fitness

Jaffinoz

2 minutes ago, Jaffinoz said:

we can dress it up anyway we like but wexwere shite yesterday. I will however state that imo fitness of the players was shocking with at least half the team only 50% ready for the season. 

A bit harsh that mate, is it not?

I agree that Niko looked well short of match fitness, and Joey was puffing a bit towards the end, but he did put in a shift, & was awarded MOM. It's still early doors, we never had a proper pre-season, I think that we used the Bet Fred as our pre-season, and this was our first proper game.

3 hours ago, Jaffinoz said:

we can dress it up anyway we like but wexwere shite yesterday. I will however state that imo fitness of the players was shocking with at least half the team only 50% ready for the season. 

:lol: we drew yesterday but fitness was not to blame - yep Nico looked less than sharp but got a god 60min in - the fitness levels if the others was spot on 

We were pretty shit, but there was nothing discernible to say there was a fitness issue, Kranjcar aside. The only reason Hamilton came on to us a bit in the last 5 minutes was because we were down to ten men.

32 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We were pretty shit, but there was nothing discernible to say there was a fitness issue, Kranjcar aside. The only reason Hamilton came on to us a bit in the last 5 minutes was because we were down to ten men.

Pretty much this.

I'd say there is a lack of dynamism and zip about our play, but reckon that's down to the way certain players play rather than fitness. Windass and Holt have that in their locker more than yesterday's midfield 3.