Rossiter

Captain Hilts

I'd start Rossiter in the holding role next game and bench Barton. Needs to know early on he's not undroppable. Still confident he'll come good though.

Bring in another creative player further up the pitch, hopefully Windass is back fit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He was easily the only good thing about todays performance.

Reminds me of a young Stuart McCall. A good passer, tackler and the right amount of dig without that defining his whole game.

Bit harsh there, with JR being the only good thing!

While the build ups both involved a kindly break of the ball, they were 2 smashing finishes by Harry & Kenny!

During the game you always see him, hitting himself and getting very frustrated with himself if something wasn't perfect.  Think having Barton next to him today was a little bit if a Hinderence, feel they both wanted to do the same things. Boy looks a talent and can't wait to watch him develop with us 

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Hopefully not with the sideways passing, a bad comfort zone for a talent like him.

I don't think Rossiter has that problem, he is always looking to speed up play and get someone through on goal, almost playing that quarterback role which suits him well with his range of passing.

4 hours ago, rfc1990 said:

Loved the way he celebrated the win at full time.

A lot of the build up to the first Old Firm will be Barton v brown but I think Rossiter will have a part to play in that!

Totally agree mate.

Could see he was delighted at the final whistle.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Thought he was pretty average today. Seems to be the new goldenboy who's performances are going to be massively overrated on a regular basis. 

Got to agree.... where i was sitting today and the folk around me, in the 2nd half, thought he was very average, and when Niko came on i thought he woukd be going off...so we would have 2 more attack minded midfielders on.

Is going to become a great asset for us ive no doubt though.

5 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

"One of very few to get pass marks today"

Fuck me. We won and if the finishing was better we could've given them an absolute battering. I'd hate to see the threads today if we lost :lol:

It's really important to remember the good from the game. The lasting memory will be the dodgy defending and that we lost our way in the second half but if we can play like we did in the first half, take our chances more often and get a solid centre back then I think we are going to start seeing results with 3 goal margins more often.

13 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It's really important to remember the good from the game. The lasting memory will be the dodgy defending and that we lost our way in the second half but if we can play like we did in the first half, take our chances more often and get a solid centre back then I think we are going to start seeing results with 3 goal margins more often.

Couldn't agree more. You'd think we'd been hammered today reading some of the posts on here. Nothing wrong with a bit of positivity.

8 hours ago, rfc1990 said:

Loved the way he celebrated the win at full time.

A lot of the build up to the first Old Firm will be Barton v brown but I think Rossiter will have a part to play in that!

What did he do at full time? I missed it?

I honestly think Rossiter has a great opportunity to show how good a player he really is with us. He needs good service and a lot of assistance from the rest of the team to show how good he really is.

9 hours ago, HG5 said:

Bit harsh there, with JR being the only good thing!

While the build ups both involved a kindly break of the ball, they were 2 smashing finishes by Harry & Kenny!

Not harsh at all - I must have been watching a different game