***Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

8 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

Interviewer to McGhee : " So, Mark , a hard game, but you lost in the end. How do you feel it went?"

McGhee: "Celtic, for me, are still, by far, the best team in Scotland".

That's a joke, right? Tell me he didn't say that! At least not as a direct response to that question.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We really struggled today but we have to remember that we didn't have Holt, Windass, Crooks, Waghorn or Garner available today and that's a lot of attacking options to take out of one team.

We still need a centre half but apart from that I think our squad is looking really good.

Yeah, I'm in agreement. We struggled today without Garner or Waghorn upfront but I'd still like to see investment for a solid centreback and not just a freebie.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We really struggled today but we have to remember that we didn't have Holt, Windass, Crooks, Waghorn or Garner available today and that's a lot of attacking options to take out of one team.

We still need a centre half but apart from that I think our squad is looking really good.

I look forward to seeing good looks on paper being translated into convincing match winning performances on the pitch.    The sooner the better.   We've struggled in all league games so far and there must surely come a turning point where the theory of a squad looking good is translated into visible reality.

8 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

Interviewer to McGhee : " So, Mark , a hard game, but you lost in the end. How do you feel it went?"

No surprise as any team his team plays them it's minus 5 plus

According to the Rangers website the match stats show 15 shots on target compared to 6 from Motherwell.   Didn't feel like we had 15 on target but I suppose those folks that are responsible for counting these things are correct.  Just didn't feel like 15 on target,

I would never doubt Miller's quality, but I'm sure most can agree that he would be a lot more lethal brought on as a sub. He puts a graft in and makes defenders work, something we could take advantage of. HOWEVER, I do think that's likely what we'll see once Garner settles. I really do have high hopes that we can destroy teams with a natural finisher such as Garner. 

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

According to the Rangers website the match stats show 15 shots on target compared to 6 from Motherwell.   Didn't feel like we had 15 on target but I suppose those folks that are responsible for counting these things are correct.  Just didn't feel like 15 on target,

I think we had 15 shots but 3 on target. 59% possession. Lots of corners.

12 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

:lol: caught me out because that's just what we would expect him to say...word for word

Well that was an incredibly frustrating day, much like the Hamilton game although today we came out with a fully deserved 3 points. We are clearly still well short of where we would all like us to be but today certainly proved that we at least have 1 thing in this group, something which can have a massive influence on the season ahead....togetherness, team spirit, fighting attitude, call it whatever you want but they never gave up today and rightfully got their rewards. 

The first half was terrible, slow, ponderous, no cutting edge etc etc again much like the opening day but I thought we were actually very good in the second half. There was much more aggression in our play, more tempo, eagerness to get into areas to hurt the opposition and some wonderful deliveries into really dangerous areas from Tav especially who was my motm. With so many players still to return from injury and hopefully the clinical striker we've been crying out for also to come into the side I'm hugely excited for the rest of the season.