****Your official Dundee v Rangers thread****

AlCapone

Wes, Tav Kiernan Hill Wallace, Rossiter Barton Forrester, McKay Dodoo MOH

MOH and Dodoo have to start imo, add directness and pace. Forrester is a wee workhorse as well, keep him in the team and Rossiter and Barton just give us that protection. Wee Rossiter is a star. 

Kranjcar, Windass, Holt, Halliday and Crooks still looking for a place in the midfield, would hate to be Mark Warburton. 

Foderingham

Tavernier, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace

Halliday, Barton

Rossiter,

Forrester, O'Halloran, McKay.

Subs; Probably Kranjcar on for Halliday swapping positions with Rossiter (sublime talent who hasn't looked a starting player for years on against tired legs/minds), If O'Halloran isn't working Dodoo/Miller on in his position but maybe you change his position instead of subbing him e.g. O'Halloran switches to the right and Forrester comes off for Miller. The 3rd sub I'll leave open.

The idea from me is that Kranjcar isn't at the races (yet) and therefore isn't worthy of a starting jersey, who to put in his place is the question but I've opted for Rossiter, unconventional perhaps but look the boy has a pass and clearly has a dig so with Halliday playing well in preseason and being more ready than most why not allow Rossiter to push up and offer us a fully fit/sharp threat where Kranjcar is in many minds. Dodoo did ok last night but that was Peterhead and he took too long multiple times on the ball - O'Halloran running on to quick through balls could obliterate Dundee and if it fails you have unsharp Miller or inexperienced Dodoo to bring on against tired legs/minds. Forrester should be starting on form but his finishing with his right foot was unusually poor last night and I think he's probably best on the right-hand side cutting in on to his left foot (is there anyone better at that in our team?), McKay should be on the left anyway unless you're benching him?!

Overall approach - attack with more impetus going forward, 4 passes from gaining the ball to playing the ball through the backline for O'Halloran to run on to (think Rod Wallace). 

It's true. Could be 4 or 5 behind and the first OF game is away plus we have Aberdeen away too. Teams are going to try more against us this season than the scum because of our return so I always thought it would take 1 or 2 years for it to settle down. I hope I am proved wrong. Just being realistic.

2 hours ago, BlueBloodStream said:

It's true. Could be 4 or 5 behind and the first OF game is away plus we have Aberdeen away too. Teams are going to try more against us this season than the scum because of our return so I always thought it would take 1 or 2 years for it to settle down. I hope I am proved wrong. Just being realistic.

Nonsense, even if we fail to win against Dundee there would still be 36 games to go. 

Celtic miss a domestic fixture this week and Aberdeen have Hearts at home. We could be heading into the old firm on September the 10th with 10 points from 12, unbeaten and top of the league. Everything looks rosey for Rodgers atm but if he fails to qualify for the champions league group stages and fails to beat us in September the knives will be out for him. Let's see how he copes with the pressure. 

On 09/08/2016 at 9:34 PM, AlCapone said:

After last weekends poor start Rangers are visiting the league leaders in search of 3 points. Young Al Capones first visit to Ibrox was on Sunday the 17th of February 1974 when Dundee knocked us out the Scottish cup 3-0 and the second visit was a couple of months later when the beat us 2-1 in he league with Sandy Jardine Scoring. Never liked them since.

The 2-1 defeat was my first game at Ibrox. If memory serves me right Sandy scored from one penalty but missed another.

Last time I was at Dens, Peralta scored a screamer of a free-kick that night.

Hoping we play better than that night. John Brown as a manager totally out-thought McCoist with his team selection, subs, tactics and his players looked hungrier.

Yes. John Brown.

Let that sink in.

I'm actually expecting a comfortable win. Maybe 2-0.

Wes 

Tav        Kiernan    Hill    Wallace

Rossiter

Barton         Forrester

O'Halloran     Dodoo       McKay

Replace Hill with Wilson if Wilson recovers

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM, BridgeIsBlue said:

If Miller starts I'll flykick a wean.

Leave the abuse of children to the bheggars mate.

Flykick a terrorist sympathiser instead.

15 hours ago, BlueBloodStream said:

It's true. Could be 4 or 5 behind and the first OF game is away plus we have Aberdeen away too. Teams are going to try more against us this season than the scum because of our return so I always thought it would take 1 or 2 years for it to settle down. I hope I am proved wrong. just being realistic.

You're actually not.