Negativity

gsa

I'm not usually one for this type of post but I feel it's appropriate in light of Saturday. 

At the moment, for me, supporting Rangers is an absolute pleasure and more enjoyable than at any time in the last 10 years. I include the Smith years in that. Yes we had some memorable title wins and of course the European run but going to Ibrox every second week then wasn't as enjoyable as it is now. 

This bitchy, whining, "we deserve better" attitude displayed by some (not all) of our fans is embarrassing. 

Have people forgotten the state we were in? The Scottish football establishment tried to end us, the media feasted on our woes and their inaccurate and biased coverage did incalcuble damage. We had charlatan after charlatan in the boardroom seeking their pound of flesh. On the pitch we were an utter shambles. 

Now we have a decent (not great) but decent team to watch. Some exciting young players, some limited (but hungry) players and one or two experienced pro's. We have a good manager, the academy has finally been dragged into the modern age. Our style of football is enjoyable and exciting.

I look forward to every single game at the moment and I can't understand why some entitled "supporters" want to piss and moan about signing players, about the defence, King opening his chequebook, etc.

Be patient. The team isn't perfect, there are some deficiencies but I personally can't fault any of the current squad for effort and application and we haven't always been able to say that. 

This is a good time to be a Rangers fan. Ibrox should be vibrating every Saturday from now until May. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'm not usually one for this type of post but I feel it's appropriate in light of Saturday. 

At the moment, for me, supporting Rangers is an absolute pleasure and more enjoyable than at any time in the last 10 years. I include the Smith years in that. Yes we had some memorable title wins and of course the European run but going to Ibrox every second week then wasn't as enjoyable as it is now. 

This bitchy, whining, "we deserve better" attitude displayed by some (not all) of our fans is embarrassing. 

Have people forgotten the state we were in? The Scottish football establishment tried to end us, the media feasted on our woes and their inaccurate and biased coverage did incalcuble damage. We had charlatan after charlatan in the boardroom seeking their pound of flesh. On the pitch we were an utter shambles. 

Now we have a decent (not great) but decent team to watch. Some exciting young players, some limited (but hungry) players and one or two experienced pro's. We have a good manager, the academy has finally been dragged into the modern age. Our style of football is enjoyable and exciting.

I look forward to every single game at the moment and I can't understand why some entitled "supporters" want to piss and moan about signing players, about the defence, King opening his chequebook, etc.

Be patient. The team isn't perfect, there are some defencies but inpersonally can't fault any of the current squad for effort and application and we haven't always been able to say that. 

This is a good time to be a Rangers fan. Ibrox should be vibrating every Saturday from now until May. 

Spot on (tu)

We all know the team ain't perfect. The team and MW aren't the problem, that will sort itself out. 

The problem is King and his false hopes. 

Can anyone imagine 4 years ago thinking we would be so close to mounting a serious title challenge which should have been in reality years away? No. This is an imperative season for us where we could win the league which should have been out of sight for years. We are literally within touching distance of it and King refuses to give MW the cash he needs. That is the problem. I have no doubt in my mind if MW was backed reasonably well in this transfer window we would be oncourse for the title. The reality is MW has done a fantastic job with no money and pulling the likes of Barton, Krancjar and Rossiter up here for 250k is absolute genius but the manager needs a quality addition at the back and possibly up top. 

The refusal to engage in this so far is worrying and will be the difference come the end of the season, which King will live to regret. 

6 minutes ago, gsa said:

Be patient. The team isn't perfect, there are some defencies but I personally can't fault any of the current squad for effort and application and we haven't always been able to say that. 

Witnessing the Cup Final performance is still very fresh in my mind .

Improvements and new recruits in essential positions are needed asap before I will be happy

7 minutes ago, gsa said:

Be patient. The team isn't perfect, there are some defencies but I personally can't fault any of the current squad for effort and application and we haven't always been able to say that. 

You put the word supporters in quotation marks. Are you trying to suggest they're not supporters?  Is this one of those 'I'm a bigger fan than you' type posts?  I hate those.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You put the word supporters in quotation marks. Are you trying to suggest they're not supporters?  Is this one of those 'I'm a bigger fan than you' type posts?  I hate those.

I'm not claiming to be a bigger fan than anyone. 

11 minutes ago, gsa said:

Totally agree with the sentiment op.  It is ok imo to be constructive and/or critical, hell emotions can bubble over and anyone of us can be unreasonable in moments, what i don't understand is folk that are just permanently miserable, a few of them sit near me and I honestly don't know why they bother - to be fair I guess they are just miserable bastards in general. I said before I have made the mistake of taking the good times for granted - not anymore, loving what we are (in sense of the standards around the club) and what we are trying to achieve right now. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Witnessing the Cup Final performance is still very fresh in my mind .

Improvements and new recruits in essential positions are needed asap before I will be happy

We were awful in the cup final. But doesn't that happen in football? Teams play badly? It's not going to work every single week. We have a team put together for more or less nothing.

We got beat by set pieces. It happens.

1 minute ago, markem said:

My nephew is quite short mate, you will be bigger than him definitely.

Physically? Oh physically I'm a specimen.

i thought the other fellow meant "big supporter" in terms of games attended, replica shirts bought, how many Rangers clocks I've got on my wall, etc....in that regard I possibly fall short. 

Just now, gsa said:

We were awful in the cup final. But doesn't that happen in football? Teams play badly? It's not going to work every single week. We have a team put together for more or less nothing.

Naw .This is Rangers Fc . We don't do surrendering Cup finals the way we do without some fallout .

You may not remember the glory days ,I do and and we should never have been beaten by two set pieces .

Your casual attitude doesn't wash with me . It still hurts and I'm still fucking livid with many of them.

However I will say MW is better than the football served up under Ally . It would not be hard .

That does not mean our standards have to stay in situ ,just because we have improved on that .

MW needs to get the finger out his arse .

16 minutes ago, gsa said:

Brilliant post, spot on indeed.

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

In the 5 matches after the Celtic game we were dire, it wasn't a one off.

We were beat by some of the worst defending I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Naw .This is Rangers Fc . We don't do surrendering Cup finals the way we do without some fallout .

You may not remember the glory days ,I do and and we should never have been beaten by two set pieces .

Your casual attitude doesn't wash with me . It still hurts and I'm still fucking livid with many of them.

However I will say MW is better than the football served up under Ally . It would not be hard .

That does not mean our standards have to stay in situ ,just because we have improved on that .

MW needs to get the finger out his arse .

I've had a season ticket for nearly 20 years. 

"Naw. This is Rangers Fc. We don't do surrendering cup finals without some fallout" 

St Petersburg, Dundee Utd, Hearts....

we've lost cup finals before. 

You carry on on being livid you big staunch hard man. I'll enjoy the football. 

22 minutes ago, gsa said:

Be patient. The team isn't perfect, there are some deficiencies but I personally can't fault any of the current squad for effort and application and we haven't always been able to say that. 

Better than the Smith years my arse what a daft comment. You fucked your positive thread right at the start by feeling the need to play down what Smith done for us.

We still need three 'box office players' players in my opinion. A centre half, a no.9 and a no. 10 - leaders who would walk straight into the starting eleven. That's gonna cost money of course. King keeps getting flak for not 'getting his chequebook' out but he tried to get significant funds into the club through a new share issue but of course fat Mike and some other dodgy shareholders blocked that - until fat Mike is completely out of our club then we can only dream about the above 3 players. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Better than the Smith years my arse what a daft comment. You fucked your positive thread right at the start by feeling the need to play down what Smith done for us.

I didn't play it down. I wasn't talking about Smith the first time. And I wasn't taking about what he did overall. 

I was referring specifically to enjoying the actual football on show. The 2nd time around Smiths football was dire. 

4-5-1 at ibrox against SPL teams?

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

I've had a season ticket for nearly 20 years. 

"Naw. This is Rangers Fc. We don't do surrendering cup finals without some fallout" 

St Petersburg, Dundee Utd, Hearts....

we've lost cup finals before. 

You carry on on being livid you big staunch hard man. I'll enjoy the football. 

Are you thick or something . Of course we lose cup finals . When we do ,with the ones you mention . There are many that never play again