Robbie Crawford

BEE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Bit of a shite attitude from some. Young lad, Rangers fan, never did much wrong and by all accounts was the fittest and hardest working player at the club.

If there's no future for him, then fair enough, but I wish him the best of luck (tu) 

If we hadn't been demoted nobody would have ever known his name. I don't know how you can back up that he was the fittest most hard working player at the club but even at that I have seen nothing to suggest he is good enough to play for Rangers. He is nowhere near the level of our squad just now. Good luck to him in his future endeavours and at least he had the honour of dawning the jersey.

A young lad who gave his best but just not quite up to the required level. He is a Rangers supporter who lived the dream by pulling on the jersey. I remember reading that he was the fittest of the players when McCoist was there. I wish him the best in his future career ,just can't understand why anyone is giving him a hard time . 

6 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

If we hadn't been demoted nobody would have ever known his name. I don't know how you can back up that he was the fittest most hard working player at the club but even at that I have seen nothing to suggest he is good enough to play for Rangers. He is nowhere near the level of our squad just now. Good luck to him in his future endeavours and at least he had the honour of dawning the jersey.

You probably wouldn't know Barrie McKay either. 

Was said how fit and hard working he was by several staff at different times, finished 4th or 5th in the Glasgow marathon and he lapped Cribari during a fitness test on Rangers TV once :lol: 

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/an-incredible-athlete/

Agreed he will probably never be at the level required, but the snide comments are a bit shite on a young hardworking boy. 

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Was said how fit and hard working he was by several staff at different times, finished 4th or 5th in the Glasgow marathon and he lapped Cribari during a fitness test on Rangers TV once :lol: 

Agreed he will probably never be at the level required, but the snide comments are a bit shite on a young hardworking boy. 

There were times in Div 3 that he looked like the most natural finisher we had, too.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if he'd got more game time up front, instead of the latter appearances where he was mainly used in a defensive role, which didn't seem to play to his strengths.

2 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

A young lad who gave his best but just not quite up to the required level. He is a Rangers supporter who lived the dream by pulling on the jersey. I remember reading that he was the fittest of the players when McCoist was there. I wish him the best in his future career ,just can't understand why anyone is giving him a hard time . 

No-ones giving him a hard time? Just honest 

The lad did his best at a time where to be fair it wasn't difficult to be a standout. He never hid always gave 100% and was as has been mentioned one of the fittest at Ibrox for years. I hope he goes on to find a decent career somewhere unfortunately for him he just wasn't good enough to play in this new quality Rangers team. That's not having a dig just naturally not good enough which is a shame. 

13 hours ago, BEE said:

Been with us from youth and model pro from what I've heard. Announcements are made when English no marks we sign are released after 6 months, bit disproportionate.

Claiming on FF he was on roughly £750 a week, hardly worth hiding.

5 players on £750 a week is 200k a year! And that's just on wages, never mind admin, overheads etc for having greater number of bodies to look after. Not the kind of money we can afford to be squandering.

Every penny needs to be a prisoner for us these days. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe he should consider Athletics as with his stamina he might carve out a new career.