Souness...A paranoid Protestant too?

A.T.G

Souness with his arrogance would have been good to defend our club at the time,  but with the clowns that were running around in the boardroom at the time it was difficult for anyone to manage and recruit players and that's not me defending Ally McCoist 

Never seem that interview before but never a truer word spoken regarding the hatred. It is cancerous and they cunts do go to bed thinking about it. Met the guy on s few occasions and he's a true legend in my eyes, and it should never be doubted he knows he made a mistake in leaving when he did. 

Love how he talks about our club, very smart old fashioned man, love him on sky sports, see's how football has been consumed by money in England, and calls out all the pretenders in that league, legend,

Great watch that! Thanks for sharing.

It's hard listening to him say that he found the negative press/comments hard to take. It really felt like this decision had cost us the title, so what did he expect? Mind you, he did want to stay to the end of the season. I remember feeling hatred for him at the time. Of course, all that disappeared when we won the title, and I love the guy now. Always fights our corner when needed.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

World class player who would have commanded a position in any team on the planet, crackin manager too but should never have done what he did to us.

It would have only happened if/when Liverpool called him - after playing for them for six years and the success that they achieved during that time turned his head.

No other club would have encouraged him away - but just shows, if he didn't leave, we'd never have witnessed Walter, and I think Walter turned out to be a better Rangers manager than Souness.

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Marvellous bastard, if only a could have witnessed him play/manage.

Graham Souness is largely responsible for the hatred the manky mob feel towards us mate. Not saying it wasn't there before but by fuck did he make them feel inferior. Rangers couldn't have hand picked anyone better to take us forward at that time and Souness absolutely revelled in it.  He embodied everything they despise right down to that big Presbyterian moustache. He was young and confident, and projected an assurance when he spoke that let them know they were up against a superior opponent. Coupled with the big names he was able to bring to Scotland he well and truly put septic in their place and they fucking reviled the man for that.

I'm still convinced to this day, some of the strokes that slant eyed bastard across the city pulls are in his eyes  viewed as payback for the humiliation and hurt Souness and Murray inflicted on his club.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Marvellous bastard, if only a could have witnessed him play/manage.

We never really got to see him play much at Ibrox, I think he scored once against Aberdeen when the ball barley crossed the line, sent off at Easter rd, Aberdeen and at the beggers but saw him for Scotland and Sampsoria and expecially Liverpool a few times and in today's market in England if Stone and Sterling are work £50m then Souness in his prime was worth £75m or more, he was never second best and as hard as they came but he could play a bit as well, liked to control games and often did.  

1 hour ago, Gazza1212 said:

Graham Souness is largely responsible for the hatred the manky mob feel towards us mate. Not saying it wasn't there before but by fuck did he make them feel inferior. Rangers couldn't have hand picked anyone better to take us forward at that time and Souness absolutely revelled in it.  He embodied everything they despise right down to that big Presbyterian moustache. He was young and confident, and projected an assurance when he spoke that let them know they were up against a superior opponent. Coupled with the big names he was able to bring to Scotland he well and truly put septic in their place and they fucking reviled the man for that.

I'm still convinced to this day, some of the strokes that slant eyed bastard across the city pulls are in his eyes  viewed as payback for the humiliation and hurt Souness and Murray inflicted on his club.

The bheasts have an inbred (pardon the pun) hatred of all things rangers,for me he stirred up the hatred in the fans from the wee clubs such as aberdeen hearts and hibs 

While growing up I was aware of a bond between hearts fans and bears,nowdays their hatred of us is right up there with the rest,very few and probably no hearts fans under 50 have a "soft spot" for us,

On facebook last night it was obvious the hatred of our club is a cancer in our country,the comments from other fans were pure euphoric that this "new club" failed to win,no similar comments were made a few weeks back from bears when hearts got dumped by a team from malta 

Iv no doubt that despite yesterdays slip up we will go on to have a real good season,and by god will every one of those 3points will be sweet,sweet knowing that there are folk out there that wont sleep well knowing that rangers have won that day,wins against the bheasts sheep and gorgie fuds will be enjoyed to the maximum

The same Souness who said on Sky when they were trying to title strip we should "take our medicine" 

you know for all I can't stand McCoist at least he actually knew what this meant to the fans no-one else really stuck up for us when we needed them during that time - apart from the likes of Neil McCann and Alex McLeish 

i know BP9 will be along in a minute but some comments from the likes of Souness, A Rae, Billy Dodds, Charlie Adam, Richard Gough etc really stick in my craw and will never leave me despite others excuses for them 

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

The bheasts have an inbred (pardon the pun) hatred of all things rangers,for me he stirred up the hatred in the fans from the wee clubs such as aberdeen hearts and hibs 

While growing up I was aware of a bond between hearts fans and bears,nowdays their hatred of us is right up there with the rest,very few and probably no hearts fans under 50 have a "soft spot" for us,

On facebook last night it was obvious the hatred of our club is a cancer in our country,the comments from other fans were pure euphoric that this "new club" failed to win,no similar comments were made a few weeks back from bears when hearts got dumped by a team from malta 

Iv no doubt that despite yesterdays slip up we will go on to have a real good season,and by god will every one of those 3points will be sweet,sweet knowing that there are folk out there that wont sleep well knowing that rangers have won that day,wins against the bheasts sheep and gorgie fuds will be enjoyed to the maximum

Not sure I agree he stirred up hatred among the others. Controversy yes, but for me the hatred as you rightly say that's inbred into bheasts was compounded ten fold when Souness arrived.  Fenianism is a  growing cancer throughout this wee country of ours and its probably closer to the truth to say their ilk has infiltrated the provincial clubs  over the years wherever they settle. I know this for a fact as far as Aberdeen go as I lived there for 5 years. The Tim element within the support always fan the flames when it comes to us. They can't help themselves. I look at clubs like Motherwell and Kilmarnock who've traditionally been closer to us than them. You can bet its the cunts whose names start with Mc that put the knife in first.  Not necessarily so a few short  decades ago mate.

We're still the majority in Scotland so it's never too late to reverse the trend in my opinion but more people need to switch on to the damage the obsessive filth are doing.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

The same Souness who said on Sky when they were trying to title strip we should "take our medicine" 

you know for all I can't stand McCoist at least he actually knew what this meant to the fans no-one else really stuck up for us when we needed them during that time - apart from the likes of Neil McCann and Alex McLeish 

i know BP9 will be along in a minute but some comments from the likes of Souness, A Rae, Billy Dodds, Charlie Adam, Richard Gough etc really stick in my craw and will never leave me despite others excuses for them 

We all demanded that Rangers are relegated to the lowest division and not the championship - if that could be construed as "taking our medicine" then so be it.  Can't recall Souness saying anything nasty or detrimental of RFC or RFC supporters - in fact he has only good to say.