What would you deem a successful season?

GTMLivo

Now I know we all want normailty restored and us winning the league again however say it doesn't happen this year what would you guys deem second best?

Personally I think second with the Scottish and or league cup would be okay. We need silverware this season it's a must in my opinion.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GTMLivo said:

Now I know we all want normailty restored and us winning the league again however say it doesn't happen this year what would you guys deem second best?

Personally I think second with the Scottish and or league cup would be okay. We need silverware this season it's a must in my opinion.

Hi Dave.

Just now, stevemartin1991 said:

winning the league. 

Yes well done bud I agree however if you'd like to entertain the question on hand that for whatever reason it doesn't happen this year what would be your minimum?

1 minute ago, GTMLivo said:

Yes well done bud I agree however if you'd like to entertain the question on hand that for whatever reason it doesn't happen this year what would be your minimum?

If we dont win the league i would deem the season a failure. we are Rangers, Winning leagues is what we do. we need Champions league back at Ibrox. 

We must win the league for it to be deemed successful IMO. The Scottish and League cup double would be great but the league is absolutely paramount. All focus must be on winning the league and quite frankly if finishing 2nd or worse is deemed successful, at this stage of the season or pre season we'd be as well not bothering. 

To go into a season, already with mediocrity in the back of your mind is a very dangerous mind frame to be in as you've almost given up before you've started. Have some belief in yourself, your teammates, the management, the club and the fans. If anything other than winning the league is not at the forefront of everyone's minds then the liklihood is it won't be achieved. And if players can't cope with that pressure they shouldn't be here.

I appreciate this will not be easy and we will need to raise our game, become tighter, more clinical and more consistent but attitude, focus and belief is very important.

If the very worse happens then we can readdress and evaluate at the end of the season but for now anything worse than league champions is unsuccessful IMO.

I understand our proud history and reasons why as a support we expect to win the league but we need to take into account the strange circumstance we find ourselves in ,after what has happened over the past 4 years. We do not have a god given right to win things and circumstances are such that we do not have nearly the budget the Taigs do and are trying to bed in several new players. Surely finishing 2nd in our first year back and hopefully winning a cup would be a good year. Would luv to beat the scum a few times and hopefully get drawn against the HIV's in the Scottish cup.

If we get down to the last day with a chance of winning the league, we will have made huge strides forward IMO.

Throw in a Scottish cup final win against them or Aberdeen and It would be a really good season.

Winning the league is always the requirement for it to be a successful season.

There are different questions though. If you were to ask what was deemed enough for the management to keep their job, it's harder to say. Depends on so many circumstances that we can't see. Minimum of second in the league is an absolute, though.