Your lifetime best eleven?

ready1873

Goram, Van Bronckhorst, Amoruso, Cuellar, Numan, Ferguson, Reyna, Durrant, Laudrup, Gascoigne, McCann.

That's the team for me. In my opinion a balanced side, incredible options from the wings and pure combative quality through the middle.

No out and out striker but it wouldn't be a necessity with that team.

Honestly that side would steamroll any cunt. Some players we've had.

Cant wait to see how wrong I am with other peoples suggestions.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goram

Jardine Gough Butcher Numan

Laudrup Gascoigne van Bronkhorst Cooper

De Boer McCoist

Weir, Thern, Hateley, Negri, Mols, Souness and McCall were also considered. Also have to mention Prso, Johnstone and Greig, although the latter was a bit before my time. Jardine kinda was too, but I'm aware of how good he was mainly due to footage.

I only really started following Rangers from 1992 due to me not really getting into football until I was a bit older as a wean.

So that rules out guys like Walters, Butcher, Cooper, Durrant before his injury - even though I know fine well how good players they were. It's only right to do a team that I've seen in the flesh.

Goram.

Amoruso Gough Bougherra

Laudrup B.Ferguson (98-2003 form only) Gascoigne Albertz

Miller McCoist Hateley

4-3-3

I know my teams not to everyone's liking.

Goram, McCoist and Gough I've zero time for but you can't deny the contribution they made to our success through the years.

I went 3 at the back because I felt it right to fit in more attacking players.

Bougherra might be considered a strange one but I thought he brung so much to us - Cueller, Weir and Moore were close calls for that space.

You's are probably thinking WTF Kenny Miller but his second and to a lesser extent his third spells with us - the amount of goals against Celtic and in big games and the effort he gives us (even though I think he's winding down now) I feel comfortable having him in even if it won't be to everyone's liking. De Boer and Mols were close calls for that pick, though.

In my lifetime my fav team would be 

Klos

ricksen bougherra gough wallace

De boer   Gazza ferguson laudrup

prso mccoist 

subs 

goram weir van bronnckhorst mols Mccann Davis Albertz

Goram

Jardine Gough Butcher Numan

Laudrup Gascoigne Van Brockhurst Cooper

Durrant  McCoist

Note :  there are 6 Scots in the side.

If only we had a Scotland team with 6 players of their quality available now, we would be back in the finals of major tournaments in no time. 

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I only really started following Rangers from 1992 due to me not really getting into football until I was a bit older as a wean.

So that rules out guys like Walters, Butcher, Cooper, Durrant before his injury - even though I know fine well how good players they were. It's only right to do a team that I've seen in the flesh.

Goram.

Amoruso Gough Bougherra

Miller McCoist Hateley

4-3-3

Goram, McCoist and Gough I've zero time for but you can't deny the contribution they made to our success through the years.

Bougherra might be considered a strange one but I thought he brung so much to us - Cueller, Weir and Moore were close calls for that space.

You's are probably thinking WTF Kenny Miller but his second and to a lesser extent his third spells with us - the amount of goals against Celtic and in big games and the effort he gives us (even though I think he's winding down now) I feel comfortable having him in even if it won't be to everyone's liking. De Boer and Mols were close calls for that pick, though.

Superb. Miller is a tremendous shout. Always scores v the tims and has shed blood for the club

I always, always go back to jt, but I remember when Nesta and Cannavaro admitted defeat against him at Hampden, described him as unplayable. Some mention that is.

11 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Mcloy

Jardine

Mathieson

Smith

Johnstone

Greig

MacDonald

Conn

McLean

Stein

Johnston 

Always will be  

had some amazing players during my lifetime but those above will always be the greatest...

McLoy is the best keeper you've seen? I only caught the last years of his career but remember him as being really inconsistent.

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Goram.

Amoruso Gough Bougherra

Miller McCoist Hateley

4-3-3

I also agree with Bougherra. Astute signing, excellent attacking mentality for a centre half and a good technique. A crime he got sent off at the tattiedome. His brother is a legend too.

Goram

Stevens  Gough  Butcher   Numan

Cooper  Gascoigne  Souness  Laudrup

Hateley       McCoist 

With a good blend of steel and flair on the bench: 

Klos, Amoruso, Ian Ferguson, Hurlock, Durrant, Amato, Mols. 

Guest Lloyd72

Klos

Hutton  Bougherra      Weir    Papac        

Davis      Ferguson    Mendes  

Prso      Jelavic        Mols