Something I noticed tonight

K.A.I

And before anyone says "o rly mongo' because it was 5-0, I noticed it early in and game and even at 1-0 - I thought we were a lot more direct tonight.

It was probably the couple of changes in personel but it was better to see for me.

Also I know it's only Peterhead, but there was still a difference in the directness tonight than there was against East Stirling, Annan and Stranraer before this.

I don't think big Dodoo had an amazing game to be honest, but again, like East Stirling, when he's playing I feel he offers us something different upfront and prime example being the 2 goals he's scored for us. He's a lot more readily available in the box for cut-backs and a bit of an outlet in general.

I think we should do something similar against Dundee away next week too. Same team and set-up except with Wallace and Fod back in (and with all due respect to Gilks and Hodson)

The more direct approach suits us a lot better,

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post I made in the match thread about this, wanting more direct -

Hope so, lots of possession, not direct enough with no end product far too much, then the other team scores from their one shot on goal from a defensive mistake. That was a lot last season, same last Saturday. 

I find myself screaming 'shoot ffs' loads of times. Frustrating. 

We were direct because it was peterhead we were playing against, better teams are better at breaking things up and making it difficult to be direct.

Hopefully though, it is merely the new team needing sharpness, fitness and to gel that's making us a bit too indecisive with poor decision making.

You can see players coming on to a game, I mean Dodoo was excellent tonight - very impressed.

Rossitter great again, his posture reminds me of barry ferguson

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And before anyone says "o rly mongo' because it was 5-0, I noticed it early in and game and even at 1-0 - I thought we were a lot more direct tonight.

It was probably the couple of changes in personel but it was better to see for me.

Also I know it's only Peterhead, but there was still a difference in the directness tonight than there was against East Stirling, Annan and Stranraer before this.

I don't think big Dodoo had an amazing game to be honest, but again, like East Stirling, when he's playing I feel he offers us something different upfront and prime example being the 2 goals he's scored for us. He's a lot more readily available in the box for cut-backs and a bit of an outlet in general.

I think we should do something similar against Dundee away next week too. Same team and set-up except with Wallace and Fod back in (and with all due respect to Gilks and Hodson)

Dodoo made several cut backs / one touch passes in the first half that wee Holt would have ran onto (if Holt plays exact same as he did last season... where he constantly ran into opponents box). Would like to see them both on a full game together.

You are right about Wallace and Fod being on... but McKay will also start. 

11 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We were direct because it was peterhead we were playing against, better teams are better at breaking things up and making it difficult to be direct.

Hopefully though, it is merely the new team needing sharpness, fitness and to gel that's making us a bit too indecisive with poor decision making.

You can see players coming on to a game, I mean Dodoo was excellent tonight - very impressed.

Rossitter great again, his posture reminds me of barry ferguson

But it was "only" Annan, Stranraer and East Stirling we were playing and we weren't as direct. That's my point.

Dynamism. That's what the likes of O'H, Dodoo and Forrester give that Waghorn, Miller and Mckay don't so much.

We need a better mix and MW needs to pick better teams, because sometimes we lack that dynamism when certain players are picked together.

Just now, Inigo said:

Dynamism. That's what the likes of O'H, Dodoo and Forrester give that Waghorn, Miller and Mckay don't so much.

We need a better mix and MW needs to pick better teams, because sometimes we lack that dynamism when certain players are picked together.

I get the feeling MW is getting the team fit and sharp, not picking the players he would normally pick.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I get the feeling MW is getting the team fit and sharp, not picking the players he would normally pick.

If he is, I wish he hadn't against Hamilton.

21 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Would you bring Mckay back in for Saturday?

No I would give him a rocket up his arse . Love him but he is no 1 at the club for being very lethargic when he thinks he doesn't need to try to hard .

As I said . He needs rested and a kick in the balls . Get that attitude right

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The more direct approach suits us a lot better,

Agree with most of that other than I thought Dodoo had a great game. I think he epitomised that direct approach that we all like . Agree with your team selection though I'd start McKay for Forrester , and I'm a big Forrester fan .