“I would say this year, we should at least come second.”

GOAT

7 hours ago, ianferguson said:

If King said he was looking to come second I'd sympathise with the usual wingers, the fact it's a statement qualified by his two most  important words "AT LEAST " means I don'thave to get my knickers in a twist while he also takes the pressure of Warburton . Warburton  will though be out of a job if 55 is not achieved this season or next, guaranteed. 

King will NEVER EVER sack Warburton.

He wouldn't /couldn't afford to spent anything like what it would cost to replace him with a manager of equal ability.

The only thing that would stop us winning this league in the next 2 seasons is that tight fisted bullshitter who came in on the back of a bunch of lies.

We need a proper board full of proper business men, who are trusted enough to bring in outside investment and business partnerships.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bluegecko said:

No one's asking him to say that.  There was no need for the comment. He knows full well what the media here are like and how they'll twist it. He's meant to be smarter than this.

Former shadow or not 2nd is nothing here and not an acceptable target in the hearts of the fans and club. We all know where we're coming from but you don't say it. NO SURRENDER EVER!

It wasn't said for the media, it was for the fans that expect us to win the league this year.

1 hour ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

King will NEVER EVER sack Warburton.

He wouldn't /couldn't afford to spent anything like what it would cost to replace him with a manager of equal ability.

The only thing that would stop us winning this league in the next 2 seasons is that tight fisted bullshitter who came in on the back of a bunch of lies.

We need a proper board full of proper business men, who are trusted enough to bring in outside investment and business partnerships.

ouch!

“I would say our position now in terms of what I would call the control and ability to influence the outcome of the commercial situations is far advanced relative to what it was three months ago.

What does DK mean when he says control and ability to influence the outcome?

“I want to see us competitive in Europe. Celtic haven’t been competitive in Europe even with the budget they’ve got. I don’t think it’s just about money, it’s about how well you spend the money.

Does DK mean they've not spotted someone good enough for the money they've got in the budget?

Our wage bill was less than a third of theirs last season. We've got rid of a lot of shit on high wages.

They've added Rodgers for example, £45,000 a week. You honestly believe we could ever afford that? They can't even afford it, without Champions League football. Warburton was supposedly on £6,000 a week last season, with his new deal taking him to £12,000. We really need to concentrate on getting rid of the retail deal and qualifying for European football again. Our income has been horrible for years in comparison to them, when was the last time we made a few quid on a player? Alan fucking Hutton 8 years ago. We're trying to be a self sustaining football club, not have somebody bankroll us. Unless any Sheikhs are looking to get rid of a few Bob.

I'd have said the same thing before Saturday, and then I had a reality check. We were fucking awful, and have been since after the Semi-Final. What he said is correct, people just have to stop being delusional. "We're Rangers, we don't do second best." We've done nothing for the last 5 years because we've not been in the league for the majority of it. As I said, I'm sure I said somewhere something similar not all that long ago, but we really need to concentrate on having some kind of form on the field before anything else. We needed to strengthen, and we have done. Enormously. We've got rid of Clark, Law, Templeton, Shiels, Bell and replaced them with Barton, Windass, Rossiter, Crooks, Kranjcar, Gilks, Hodson, Dodoo and Hill. People are judging the team after one game. We beat Motherwell, who I'd say are considerably better than Hamilton. Give it until January before coming to any harsh decisions. Not after the fucking first game. :lol: Honestly, the reaction of some people on here is hilarious.

Sacking Warburton if we don't create a challenge this season? Please :lol:doh:anguish: He's the best thing that's happened to our club in a very long time. In the modern day football, 9 out of 10 teams are selling clubs.

Some good points in this thread. Many not so. David Murray was all right when he was spending money that wasn't his. As many people have said, why the fuck would King come out and say "We must finish first, nothing else is good enough for Rangers" etc. Fail to see how putting such pressure is going to do any more good than harm. 

I agree that some of King's comments in the media are fucking horrendous, but at least he's speaking up for us. The last few not to be named men at the helm, were too busy making an arse of it behind the scenes to say anything.

Let's concentrate on Peterhead this evening, and then Dundee on Saturday.

Gogzy's post on the first page is by a fucking country mile the best in this thread. I wish I could like it 10 times. Everything King said in that segment of the interview is 100% factual.

26 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Our wage bill was less than a third of theirs last season. We've got rid of a lot of shit on high wages.

They've added Rodgers for example, £45,000 a week. You honestly believe we could ever afford that? They can't even afford it, without Champions League football. Warburton was supposedly on £6,000 a week last season, with his new deal taking him to £12,000. We really need to concentrate on getting rid of the retail deal and qualifying for European football again. Our income has been horrible for years in comparison to them, when was the last time we made a few quid on a player? Alan fucking Hutton 8 years ago. We're trying to be a self sustaining football club, not have somebody bankroll us. Unless any Sheikhs are looking to get rid of a few Bob.

I'd have said the same thing before Saturday, and then I had a reality check. We were fucking awful, and have been since after the Semi-Final. What he said is correct, people just have to stop being delusional. "We're Rangers, we don't do second best." We've done nothing for the last 5 years because we've not been in the league for the majority of it. As I said, I'm sure I said somewhere something similar not all that long ago, but we really need to concentrate on having some kind of form on the field before anything else. We needed to strengthen, and we have done. Enormously. We've got rid of Clark, Law, Templeton, Shiels, Bell and replaced them with Barton, Windass, Rossiter, Crooks, Kranjcar, Gilks, Hodson, Dodoo and Hill. People are judging the team after one game. We beat Motherwell, who I'd say are considerably better than Hamilton. Give it until January before coming to any harsh decisions. Not after the fucking first game. :lol: Honestly, the reaction of some people on here is hilarious.

Sacking Warburton if we don't create a challenge this season? Please :lol:doh:anguish: He's the best thing that's happened to our club in a very long time. In the modern day football, 9 out of 10 teams are selling clubs.

Some good points in this thread. Many not so. David Murray was all right when he was spending money that wasn't his. As many people have said, why the fuck would King come out and say "We must finish first, nothing else is good enough for Rangers" etc. Fail to see how putting such pressure is going to do any more good than harm. 

I agree that some of King's comments in the media are fucking horrendous, but at least he's speaking up for us. The last few not to be named men at the helm, were too busy making an arse of it behind the scenes to say anything.

Gogzy's post on the first page is by a fucking country mile the best in this thread. I wish I could like it 10 times. Everything King said in that segment of the interview is 100% factual.

Great post,the staunch as fuck or in other words the posters that will slate King at the drop of a hat need a reality check.

i can kind of understand what he means but what a stupid thing to come out and say. if we aren't first and winning stuff then it's simply not good enough. i would love if we won the 55th title this season but we need to be a bit realistic. if we got into second place we'd still be getting into european football and he has always said we will strengthen again for that. once we do that then we'll be in a much better position to win the league if we haven't done it already. 

i understand how it can piss people off what he said and i know we all love the club but need to start thinking with our heads and not hearts if we want to rebuild our club properly. if we start throwing money at the problem then we'll have learnt nothing from the mistakes previous boards made that got us in this mess.

21 hours ago, GOAT said:

If accepting second best is common in the boardroom where does that end in the club?  Does warburton and the players now think getting away with second best is acceptable if our own fucking chairman thinks it's acceptable. 

Absolute shocker of a comment.

Perhaps he got the comment from the manager, after all he is the one that knows how good his squad are. How much money do I have for players, next to nothing, well we will not win the league, no way the boardroom is going to argue with a manager who has nothing to spend on players and has attracted some decent players in this summer.

Quite simply this board do not have the money and the only thing they are buying is time, also I can't see any money being spent next year even if we do make Europe.

2 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Too fucking sensible.  Reality needs to be separated from fantasy and wishful thinking.  Too many seem to think the last five years has gone away but we'll be feeling the effects for a few years yet unfortunately.  Not until the Tax Case is finally put to bed, the retail deals are dealt with (amongst other things) will we be able to say with absolute certainty that we really are back.  Until these things are sorted we're still fighting with a hand behind our back.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And yet, if you do some research into those days you will find that David Holmes called the League win in 87 as something that happened ahead of schedule.

And what, has King given us any schedule? No 

All he goes on about is how far they are ahead of us, as if we should be grateful they allow us to even play in the same league. 

Holmes also gave his manager every chance to get ahead of schedule, something that can't be said for King. 

3 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

If we want to be self sustaining in Scottish football we'll never win the league again

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

And what, has King given us any schedule? No 

All he goes on about is how far they are ahead of us, as if we should be grateful they allow us to even play in the same league. 

I'm not a King apologist, but that isn't the message I get from him at all. I see a long term strategy for the good of the club that acknowledges what is before us. I think we have a manager who clearly has the best standards in the game, and possibly even a perfectionist. Where that takes us we'll see, but two years ago we lost to Hearts in the opening game, and we have made great progress in that time. Where will the club be next season even? I would guess that we will be ahead again, especially with the added factor of European football.

5 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

(tu)

Can't believe that some fans still believe a word that comes out of Kings mouth, a proven liar before he came in and a proven liar again now he's in, he simply wants to put in enough cash and effort to keep us afloat and no more, he thinks "going for 55" is as simple as putting a wee hashtag saying so beside your quotes instead of actually going for it with investment in the team and some fans just lap it up

4 hours ago, Willis said:

Can't believe that some fans still believe a word that comes out of Kings mouth, a proven liar before he came in and a proven liar again now he's in, he simply wants to put in enough cash and effort to keep us afloat and no more, he thinks "going for 55" is as simple as putting a wee hashtag saying so beside your quotes instead of actually going for it with investment in the team and some fans just lap it up

What an ungrateful spoilt shite of a man you are. 

17 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

I think one thing we can all agree on is that King is absolutely not media savvy. 

He really should just stay quiet at times and get on with whatever it is he actually does, ain't the first time he's had a nightmare and I dare say it won't be the last. 

I don't know that he's not media savvy but I do think his difficulty lies in the fact that he has never before come accross anything as biased as the Scottish 4th Estate. I mean, what other country would tolerate an organisation like the BBC in Scotland that quite deliberately disenfranchises a huge section of the population in support of a journalist who deliberately misled Rangers' supporters and made a documentary distinguished only by a catalogue of lies.

From such a box of turds it's hard to pick out the chocolate.