***Scottish Premiership Thread***

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Not many teams in this country have the quality to test their defence or contain their attack.  We cannot rely on other teams to take points off them. 

I actually think some teams have the quality up top. However it's more to do with their formation, belief and how they set up. The reality is if most teams set up like St Johnstone that mob will probably score. If you have a go though at least you'll have a chance and I don't think you even have to be that good.

That Israel mob were terrible. They sat in. Got punished. They opened up and scored twice. They retreated and sat in again and got punished.

Fuck this pish. I'm out! Ha!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Far too early to say that. For every team. 

Have you seen the way they're playing?  I don't see them dropping many points at all.  Last year they finished with 86pts and they look like a much improved side under Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It's like a training game for the scum, SJ just aren't trying and they're incapable of doing anything.

It's hard to say. They are on a big unbeaten run, so they've been good recently. I don't think they're intentionally not trying, but they struggle to do anything when they get the ball and they look afraid of the counter. It's more like they've frozen a bit.

Trying to compare our style v the scum, SJ are parking the bus, something we're well aware of, however the scum seem to attack the box more, we seem to get up to the box and pass it around looking for a break, they just seem to do things that bit faster IMO.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Trying to compare our style v the scum, SJ are parking the bus, something we're well aware of, however the scum seem to attack the box more, we seem to get up to the box and pass it around looking for a break, they just seem to do things that bit faster IMO.

I'd say they're more direct.  Once they have it in a dangerous area they're looking to hit quickly and make something happen.  We tend to pass the ball back the way and gives the opposition defence time to reorganise. 

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Of course they attack the box more. What good is it to dive and get free kicks on the half way line.:rolleyes::thumbup:

9 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Not watching the game but seen a bit of one of their last games and they were playing like we did in the first few months under MW.

I've no idea why but we went from quick attacking to a slower tempo, over-passing, and possession with no purpose. Hopefully when Holt & Windass get in the team they can make our play a bit more direct as teams in Scotland can't handle playing against that. If we continue to play like we have done we'll drop points all over the place.

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Sutton STILL going on about forrester from last week, straight after the thumb just hacked McKay when on a yellow!! I despise him I wish he would fuck off back under whatever rock he came from!

he shouldn't be on the park anyways, he was already oon a yellow before he ran into the crowd, by letter of the laws thats a yellow card however once again, cuntboy bottled it

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'd say they're more direct.  Once they have it in a dangerous area they're looking to hit quickly and make something happen.  We tend to pass the ball back the way and gives the opposition defence time to reorganise. 

You put it better than I did (tu)