Negativity

gsa

4 minutes ago, Lidl said:

One game into the season and people are losing the plot over a draw.

What a riddy. :matron:

I wouldn't say anyone is losing the plot , most are just discussing how the same negatives from last season appeared to have carried over into this season and suggesting how they think it can be improved 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

I wouldn't say anyone is losing the plot , most are just discussing how the same negatives from last season appeared to have carried over into this season and suggesting how they think it can be improved 

I see lots of people getting called arseholes and RM's go to insult, "handwringer" getting bandied about willy-nilly. 

I see MW has commented on the Rangers website today.  Interesting to read him say .... (bit in bold by me) ......"There were so many chances to put the ball in the back of the net, and we have to get the rewards. It’s something we suffered from last year, but we have to correct it and move forward, no doubt about that."  Also.......about Niko and a few unnamed others......“I can’t speak highly enough about him, but he knows, as many others do, that they aren’t there yet. Pre-season, we came through, but there will be three or four bodies who still need a few weeks to reach their optimum level of fitness."

So what that admits is that pre-season has been nowhere near good enough despite signing players early.    And that we could possibly see a rocky August whilst those weeks are taken up with games where 3 or 4 (a large chunk of the team if they are all playing at the same time!) are still trying to get to optimum fitness.  Wow.  I mean just Wow!    It feels like starting the season with a team where 3 or 4 out of 11 are still trying to shake off lead weights of and dozy minds where they are not fit enough physically and possibly attitudinally.   

So MW seems to be saying in a way that we are hitting the season stumbling and that it may take weeks to see a full team at optimal fitness.   Wow!    No wonder DK set the sights on 2nd being acceptable.    Admirably candid and honest though MWs assessment today might well be, it does very little to inspire confidence that the lack of optimal fitness can be made up and that his 'more than competitive' objective can be realised.   As Matt Gilks noted yesterday - there is some work to be done.   Pity more of it wasn't done before the league games started.   

14 hours ago, gsa said:

I'm not usually one for this type of post but I feel it's appropriate in light of Saturday. 

At the moment, for me, supporting Rangers is an absolute pleasure and more enjoyable than at any time in the last 10 years. I include the Smith years in that. Yes we had some memorable title wins and of course the European run but going to Ibrox every second week then wasn't as enjoyable as it is now. 

This bitchy, whining, "we deserve better" attitude displayed by some (not all) of our fans is embarrassing. 

Have people forgotten the state we were in? The Scottish football establishment tried to end us, the media feasted on our woes and their inaccurate and biased coverage did incalcuble damage. We had charlatan after charlatan in the boardroom seeking their pound of flesh. On the pitch we were an utter shambles. 

Now we have a decent (not great) but decent team to watch. Some exciting young players, some limited (but hungry) players and one or two experienced pro's. We have a good manager, the academy has finally been dragged into the modern age. Our style of football is enjoyable and exciting.

I look forward to every single game at the moment and I can't understand why some entitled "supporters" want to piss and moan about signing players, about the defence, King opening his chequebook, etc.

Be patient. The team isn't perfect, there are some deficiencies but I personally can't fault any of the current squad for effort and application and we haven't always been able to say that. 

This is a good time to be a Rangers fan. Ibrox should be vibrating every Saturday from now until May. 

Nae way better than the smith years IMO!.

we won 3 leagues and a Scottish cup, 2 league cups and were 90 mins away from another European trophy!.

I think you're being a bit disrespectful to Sir Walter, sure the football wasn't great at times, but he knew how to win titles.

This is a forum for rangers fans to come on to discuss(and moan if we want) about all things Rangers!.

1 minute ago, Billythebear77 said:

Nae way better than the smith years IMO!.

we won 3 leagues and a Scottish cup, 2 league cups and were 90 mins away from another European trophy!.

I think you're being a bit disrespectful to Sir Walter, sure the football wasn't great at times, but he knew how to win titles.

This is a forum for rangers fans to come on to discuss(and moan if we want) about all things Rangers!.

Agreed , if warburton even manages half the success and team spirit smith got out of his team in his second spell then we will win the league . 

Nope.  Not good enough from MW.   I've listened again to the statement made by MW on 4 Aug (RTV video on Rangers website).   Compare what he said then to his statements on Rangers website today.  On 4 Aug we were told the squad was fit and in good shape and that whoever was played in midfield MW would not be a concern.   Today we are told that 3 or 4 bodies who still need a few weeks to reach optimum levels of fitness.

Now to my ears that seems to be of an exercise in claiming one thing before a game and admitting something very different afterwards.     The clarity and accuracy of messaging from MW is well short of his usual standard.  If today's message is in fact closer to accuracy then its a concern that having signed players early that they there are 3/4 who are weeks away from optimum fitness.   The team clearly was not at match ready state last Saturday and MW was over-generous in his assessment on 4 Aug that he had a fully fit squad.   

appreciate the sentiment in the op - we've played some brilliant football since MW arrived and bringing on some younger players which is great - the biggest reason for my negative thoughts recently is that we have (for years) had an issue where we don't have a decent centre back able to organise a defence, it's cost us goals/points last season and this season already, it's a long standing problem which hasn't been addressed no matter how many times we've heard that it's being looked at - it goes back further than warburton and the current board too, so I don't see why we should be anything other than negative about it when we have a gaping hole in the middle of defence costing us all the time. 

The other major issue we have is a lack of a natural goal scorer, we had 20 shots against hamilton and couldn't beat them, waghorn papered over the cracks last season but it's such a clear problem we have it should have been priority to sort out asap - we have one of the best midfield line ups in the league, in fact, we have about three of the best midfield line ups in the league, but I don't understand why we've only strengthened the areas of the team that were our strongest and left the areas that consistently cost us the ability to win a match.

yes it's nice to be playing nice football but when we have no end product and ship terrible goals at the other end it gets tired quickly - I'm not surprised there's negativity at the moment when we aren't addressing the problems with the team going into a new season - if we were making progress and it was obvious then fair enough, but we seem to have stagnated (or even gone backward) since pumping the jungle jims

14 hours ago, cd true bluenose said:

it didnt work out because he was backstabbed by our then captain and his pals :disappointment:

Absolute shite ! Le Guen was in the wrong movie and thankfully  Ferguson had the balls to stand up to him. Do you think Smith or Souness would have been ousted by Fergie ? Not a chance in hell, but Le Guen was simply not up to the Rangers job.

2 hours ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Your saying the team has us sussed but your also saying the players didn't get out of gear. Can't be both of these. If we play to our abilities and our style with the squad we have we should improve quickly and so will results. Fans need to be patient. It's one league game that is all it is. We played ok, our defence played ok (even though some have unjustly slaughtered them), and we were caught out using our subs early. This team will only get fitter and better. The fans need to have more faith in the players and the manager and stay positive. There is a long way to go.

How can it not :D

3 hours ago, Lidl said:

I see lots of people getting called arseholes and RM's go to insult, "handwringer" getting bandied about willy-nilly. 

anyone thinking Saturdays result was anything other than unacceptable is supporting the wrong club. I have told you before, your posting history suggests youd be better off at firhill

There is no doubt that people over react after a poor result. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a shocker though. We really had to send out a marker, much like we did stuffing Hivs 6-2 last season, and send out a strong message. As things stand at the moment, teams will think we have not really addressed out weaknesses from last season....wasteful in front of goal and vulnerable at the back. There is no doubt we will recover, it is just a bit disappointing. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

How can it not :D

What I mean was I don't think it's a case of us being sussed by the opposition rather than us letting ourselves down on the day. I think that if our players and team were fully fit and playing to their ability then we would have beaten them regardless. That is barring some bad luck of course. You could also say Hamilton were lucky that we lost Waghorn and had to play the remainder with 10 men.

17 hours ago, Smile said:

Hearts won the same League more points better off and played well right to the end its hardly La Liga and was the least we could expect given how better off we are than the teams we compete against.

The Cup win against the scum without beating Hibs in the final seems a bit Meh now.

Were you at the Cup game against St Mirren when we went down to 9 men that's when Smith came to the sidelines and showed how a manager of his calibre can get that extra something from players, Warburton still has a lot to prove.

Tbf most teams play openly thinking they can get a result against ANY other team in Scotland. 

We are Rangers .. they play 10 men behind the ball hoping to get a result.

Not denying I would like a new CH and a new CF.

1 hour ago, thehost said:

anyone thinking Saturdays result was anything other than unacceptable is supporting the wrong club. I have told you before, your posting history suggests youd be better off at firhill

Teams drop points over the course of a season, even Rangers. I'd rather it happened now than the end of the season when it's coming to the crunch. 

And it's Rangers and only Rangers for me pal. :wink:

On 8 August 2016 at 10:31 PM, gsa said:

I'm not usually one for this type of post but I feel it's appropriate in light of Saturday. 

At the moment, for me, supporting Rangers is an absolute pleasure and more enjoyable than at any time in the last 10 years. I include the Smith years in that. Yes we had some memorable title wins and of course the European run but going to Ibrox every second week then wasn't as enjoyable as it is now. 

This bitchy, whining, "we deserve better" attitude displayed by some (not all) of our fans is embarrassing. 

Have people forgotten the state we were in? The Scottish football establishment tried to end us, the media feasted on our woes and their inaccurate and biased coverage did incalcuble damage. We had charlatan after charlatan in the boardroom seeking their pound of flesh. On the pitch we were an utter shambles. 

Now we have a decent (not great) but decent team to watch. Some exciting young players, some limited (but hungry) players and one or two experienced pro's. We have a good manager, the academy has finally been dragged into the modern age. Our style of football is enjoyable and exciting.

I look forward to every single game at the moment and I can't understand why some entitled "supporters" want to piss and moan about signing players, about the defence, King opening his chequebook, etc.

Be patient. The team isn't perfect, there are some deficiencies but I personally can't fault any of the current squad for effort and application and we haven't always been able to say that. 

This is a good time to be a Rangers fan. Ibrox should be vibrating every Saturday from now until May. 

kind of shows what chance you have mate, folk aren't happy today and we have won 

7 minutes ago, markem said:

kind of shows what chance you have mate, folk aren't happy today and we have won 

It's because the warning signs are there, mate.

We were warned well before the cup final and didnt take heed, is it going to take a thumping from the tims to sort things out. 

Fantastic 3 points but our luck will run out in this league defending like that.

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

It's because the warning signs are there, mate.

We were warned well before the cup final and didnt take heed, is it going to take a thumping from the tims to sort things out. 

Fantastic 3 points but our luck will run out in this league defending like that.

Point taken to an extent fella but we have some that are just never done moaning - guy on the match thread calling Rossiter pish at HT. One example of persons that need to get a grip.  

Suppose it depends on your take on the game, it goes without saying the Set Piece defending is a genuine issue (i'm not down playing that) however I thought there was lots of positives in the game, certainly in the 1st half.

10 minutes ago, MasterD said:

People are happy we won (tu)

People aren't happy with the performance.

Not difficult to differentiate between them. 

Lots of people make valid, fair, constructive points, others are just negative as fuck about all manners of stuff and not just the performance.  

Just now, markem said:

Point taken to an extent fella but we have some that are just never done moaning - guy on the match thread calling Rossiter pish at HT. One example of persons that need to get a grip.  

Suppose it depends on your take on the game, it goes without saying the Set Piece defending is a genuine issue (i'm not down playing that) however I thought there was lots of positives in the game, certainly in the 1st half.

Aye, he was apparently at the game, he was talking out his arse. Even Sutton said in the first half that we were great to watch and I agree. That shit defence and loss of the goal affected our rhythm though.

Early days though and I do believe we can win this league, if we plug that defence. As I said though, fantastic 3 points.