***Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

I'm pissed off mate with that shite today. But you are fucking suicidal :lol:

Cheer up we'll be strong soon enough in terms of players and at least all of us can sleep easy knowing its just football and our manager is not a creepy cunt who maybe sneaks out during the night to do unspeakable things to confused people. People slag Scousers off down here but I thought Barton was spot on about Brendan. Hope that lot keep an eye on him.

3 hours ago, kenzie2386 said:

I agree, but MW will have to alter his attitude; it seems he has a fixation with Miller.  I suppose that for justification he would point to the goals that Miller scores.:disappointment:

Above quote for you. Cheer up mate. Miller has done plenty of good work for us

35 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolute bollocks .You obviously have never seen a good centre half in your life

All about opinions mate. And I was a centre half. 

How he's the one singled out for criticism today I'll never know. 

3 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:
3 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Miller won't be a starter since Garner has come in but he will be a good option from the bench.  I reckon that is where he will make the most impact throughout the season.  

Miller won't be a starter since Garner has come in but he will be a good option from the bench.  I reckon that is where he will make the most impact throughout the season.  

Will probably be true mate and I'd be happy. Kenny is not a sharp shooter but that boy has proven me wrong so many times that I will never slag him off. The lad was a fucking handful who was usually played up front on his own, even in weak English teams, against the best in England, Europe, and at International level. Any one who says Miller was nothing is either a Sky generation fan, RabC/hoop/mongo, or just one of those dafties who likes Rugby but realises his bird is drunk and likes you better.

Kenny has more about him than most of the team. It's always a goal or completely anonymous with him. Its because he is not as quick although he has always been the same type. I just laughed last year when he said he liked Warburton's system hahahaha

Honestly though, he's been a guy who is not an out-and-out striker but has been signed as one for teams at the bottom of their league and expected to keep them up through his own goals and people dashing up behind him.

Seen this boy drag all sorts of defenders around including internationals and premiership defenders. With a foot like Boyd's he would have been fantastic and vice versa but Miller was and is the real deal as far as Rangers FC is concerned and I will always think well of him.

Rant mate and nothing to do with you but fuck every FB who wants to slag our club and players :lol:     

13 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

No excuse. I'm getting up at 6am and cabbing it to the nearest RSC to watch

Good effort mate. Glad you did your best.

I tried 3 British pubs over here in Spain and none of them were showing the match. Scunnered!!!!!!

It's our first time on holiday with my 2 year girl. Cut off time. She is my world.

Had to keep up to date on twittwer and when Kenny scored the match winner Dad, Mum and my wee Angel were all doing the bouncy.

:dioufcheer::001::001:

3 hours ago, Shuggy said:

A game of grit and determination, but we'll need more than that away to Celtic and Aberdeen.

But I think we are gelling and getting it together, albeit slower than I hoped for. Looking forward to seeing a full strength team.

How do we beat these teams that park the bus? Simple - score first!

Should be the way against all these diddy clubs in Scotland that hang on to us for cash and overcharge our supporters. It is sad as we know that we have to keep our whole countries football going financially. :541:

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Ditto It's about opinions and having played that position like myself  ,you should know that being over 6ft ,you should be dominating guys 4inches shorter than you in the air at least 

Wison can't attack the ball at headers ,is powderpuff in a attacking sense,offers us nothing as an attacking threat . Is far too casual .Very rarely does he tackle with authority  .

He will never ever do in a month of Sunday's for Rangers .I've being saying this since his early days with us .

I appreciate your respectful reply and you are right .It's all about opinions 

In the fullness of time ,I will be proved correct on this one 

1 hour ago, The Tavernator said:

Most of our crosses into the box went straight to Motherwell players. Need more players getting into the box to attack these crosses. Hopefully Joe the third can do something about that.

Joe the third :-)

45 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The simple truth is that we do not have a CH, the present wannabees should be force fed videos of  Young,McKinnon Johnstone Holton McQueen to name a few,hopefully something might rub off.

7 minutes ago, spitfire said:

The simple truth is that we do not have a CH, the present wannabees should be force fed videos of  Young,McKinnon Johnstone Holton McQueen to name a few,hopefully something might rub off.

You are not wrong .When I think of the brilliant CH's our great club has had and I think MW has such a blind spot for this pair :disappointment:.Kiernan has very good games but he has shockers .Wilson is just not a centre half .Certanly not in the style I like to see my Centre halfs 

Sooner we realise it ,the better chances we have of starting to have the solid defensive unit we crave 

We may even have defenders that can score a few headers 

3 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Thank fuck we won but this is not good enough. Too many with the spirit of Capucho instead of John Brown. That's without even taking into consideration that we're trying to get wine from water with half these guys. All decent enough players in their own right but too much is being asked of the defenders at times. Most of them are average players and that's why we got them for buttons. Hopefully this new striker is as good in the air as fans of his old club say as we have been throwing crosses at no one for years.

But we need proper attitude among these guys if we are going to do it this season. Some have it like Barton who I liked because you could tell was getting really sick of being behind. Tavernier worked his socks off like most of them and put in lots of crosses whilst Rossiter seems to pop-up all about the place but too many look like they don't know what's at stake already. This is not England. We can not afford to drop points. Even though they might work hard there is a difference in attitude and commitment I believe. Take Tavernier who had a decent enough game when he put his foot in after being challenged but the lad broke away somehow from behind him. He put his foot in like it was a game of football. Wrong fucking mentality all together, it has to go in with complete authority so that either you win it or the both of you end tangled up and on your arses with the other guy beneath you and you with your arms in the air.

I suppose I'm talking about spirit, determination, and absolute will-power to do whatever it takes to succeed at every moment. The sort of thing that all our successful former players had in abundance no matter how limited their talent. Think of Andrews, Broadfoot, or Hurlock here, that's the spirit that's needed. Yeah ok lots of players may cover a lot of ground and do their shift but does it really matter? This is Rangers and that attitude is no use. How many of these guys have won title's before, especially in such a nip-and-tuck type of league? They don't know our football and probably only realise at a mental level that you have to win every game. No doubt some are not good enough to live with that intensity but you have to make them feel it to find out. The problem is that you can't make them feel it by talking lots of the time. It takes a real died-in-the-wool proper one of us to do that. Most of us have pride and you can see that especially in people like Barton but not many of these guys know the nature of the Scottish game.

Of course it is true that lots of them are not the most commanding of figures anyway but if they keep going into these fixtures with the attitude that they are playing a normal football match then this season is going to be like being sheep-shaggers or maybe even as bad as the parkhead soap-dodgers were during my first 20 years of football. We can all see the defensive and cynical tactics that teams are using against us but if we don't start becoming absolute bastards ourselves then we will win nothing. This isn't an Advocaat squad so need for ruthlessness is even more urgent. We need hunger, heart, balls, in addition to the talent we have. How do we get that from players that think they already have it before we crucify them and lots disappear into their own shells.

Who knows but I do know that Warburton and Weir, despite being fantastic and having played for us for years, can not deliver that part of the deal. They are talkers/communicators who will explain to you what it means and you will repeat it on Rangers TV like Waghorn did today while that dafty commentator was cracking jokes as we lost. But we all know that is bollocks. Its the sort of shite tartan army shite that leads to players being happy with second best. There is no John Brown, Souness, or Butcher in there to go absolutely nuts just because losing a single game is not good enough. Instead we will hear shite about we must improve in the next game. We all hear and understand normal communication but the truth is that to feel it deep like we do then sometimes it has to be demonstrated physically. These players have to realise that a foot stuck in is not enough. It has to be all or nothing every single time for every single moment of every match. 

I will take shit for this on here but as much as he is a legend of more worth than even most of our 9inarow boys, Lee Wallace is too placid a player to be our captain this season. Trouble is we can't drop him now but lets be honest, does anybody see him going nuts and making you feel deep down that if Rangers don't win then you might as well be dead? Because that's the way we almost feel for the day and I just don't believe most of our players feel anything like that. I bet half way into the season they can talk about feeling shite once the reality of a bad start dawns but we know its often too late by then. As much as I love big Lee we need to find an opportunity to get a real captain again on the field.

Sorry about this rant my friends and I am getting fed up of even this now but that pissed me right off today. I hope this new boy from Preston does the business and that we get a proper good centre half. Even the big Greek boy we had would be amazing this year. But a fair bit of it is down to our system. As much as Warburton have basically proved me wrong and given me renewed optimism in the game by playing proper quality football for no money, that won't really matter up here if you don't win the league. We are an open attacking team and that is great to see but we seem to stay open so that teams can come through us easily. We need to become better at dropping back and defending in numbers when our attacks break down.

Rant over but still a bit pissed off, that was never good enough lads. Motherwell defended as deep as I think I've ever seen and always seemed to have players everywhere but unless we learn to almost completely dominate these teams then we are in for a disappointing season.     

See to be honest lads, I let rip for ages after that game. I was raging and still am a bit but just read that and thought that is the most honest straightforward piece that could be written after a game hahahah  

26 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

How many times will Barton Rossiter Halliday play together to see it doesn't work and majorly effects our style of play. 

Barton and Halliday should be dropped from the next game.

Playing 3 cdms at home to Hamilton and Motherwell isn't on.

That was the second time, wasn't it? It isn't as if we've played that formation for half a season.

This isn't aimed at you, and I actually agree with you, but we have Waghorn, Garner, Windass, Crooks and Senderos still to fit In the team somehow (nevermind Holt) yet some folk are shitting their pants after three games. I despair of our support at times.

We may end up being short of quality this season, time will tell, but I don't understand folk shitting the bed with an incomplete team after 3 games.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

That was the second time, wasn't it? It isn't as if we've played that formation for half a season.

This isn't aimed at you, and I actually agree with you, but we have Waghorn, Garner, Windass, Crooks and Senderos still to fit In the team somehow (nevermind Holt) yet some folk are shitting their pants after three games. I despair of our support at times.

We may end up being short of quality this season, time will tell, but I don't understand folk shitting the bed with an incomplete team after 3 games.

We can only get better which is encouraging.

Didnt think we played too badly today. We are missing the directness from Holt/Windass/Forrester even McKay in the middle that they 3 don't bring. I'd drop Barton and replace with Forrester and bring Moh out wide.

Ive noticed we aren't really going for the jugular at all this year and Wallace and Tav aren't pushing on as much.

Something that needs addressing is what DW brings to the management team.Perhaps like many players before him,even great ones,the transition from player to coach/managerial level is beyond him or is the manager ignoring his advice.

Whichever it is our defence shows no sign of improvement despite DW's wealth of experience in that department. It is something that imho needs addressing while we are top and not left until a latter day,as before we will not meet dross like Motherwell every week.

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Ditto It's about opinions and having played that position like myself  ,you should know that being over 6ft ,you should be dominating guys 4inches shorter than you in the air at least 

Wison can't attack the ball at headers ,is powderpuff in a attacking sense,offers us nothing as an attacking threat . Is far too casual .Very rarely does he tackle with authority  .

He will never ever do in a month of Sunday's for Rangers .I've being saying this since his early days with us .

I appreciate your respectful reply and you are right .It's all about opinions 

In the fullness of time ,I will be proved correct on this one 

He wouldn't get a start in a net ball team and Kiernan ain't any better. I've yet to see worse in the top league and the sooner MW sorts this out the better, or we are winning nowt.

12 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Something that needs addressing is what DW brings to the management team.Perhaps like many players before him,even great ones,the transition from player to coach/managerial level is beyond him or is the manager ignoring his advice.

Whichever it is our defence shows no sign of improvement despite DW's wealth of experience in that department. It is something that imho needs addressing while we are top and not left until a latter day,as before we will not meet dross like Motherwell every week.

Neither centre back posses the attributes to fullfil the role. No amount of coaching will give them what they need. 

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Neither centre back posses the attributes to fullfil the role. No amount of coaching will give them what they need. 

If that really is the case the failure to address the situation is a disgrace.