***Scottish Premiership Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Have you seen the way they're playing?  I don't see them dropping many points at all.  Last year they finished with 86pts and they look like a much improved side under Rodgers.

The new manager effect gives everyone confidence especially when it's a big name. Far too early to be making stupid predictions though. The scum and ourselves had been finishing on roughly that amount of points every year pre-2012 so it's hardly surprising. Considering their history with bottling it under pressure coupled with the extra competition through the CL they're likely to get then making any kind of prediction this early is, as I say, stupid. 

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Can guarantee St Johnstone will up their game x10 when they play us. 

Scottish football is a cesspit of hate against Rangers. What we need is the mentality to deal with it

Fuck them mate. We will need to come through all these cunts if we are serious about lifting the title. Will make it all the sweeter if and when we can:dioufcheer:

6 minutes ago, Clunge said:

Is the Lego muncher still good enough for the EPL after today? Were his performances against the footballing powerhouses of Israel, Kazakhstan and Gibraltar enough to push his transfer value up?

He has never been good enough. 

Don't think he has ever been linked with the premiership. He would struggle hugely. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Don't think he has ever been linked with the premiership. He would struggle hugely. 

Will need to tell that to Brenda, the deluded tranny shagger!

1 minute ago, Clunge said:

Will need to tell that to Brenda, the deluded tranny shagger!

I don't think they have another CDM tho.  I'm certain Rodgers will bring in his own players but that will take time.  I can see Gordon getting phased out pretty quickly as they'll want to introduced the new guy and get the sweeper keeper system going ASAP.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

The new manager effect gives everyone confidence especially when it's a big name. Far too early to be making stupid predictions though. The scum and ourselves had been finishing on roughly that amount of points every year pre-2012 so it's hardly surprising. Considering their history with bottling it under pressure coupled with the extra competition through the CL they're likely to get then making any kind of prediction this early is, as I say, stupid. 

We're not as strong as we were pre 2012. 

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Killie just can't find a decent manager. Relegation and a rebuilding job could actually do them some good.

I have to disagree on that one. They are in a perilous financial state and I think relegation could possibly place them in admin or it would take several years for them to come back from.

Again I don't think Clark is a dreadful manager but he has been in charge of some basket case clubs which maybe tells its own story. 

1 minute ago, Shetland Bear said:

I have to disagree on that one. They are in a perilous financial state and I think relegation could possibly place them in admin or it would take several years for them to come back from.

Again I don't think Clark is a dreadful manager but he has been in charge of some basket case clubs which maybe tells its own story. 

Can't disagree with that to be honest. If they did go down they'd need a massive revival from their fans and pack their stadium out to avoid admin, which would never happen.

On 20 August 2016 at 2:19 PM, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That's the thing, the mhedia up here and people with a vested interest like Brenda say he is good enough to play in the Premiership, yet no Premiership club has even shown the slightest bit of interest in him. He wouldn't even stand out in the Championship down there.

On 8/22/2016 at 10:52 PM, borderbear said:

Hearts looked good, flattered by a shite ICT who sat off them. Hearts might be alright going forward, but still no where near good enough at the back to challenge us IMO, same goes for the Sheep.

Yes i think they look very good going forward though ICT done nothing themselves and defended woefully, but I liked the way Cowie, Sammon and Watt combined. I think they were a bit unlucky against cellic and  I dont have your belief that they wont challenge us. I think they look capable of beating us as their forward line is a real handful. We will have to play well to beat them.

36 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Yes i think they look very good going forward though ICT done nothing themselves and defended woefully, but I liked the way Cowie, Sammon and Watt combined. I think they were a bit unlucky against cellic and  I dont have your belief that they wont challenge us. I think they look capable of beating us as their forward line is a real handful. We will have to play well to beat them.

I agree those 3 will cause us bother- particularly Watt but will be interesting to see how they cope with less time and space against the high press. I can see our attacking threat causing them more bother, that CB pairing looked shaky against Celtic, Soutter's we'll know for his quality as a footballer more than as a defender. We don't play them until mid October, and I admit my confidence is based on the expectation that we will have gelled by then, with a settle CH pairing and more balance in the middle of the park.