracking back gettin a tackle in then was bursting forward. And was really unlucky with the shot he had right at the end though it was in all the way till keeper saved it 

I thought he did OK.  He gave us some much needed dig and put in some decent tackles. His passing wasnt great by any means.

I thought he put himself too many times into a third CB to receive a pass. There seemed at times to be no centre of the park as he was too deep. That threesome of him , Niko and Halliday just didn't work at all.

I'd like Rossiter sitting and move him further forward.

Him getting MOM was a reflection of how shite we were today.

If there were any doubts about him they should be dismissed as of now. Barton is exactly what this team has been crying out for. Doesn't hide, in that respect he is the perfect midfielder; always wants the ball; was willing to take responsibility and play a leader's role in many respects. Players like Barton are leaders, they don't need to be motivated by anyone else, and he is going to be some player for us this season. He has played at the very highest level, and it shows.

9 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

I think hes a tidy player but we were playing fast free flowing football and closing opposition down far quicker before he came . Our whole style has changed to suit him it feels.

Or perhaps its just a coincidence we have a bad game and he is in the team? I don't see how our whole style has changed to suit him, he doesn't dictate our front line and midfield closing them down. The fast flowing football is largely down to Kranjcar and Hill IMO, Niko doesn't release the ball fast enough and lets players run on to both him and others before he finally makes his pass and Hill is exactly the same, as bad as people say Kiernan is, he is good at finding passes into the midfield quickly or spraying it out wide.

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The Rossiter Barton Halliday one will work.

Not sure, I don't see any of them as major creative players. 

We play 10x better with Forrester, Holt or Windass in the middle.

Want to see -

Windass Rossiter/Barton Holt

Forrester Wagorn McKay.

Little bit naive from MW today bringing on Rossiter for Halliday, McKay should of moved centrally and brought on Dodoo for Halliday 

3 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

He looked like a man who just had his eyes opened. Talking shite is one thing, but producing on the park is another. He better getting his bedding in form dealt with before the taigs game. 

I was quite happy that he took shots at the goal, he got pretty close on the occasions he did. Which is something I'd like to see more off. Especially from McKay, Tav and Waghorn. 

They all have the power and accuracy. They just need to gamble it.

Just now, ChampionsAgain said:

Not sure, I don't see any of them as major creative players. 

We play 10x better with Forrester, Holt or Windass in the middle.

Want to see -

Windass Rossiter/Barton Holt

Forrester Wagorn McKay.

Little bit naive from MW today bringing on Rossiter for Halliday, McKay should of moved centrally and brought on Dodoo for Halliday 

I thought Barton played very well further up, we should consider Rossiter and Barton, with Windass/Halliday/Forrester as options to play with Barton.

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I thought Barton played very well further up, we should consider Rossiter and Barton, with Windass/Halliday/Forrester as options to play with Barton.

I don't think so, Not the kinda player that makes runs in behind the defence, that's what we were missing today. I looks like today we have pretty much sacrificed 3/4 players going forward. Tav/Wallace not as forward as much and the 2 cms didn't make any runs in behind the defence til Forrester came on. 

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

I don't think so, Not the kinda player that makes runs in behind the defence, that's what we were missing today. I looks like today we have pretty much sacrificed 3/4 players going forward. Tav/Wallace not as forward as much and the 2 cms didn't make any runs in behind the defence til Forrester came on. 

I get your point, but I thought Barton was way above anything else we had on the park. When he went forward he was pulling the strings. That second half performance told me we had a player. I think Rossiter, Barton, and Halliday should be our midfield three next week.