Miller

JR

I honestly don't think he would've started today had Waggy been fit. I think Warburton's hands were a little tied because Dodoo starting and Miller coming off the bench isn't really an option, it's better to have Kenny run his race and then bring on pace to finish it. I don't buy this "old pals act" stuff tbh  

If we manage to bag Garner (or any match fit striker) in the next 24/48 hrs I think we can then start to call for Miller to have a seat on the bench. 

Thoughts? 

Miller has been frustrating the past few games. He's usually never in the box when we're on the break and looking for a final ball but pops up with a great strike and winning goal. Should've had a second but his touch was poor and let him down. 

I think he'll be best used as a sub in the second half of the season. 

Saw nothing from Dodoo to suggest he should start in front of the Veteran striker, who did score a well taken goal which was the winner. Miller is always in the correct positions to take chances, his conversion rate will improve with game time(it is the start of the season). Dodoo is something of an unknown quantity and should not be starting until he shows something coming off the bench. He had 30 minutes or so and was poor.

24 minutes ago, Big_dado said:

Saw nothing from Dodoo to suggest he should start in front of the Veteran striker, who did score a well taken goal which was the winner. Miller is always in the correct positions to take chances, his conversion rate will improve with game time(it is the start of the season). Dodoo is something of an unknown quantity and should not be starting until he shows something coming off the bench. He had 30 minutes or so and was poor.

Miller's first touch is as good as mine, fucking gash.

Should've got a hat-trick as well.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Miller's first touch is as good as mine, fucking gash.

Should've got a hat-trick as well.

You never know which Kenny Miller is gona show up, clear the bar from 6 yards Kenny Miller, or volley from outside the box top bag Kenny Miller. At least we know he can produce occasionally, Dodoo seems to be struggling to find his feet at the moment and needs to show something to merit a start when he comes on. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Kenny Miller will continue to score goals against teams like Dundee. It's against teams like Aberdeen and the scum where he'll struggle. 

Remind me who scored the first goal against the bheasts 16 odd weeks ago??

Also match winner today regardless of the opposition 

41 minutes ago, Big_dado said:

You never know which Kenny Miller is gona show up, clear the bar from 6 yards Kenny Miller, or volley from outside the box top bag Kenny Miller. At least we know he can produce occasionally, Dodoo seems to be struggling to find his feet at the moment and needs to show something to merit a start when he comes on. 

The same Miller from each game this season.

Dodoo has looked better than Miller so far, imo.

I actually like Miller. I think he looks good and fit but does look like he's lost a yard of pace since last season but to take that goal like he did shows what he's capable of. Weaker foot and by the keeper before he made a move. That's what he gives but again 10 years ago he would've had a hattrick today. 

He has his pros and cons and I'd like us to win the league this year for all the obvious reasons but for players like Kenny who can retire on a high and who played an actual and quite vital part of the journey

4 hours ago, JR said:

I honestly don't think he would've started today had Waggy been fit. I think Warburton's hands were a little tied because Dodoo starting and Miller coming off the bench isn't really an option, it's better to have Kenny run his race and then bring on pace to finish it. I don't buy this "old pals act" stuff tbh  

If we manage to bag Garner (or any match fit striker) in the next 24/48 hrs I think we can then start to call for Miller to have a seat on the bench. 

Thoughts? 

I completely disagree mate. Dodoo's experience in a top league can be written on the bottom of Millers left boot, he's young and very promising but with a lot to prove. Waggy is a great asset, but Miller was a virtual lethal weapon at his age. MW surely recognises that a fit Miller will be the difference in the minority of goal chances at Premiership level. He did so against the Unwashed and will do so against them again this season, no question. 

If Kenny was benched today at HT his subsequent introduction would/should have been met with the expectation of at least one goal. 

Holy fuck, folk actually backing Miller. 

Scores a decent goal (decent finish granted) despite playing shite and missing sitters and all of a sudden he's a first eleven starter again.

A Rangers forward should have got 30 last season comfortably. He didn't, cos he can't.  This season he will hit 15 at most even if he plays regularly.

It's not time to regurgitate my thread from the Motherwell game but undoubtedly later in the season I will.

Miller is not good enough in any aspect of his game other than effort. Which isn't enough in the SPL. 

We suffer from having Miller in the starting 11.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Holy fuck, folk actually backing Miller. 

Scores a decent goal (decent finish granted) despite playing shite and missing sitters and all of a sudden he's a first eleven starter again.

A Rangers forward should have got 30 last season comfortably. He didn't, cos he can't.  This season he will hit 15 at most even if he plays regularly.

It's not time to regurgitate my thread from the Motherwell game but undoubtedly later in the season I will.

Miller is not good enough in any aspect of his game other than effort. Which isn't enough in the SPL. 

We suffer from having Miller in the starting 11.

I don't think people are arguing for him to a regular starter, it's more who is the better option while Waghorn is out. I fully expect him to start a few games under Warburton who seems to like to rotate players.

Time to get off Kenny's back, he has been a consistent performer over the past three years, yes he is getting older and starting to miss some opportunities that others may have scored, but just remember he has been a loyal servant to our club .

1 minute ago, Daz said:

Time to get off Kenny's back, he has been a consistent performer over the past three years, yes he is getting older and starting to miss some opportunities that others may have scored, but just remember he has been a loyal servant to our club .

Loyal, my arse.