Money

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Spend it or we can say goodbye to having any chance of winning the league this season as that defence is an absolute embarrassment.

Over to you King.

1308962.jpg

I think I've asked this before but what exactly is DW's role at Ibrox?  I thought - obviously wrongly - that it would be to advise MW about matters defensive as that was, allegedly, his particular forte.  That being the case, how on earth did we end up with Wilson?

I still think Crooks could well be the answer to our problems at the back.

Didn't we win today? Unbeaten so far. Hasn't MW said repeatedly that he will only bring in players who will add value? Should we spunk money away needlessly to satisfy the ego of a few fans? 

The days of boom and bust are gone. We must run our Club in a sustainable manner.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that the board are running to a plan that doesn't account for us winning the league this season. If we do then they will celebrate the same as everyone else but will probably be a year or two ahead of their schedule. 

It's a dangerous game to play. But so is spending millions more than we can afford.

Its far too early to panic but frailties in the team from the latter part of last season seem to have carried into this season. MW  says he will announce a couple of signings this week. Hopefully they will improve our defensive and attacking options.

34 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Didn't we win today? Unbeaten so far. Hasn't MW said repeatedly that he will only bring in players who will add value? Should we spunk money away needlessly to satisfy the ego of a few fans? 

The days of boom and bust are gone. We must run our Club in a sustainable manner.

Its a very big ask to win leagues with our current philosophy

4 hours ago, kenzie2386 said:

I think I've asked this before but what exactly is DW's role at Ibrox?  I thought - obviously wrongly - that it would be to advise MW about matters defensive as that was, allegedly, his particular forte.  That being the case, how on earth did we end up with Wilson?

Based on what exactly? He is big. But that's all most of us know about him. 

48 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Couldnt agree more.

We were on our absolute a*se 4 years ago so cant have short memories.

I dont like it either but need to accept we cant splash the cash anymore-too many years without CL income.

Also i know its easy to slag King but lets not forgot someone has to be funding the £1m a month loss that was getting spouted for the last few years.

Oh and for all the Kiernan and Wilson haters....who was our central defence pairing when we beat the filth in SC semi last year ??????

7 minutes ago, seb1972 said:

Couldnt agree more.

I dont like it either but need to accept we cant splash the cash anymore-too many years without CL income.

Also i know its easy to slag King but lets not forgot someone has to be funding the £1m a month loss that was getting spouted for the last few years.

Oh and for all the Kiernan and Wilson haters....who was our central defence pairing when we beat the filth in SC semi last year ??????

Our defence are pressurised because of the formation we play. I hope our new defenders and defensive midfielders can solve the issue when match fit. We will find out soon enough.

As you said it's easy to slag the board. They are open to criticism but some revel in it and paint everything in black and white. Prefer full HD coulor winning 55 with a beaming smile myself.

30 minutes ago, seb1972 said:

Couldnt agree more.

We only need two good players. Surely we can afford that?

6 hours ago, kenzie2386 said:

Well this is the worry. Wilson was good. He was good for us under Walter, he went to Liverpool, and then he was good for Hearts. So he's not a shit defender, but now, for us, he is. Is it a coaching/tactics issue with our defenders?

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that the board are running to a plan that doesn't account for us winning the league this season. If we do then they will celebrate the same as everyone else but will probably be a year or two ahead of their schedule. 

It's a dangerous game to play. But so is spending millions more than we can afford.

Its far too early to panic but frailties in the team from the latter part of last season seem to have carried into this season. MW  says he will announce a couple of signings this week. Hopefully they will improve our defensive and attacking options.

If what you say is correct, then it won't be Warbs that they ( the board ) expect to be the manager that get us back to the top of the pile !! 

So why extend his contract ?....

3 hours ago, bluepeter said:

No. We should spend money to strengthen where it's needed though.

We have a very well qualified manager whos who used to work in the city. I trust his financial judgment. 

There is a long term strategy with MW. Not everyone understands that. It is easy to be overcome with the passion with our great Club, but I sincerely think MW could make history if we continue to back him.

One draw in 6 games does not a bad manager make.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We have a very well qualified manager whos who used to work in the city. I trust his financial judgment. 

There is a long term strategy with MW. Not everyone understands that. It is easy to be overcome with the passion with our great Club, but I sincerely think MW could make history if we continue to back him.

One draw in 6 games does bot a bad manager make.

That's got very, very little to do with the question you asked. And that's me being generous.

I trust MW's motives and game plan, that doesn't mean we don't need to spend money. If you genuinely think he is refusing offers of money for more players I'd suggest you might be lacking understanding...

14 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

That's got very, very little to do with the question you asked. And that's me being generous.

I trust MW's motives and game plan, that doesn't mean we don't need to spend money. If you genuinely think he is refusing offers of money for more players I'd suggest you might be lacking understanding...

What question did I ask? Very very.....

For the avoidance of doubt, DK does not have much money, this shouldn't be a shock to anyone! What we have is limited funds to bring in loan deals or out of contract players. I trust MW to do his best with the limited cash that we can offer him.

7 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Should we spunk money away needlessly to satisfy the ego of a few fans?"

That is a no. We didn't amass multipe world records on the basis of a RM opinons.

Bigger picture, long term stategy and a no surrender attitude for me.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

That is a no. We didn't amass multipe world records on the basis If RM opi ions.

Bigger picture, long term stategy and a no surrender attitude for me.

Excellent. So your argument is that we shouldn't spend money, because people who don't really kno the transfer market say we should spend money. 

Incidentally, we won multiple world records by spending money.

15 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Excellent. So your argument is that we shouldn't spend money, because people who don't really kno the transfer market say we should spend money. 

Incidentally, we won multiple world records by spending money.

and those cunts will be winning multiple titles if we don't spend when needed