**** Official 2016 Ryder Cup Thread ****

12 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Or you could flip it round and say Clarke has let Europe down badly by a) giving Westwood and Kaymer wild cards and b) continuing to play them both too much over the past 3 days!

bit of both I don't think Clarkes been the best captain tbh I know there all friends really but its been to pally all week for my liking hahahaha

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

This! Clarke fucked up with two of his captains picks. Donald, Casey and Knox have all been playing well in the States and would've been the better options. He was always going to pick Westwood as he's his mate. ?

I always thought Noren would have been a decent shout too. Had a great season and also very Stenson-esque.

Experience at the Ryder Cup can be overrated at times in my opinion, especially with what some of these young guys are producing. They show no fear and their ability is off the charts. As such, for future Ryder Cups guys like Westwood, Kaymer, Poulter, G Mac even Donald, if they don't qualify by merit should have difficulties in gaining the wild card. We need strong captains who primarily pick players on ability and form. Obviously if any of the players I mentioned are playing well they are a shoe in given the addition of their experience but quite simply we can't just pick players on what they produced years ago hoping they may be able to rediscover something.........

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The Americans have just outputted us this week on probably the best greens you'll see.

also the easiest rough and bunkers you'll ever play. That's why I don't see them winning in Europe anytime soon. Everything is perfect for them and we are still challenging.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

also the easiest rough and bunkers you'll ever play. That's why I don't see them winning in Europe anytime soon. Everything is perfect for them and we are still challenging.

Challenging? It's going to be a pumping

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

A wee bit of wind and drizzle and their game goes to fuck 

they are just such bad winners, bad losers as well for that matter, didn't they bounce the European team after medinah in the post match stuff

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Lawrie as next captain Imo. Can the same captain do it twice back2back

Yeah if hes picked as there is no rule against it. However Europe tend to pick a different one every game. The Yanks have used Love before though.

6 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

A wee bit of wind and drizzle and their game goes to fuck 

they are just such bad winners, bad losers as well for that matter, didn't they bounce the European team after medinah in the post match stuff

aye the party or whatever it is afterwards they patched it.

Many things have gone wrong for Europe from day one but if, as hoped Rose and Rory had won, it would have changed everything. It's 11 1/2 - 9 1/2 just now. If Rose and Rory won it would be 9 1/2 - 11 1/2 to Europe. If Westwood and Garcia won we would be on 13 1/2 and would have just needed one half from the last 5 matches to retain. To be fair that looks unlikely now but if Rory was on the board it may have given the tail end more encouragement and fight. As most have said the Rory match was massive...........

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Many things have gone wrong for Europe from day one but if, as hoped Rose and Rory had won, it would have changed everything. It's 11 1/2 - 9 1/2 just now. If Rose and Rory won it would be 9 1/2 - 11 1/2 to Europe. If Westwood and Garcia won we would be on 13 1/2 and would have just needed one half from the last 5 matches to retain. To be fair that looks unlikely now but if Rory was on the board it may have given the tail end more encouragement and fight. As most have said the Rory match was massive...........

Had Westwood sunk that putt last night and rose even got a half earlier then we might have just got to 14, all ifs and buts. The Americans have been great on greens and we haven't 

admiral performance, but just left to much to do after first session